Election: Co-moderator in World Events and Politics

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Porfiry, Feb 1, 2004.

?

Who should be made co-moderator in World Events and Politics?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2004.
  1. 15ofthe19

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. certified psycho

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. CounslerCoffee

30 vote(s)
    53.6%
  4. sargentlard

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Undecided

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. wesmorris

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Now Persol has got a plan! Underage females (But not to young) indeed.

*When you say underaged, I think 18 to 20.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

Vote for me to stop sci-spam, plain and simple. I will not be easy going on posters who are prone to sci-spam, and I will enforce the ethos that is dictated by the sci community, voting for the same ole ppl who have shown their ineptitude, they are the reason we are having these problems in the first place. Einstein did say, doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result is a true sign of idiocy. You be the judge...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dapthar Gone for Good. Registered Senior Member

High point of your life I bet. Be proud. (For those who cannot tell, that was a use of sarcasm.)

Well, I voted for Sarge and Wesmorris. Wes since I think he would make a pretty good mod, and Sarge because I think he'll commit suicide if he loses two moderator elections in a row. (A joke. Really.)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

He's talking about me, incase you guys didn't know that. But what I keep telling Undecided is that I don't have control over WE&P, only the scifi section (So really, saying that voting for me is going to cause the same problem, is a load of bull).

Also, under Undecided's rule this conversation wouldn't be taking place. Babies would be locked up, flowers would be cut down, and everyone would be unhappy.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I disagree. I think one of the best things the mods do at Sciforums is that they intervene as little as possible. What you call sci-spam maybe only a problem for you but I think the mods here realize that socialization is inevitable, even at a site like this. That eventually even intellectuals like to take part in jest and non-subject related conversation. I have seen the mods only intervene when it gets too far but completely deleting every single post that is off subject is anal and prude and is a great turnoff because even for serious posters such moderation can be overly done and make the site dry.

Good luck to you and if you do win then I suggest less zealous behavior. Bad behavior can not be changed through strict moderation, infact you will only incite threads and flame war towards you in SOG and Site feedback.

A close and keen eye along with courteous behavior is far more effective than right out deletion and I know because Wet1 showed me this through an example.....lets just say I was a useless shit (Like I have risen to the ranks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) when I first joined and believed this place to be a chat room.

9. nico Banned Banned

Yes, and Coffee would be chained to a stone with a poisonous snake spitting venom above his head

10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

So it's between a guy who posts pictures of 2 guys kissing, and a 21 year old woman.
    One seems intent locking down the forum, the other is fine unless you mention bananas.

It's up to you.

Personally, I find the insertion of large picture into a thread very annoying, and undecided has a bad habit of doing this.

11. Undecided Banned Banned

Under my rule WE&P would become a fertile ground for what it's intended purpose is, that is of conversation about politics. Sorry but you like babies that shit all the time, and have the flowers that you are allergic to be there residing and eating away at the respectability that it should have then go ahead, waste your vote. If you want the pussy willow moderation that this site is used to then go ahead. But if you want real change and if you want there to be someone there to actually care about what you have to say, as long as it is relevant. Then vote for undecided, democracy is inept and it's showing its colours as of this moment. Freedom of cognitively is at stake, others may want to appease the ignorant babies and even feed them, but I will not.
    And yes you are part of the problem, look at sci fi, even to your own admission the place is dead, is that what you want WE&P to be as well?

12. Undecided Banned Banned

So it's between a guy who posts pictures of 2 guys kissing,

I see you don't understand the political importance of that picture, do you even know who is in the picture?

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Persol! I'm 21... But I'm not a woman... And what about bananas?

Undecided:

This place is fun. It's suppose to be fun, this is recreation. Breath. It's like being in the park engaged in a debate; you make jokes, get serious, argue, and then make more jokes. If you plan on editing these things out... Then it is obvious that you are not here for the right reasons. Sciforums is suppose to be fun, not depressing and gray (Even though the GUI is).

Persol, I seriously I ain't a woman... And what about bananas?

14. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

From looking at the picture, no... not a clue. Looking at the name of the file it becomes fairly obvious.

But that's the point. That picture doesn't actually serve any function to advance discussion, and doesn't really help this situation as I'm sure the majority of people have no clue who Brezhnev is. As such, the only reason I can imagine that you inserted it was for an emotional response.

My 'emotional response' to that picture was to vote for somebody who didn't need to resort to such negative propaganda.

15. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Hehe... you could have fooled me...

bananas - A while ago was a thread titled 'porfiry'. You seemed to have 'issues' with the word banana. I don't imagine this being a hot topic in WE&P though.

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah, I remember. I told you that you couldn't say banana in the Scifi section, or the word green, or the number seven... Stuff like that. Hehe. Thanks for reminding me. Good times were had in that thread.

I wish I had boobs.

17. Undecided Banned Banned

From looking at the picture, no... not a clue. Looking at the name of the file it becomes fairly obvious.

Well I think it should arouse something in that brain of yours. Brezhnev (being the past lack of moderation), and Honecker being the old guard, in an embrace, of master and servant. If it wasn't for Gorbachev the embrace would last forever, we need reform now. Get it now?

That picture doesn't actually serve any function to advance discussion, and doesn't really help this situation as I'm sure the majority of people have no clue who Brezhnev is.

