Dumb Question About Trees Falling in a Fores

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by lixluke, Sep 29, 2006.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I'm not overly happy right now. It's temporally appropriate.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Nah we are just after your body sam.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You need some weed and a hug, that's all.

Where are those grandkids?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You need therapy or a book on tantric masturbation.

8. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Hmmmmm tantric masturbation sounds good, is that like mutual masturbation sammy?

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Watching TV with their mom and aunt. I fear for all of them. Amish shootings not 10 miles from here, my boss just lost his daughter to cancer. Fuck the world and any hypothetical gods. Give me a million bucks and I'm packing up the whole caln and moving to a compound in the far northwest territory of Canada. Fuck everything.

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Simmer down there planckster. Sam's an independent woman and could probably kick both our asses in a fight. Simultaneously.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Life happens wherever you go.

I lost my mom and we put my 18-year old cat to sleep (remember I showed her picture not long ago?).

You carry on and it gets easier if you don't let it take you down.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nah its like yoga; you become so flexible you can suck your own dick and become totally independent.

13. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Sam there is nothing wrong with a good healthy interest in tits and ass.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There's healthy and there's obsessive.

I've noticed you think of nothing else and jump down everyones throat.

You need a hobby (one that does not go bum-titti-titti-bum)

15. imaplanck. Banned Banned

hmmmmm but I want you to do that for me Samantha, I dont see the point in getting a dog, then barking myself

16. imaplanck. Banned Banned

lol

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Think of sharp machetes, think of yourself minus one testicle and with half a dick.

:bugeye:

18. imaplanck. Banned Banned

hehe you're just making it hard for me

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Right. I lost my mom while you were still learning to use the pot. Watched my brother die with my dad at his bedside. Lost my dad to dementia. Put the cremated remains of my favorite dog on a shelf.

I know life goes on, and I do just fine. But humans get depressed and just plain sick of the fucking world from time to time. Not that a chipper person such as yourself would necessecarily give in to such things, but I'm just not that robust. I'm moody, on drugs, and just a bit teed off. I put on no faces for the benefit of the world. Screw the world. For this week at least.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I hear you.

I've been low too, the last few months have been pure hell.

Just because I don't show it, doesn't mean I don't feel it. I'm one of those who needs to put on the face to get through the day.

I'm sorry for your pain, I can't imagine how difficult it's been.

I'm sorry, too if it felt like I was trivialising it, I wasn't.

It's hard to know what the right words are to say though "time will heal" and "it will get better" always make me see red. (Hence , the face)

Boy now I need a drink.

Lets not talk about this anymore.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Righto.

22. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I don't perceive you as being pedantic when you say, "almost there", just uninformative. I was just playing fun-fun, haha.

ALL of "our realities" are relative, filtered and inconsistent. (Who said that thing about being amazed that we have as much in common as we do? Bohm?) Hence humankind's desire to focus on mutualities between experiences, rather than inconsistencies, to lead us to a system which, hopefully, describes "reality".

I, however pre-mature scientifically this may or may not be, must side with the people who believe that reality is not created inside our heads with electrical activity, but rather we are perceivers and catalogue-ers of something both inclusive and exclusive of our persons. Our perceived reality is a system, our definitions are a system, and physical reality is a system independent of both. It may be unknowable in the end, but we make a tacit agreement to share a certain physical reality when we speak about it, and asking a question which purposefuly confuses systems is fun, but it is not a valid tool for describing any of the systems thereby confused.

p.s. sorry about all the bad stuff life brings. There are so many things that are impossible to understand about other people's realities, and even mine sometimes. Sometimes analyzing it all is the only way to keep it from becoming overwhelming. Just coping is ok too, we don't always need to be super-beings.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh good, I don't know you that well, but I'm glad you have a sense of humor, it's not as common as one would hope (sort of like common sense

)

No argument here.
    The idea is not to confuse (though the way be long and steep), but to realise that rigid models of induction based on existing theories can be a blockade to the possibilities of alternative models. In my own modest opinion (completely throwaway though it is), working with the results as facts and researching alternative hypotheses to explore possible models of causality is more helpful than working down in the opposite direction, since that limits the parameters within which one reasons. By results of course, I mean in the course of investigations though like Eliot I truly believe:

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

That, ultimately, is what I hope to bring into focus here.

Thanks, its just that I hate it when I start out trying to make a friend feel better and end up making him feel worse.