epidural or no epidural?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Lori_7, Jun 15, 2011.

?

would you recommend an epidural or natural childbirth and why?

1. i had an epidural and i'm glad i did.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. i had an epidural but i wish i had given birth naturally.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i gave birth naturally and i'm glad i did.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. i gave birth naturally but i wish i had opted for an epidural.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

That's because its loopy nonsense, I just did a Google search for "hearing loss, fetus, ultrasound" and there was not one Cochrane, BMJ ect, or health department arical on it. Xrays are almost completely banned on pregnant women because there is a tiny chance of a risk so if there was a risk in ultrasound it wouldn't be used.

As for vitamins iodine and folate she's right but watch out for what you take because vitamin A and some other vitamins are quite damaging in large doses

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

BTW you don't need to increase calcium oriron intake acording to the victorian health department

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

If I had reproduced I wanted to name a girl Zora and a boy Wolfgang. But I made the right decision.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Why not Goron

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Wolfgang...that's a badass name. Love it.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

PB came up to me the other day and asked me what I thought of the name "Oliver" if we had a boy (asuming she ever gets pregnant). I turned to her, gave her a flat stare and said "my whole life my mum has been saying "sit on it and do what Oliver did""

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

oh, i like that name. it's so dapper.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

my poll results suck. there aren't very many women on this forum are there?

well, i just stubbed my toe, and i've decided...i'm definitely getting an epidural.

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Zora for Zora Neale Hurston. I like her writing...sorta wish I'd gotten to meet her.
    Heh, do a lot of bicycle riding, it'll give you great muscles where you need 'em.
    Ten miles a day, doc will need a catcher's mitt.

13. Anouk Registered Member

14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Not too many women on here.
    I'm...equipped with girlie bits, but decided not to.

Had I, I probably wouldn't want an epidural...Having my legs go all floppy would be just too weird.

15. John99 Banned Banned

I would try it naturally but would need to read what the disadvantes are for epidural. Sure childbirth could have been easy and children born very samll but then people would be shooting them out all over the place.

16. John99 Banned Banned

So really...all in all there is a reason for it to be painful. I imagine its not more painful than a broken bone. I broke my leg and waited a full day for any medical care.

17. Anouk Registered Member

I think a broken bone sucks more in the end then labour...in the end you end up with a cast for 6 weeks, women get a baby

18. John99 Banned Banned

That is true.

I wonder if the pain is comparable to getting your teeth drilled with no pain killers or Novocain.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Well when your getting you're teeth drilled you don't have a natural system.designed to supress the pain, that's what the g-spot is actually there for. As the head pushes against the cervix it stimulates the g-spot, which releases endorphins which supresses pain. Broken bones, drilling teeth ect don't have these same systems in place, infact the oposite is true, apart from adrenilin the body WANTS you in pain so you stop doing whatever is hurting you

20. Anouk Registered Member

I just read a part of a study of 2 Japanese researchers stating that 'selfcontrol is an important predictor of satisfactory childbirth-experience for mothers'. They state that women who see labour as a challange, in their attempt to control their breathing and relaxation, had a better outcome. It is further important to remove fear and anxiety during the process. All these issues would raise satisfaction, self-confidence and pride with the mother.

I can only agree with what they observed.

21. Anouk Registered Member

What happened to your body when your heater got broke by 4 °C?
    Hope it didn't mess with your G-spot

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think that's my problem more than anything is fear. i'm really terrified of physical pain, and i just think i would be a nervous wreck.

i remember one time i got out of bed in the morning and was walking downstairs, and i guess i was still a little groggy because i missed the last step. kind of grazed it and lost it for a sec and then recovered. and it scared me so bad i cried. i didn't even hurt myself and i cried, just at the thought of hurting myself.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

since you brought it up...are you equipped with both kinds of bits?