It does serve a function to those who have the faintest idea of what the history and politics is behind it, which has obviously escaped you.

As such, the only reason I can imagine that you inserted it was for an emotional response.

No rather I inserted it for a reflective minute response, for people to think. Not for people to waste my time alas now.

My 'emotional response' to that picture was to vote for somebody who didn't need to resort to such negative propaganda.

It is nothing more then a reflective picture of the past being re-lived in the present. The truth hurts...

18. Undecided Banned Banned

Undecided:

This place is fun. It's suppose to be fun, this is recreation. Breath. It's like being in the park engaged in a debate; you make jokes, get serious, argue, and then make more jokes. If you plan on editing these things out... Then it is obvious that you are not here for the right reasons. Sciforums is suppose to be fun, not depressing and gray (Even though the GUI is).

When you log into sci, on the main page what does it say? JOKE TOWN? No rather it says intelligent community, is it intelligent to maintain the status quo? Not according to Einstein and me, it is painfully obvious to me that you are not taking the problems in WE&P seriously, and this post proves all my others points, apathy, and ignorance. I am not calling you ignorant, but I think you are in terms of the seriousness of the decline of cognitive thought in that part of the forum.

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

This is getting tired and boring. Let me tell you something, Undecided:

1. I have no control over the WE&P section. If I did then I would have control over it right now and we wouldn't have the need for an election. This means that I cannot do anything about that section, so associating me with being part of the problem is retarded. Do you understand?

2. If you think I'm a problem, that I ain't part of the solution, that I'm going to do a bad job, etc. Come out and say it. Don't avoid it with pictures.

3. If you think that you can edit every post, and close every thread that you consider crap, than you've got one thing coming to you. You take orders from two people if you get this position: GOOFYFISH AND PORFIRY.

4. You cannot make up your own rules, you have to follow the site rules and the rules found in the FAQ, and the registration policy.

5. If you edit every post, I give you a week before you are hounded out of office for censoring people wrongly.

Really Undecided, grow up. This isn't about ruling with an iron fist or editing out what you consider to be crap, this is about having fun and keeping flames down, trolls out, and stopping harassment.

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Also, you think this is joke town? You want a more serious forum? You want serious, boring debate with no flare, find another forum. Like you said in a previous thread, you've been a member on six different forums. Go back to one if you don't like it here.

People around here don't want Stalin-ish mods. They want fun and entertainment.

21. Undecided Banned Banned

This is getting tired and boring. Let me tell you something, Undecided:

You know my friend there is a axiom that you should understand, there are some things you can control and some things you can't. Sadly you are trying to control the things you can't and forgetting about the things you can, being your emotions. Is this what posters in WE&P expect when they challenge you?

1. I have no control over the WE&P section. If I did then I would have control over it right now and we wouldn't have the need for an election. This means that I cannot do anything about that section, so associating me with being part of the problem is retarded. Do you understand?

You are part of the problem with sci, you and your comrades in arms have shown nothing but ineptitude. There are the select good mods, and good posters, but overall the level of debate has dropped to levels that would make your "babies and flowers" cry and dye (respectively). I weep for the future.

2. If you think I'm a problem, that I ain't part of the solution, that I'm going to do a bad job, etc. Come out and say it. Don't avoid it with pictures.

Again, control your emotional outbursts; I'd rather not be spit on thank you. I think you have answered your own question.

3. If you think that you can edit every post, and close every thread that you consider crap, than you've got one thing coming to you. You take orders from two people if you get this position: GOOFYFISH AND PORFIRY.

I have previously accepted this fact, and I have also accepted the fact that I would have to get acquiescence from the two higher ups in the organization, I have no qualms (nor have I expressed) any before.

4. You cannot make up your own rules, you have to follow the site rules and the rules found in the FAQ, and the registration policy.

Read above por favor.

5. If you edit every post, I give you a week before you are hounded out of office for censoring people wrongly.

Did I say I would do that, and don't you think that some posts that add zip to the conversation about politics but are rather attacks should stay? If so, then maintain the status quo, and you’re so called "fun place", if you don't then you are in accordance with me. But you don't understand, nor grasp the severity of the situation, so of course I do not expect a different response but this unnecessary and largely child like emotional burst.

This isn't about ruling with an iron fist or editing out what you consider to be crap, this is about having fun and keeping flames down, trolls out, and stopping harassment

Do you expect that to happen without scaring the children just a little bit? HA!

22. Undecided Banned Banned

People around here don't want Stalin-ish mods. They want fun and entertainment.

No one here has said Stalin will come into the picture. People come here to become enlightened and to be intellectuality challenged, not to endure needless flames (which you so aptly call "jokes"), and trolls (the comedians). Illusion is not my best friend...

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Blah to your last post. Anyone is free to challenge me. I do not care. You want to read my post with emotion and anger? You can. For me that post was nice and diplomatic. This is really about the way that you're viewing me. Maybe I didn't aid in enough smilies?

I severly hope that you do not win. Like I said before, if you don't like this forum, leave. It's that simple. And I will admit, you do bring a lot to this forum. But when you start talking deletion and ruling with an iron fist... Oh yeah, and don't forget that you know sciforums so well. Because you've been here sooooo long.

Bananas I say! Bananas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.