Everything is blown out of proportion and overthought.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by thecurly1, Aug 28, 2001.

1. spankyface Registered Senior Member

The masses always latch onto what brings them together. Maybe it's some frequency or rhythym of occurence that draws someone's attention. Do we have the perspective (I don't, as I'm but young) as a generation to see that it may be a social cycle? Have we socially built ourselves up to such a point that we're better at proving who we are than actually being who we are? Has the percentage of open-minded people dwindled or become numbed by media's constant drone and the inevitable anti-climax of life?
    People live quickly and enjoy speculation. It's like a delayed creative bomb. Your mind does all the work based on some hyped up facts, and finding out is just that. The only surprises are local and small. That makes for poor enterprise.
    There's a huge spread of information these days. This must be the information age. Before such knowledge, the spirit could be delighted by so many things and so live half of life's adventure. One half of us seems our physical existence and the other our spiritual. Recently spirits have been fooled and let down because they cannot roam so free. What we know about a subject as a society is daunting, and the mind cannot flex itself because so much seems known.
    TV News, Radio, Internet, Newsletters, Newspapers, word of mouth, email, newsgroups, forums, mailing lists? So many branches of study for scholars. Is the human mind capable of handling everything? Maybe the amount the human "uber-essence" can have is finite, and so becomes spread out over more numbers.
    Maybe it's my own humility.
    I think a good example (and at this point it would be a shame if I misguessed your meaning in all this) is the Movie Trailer. I've seen so many extremely entertaining previews of movies. The awe of the theater experience discounted, scenes of animation and action that occur with the beats of songs or flashes of light make a good impression in your mind. But many movies are just horrible. There is no intricate plot or character depth. Computer animation and extremes are their reason for existence.
    Some ideas have so much potential if someone worked a bit harder. It may be the times we're in or part of a huge cycle, but we seem to be losing our cultural luster.

Am I looking too hard or too often for greatness these days?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

<i>Chattering monkeys may also say such things about those who study them...............</i>

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

Re: Which words would those be, KalvinB?

<font color="blue"><font size ="8">AGREED ! ! ! </font size>

Without discussion and supporting evidence, we find ourselves arguing in one-line insults of each other. The intelligent discussion of anything has to do with the details. The details are varied and many...........</font color>

If one doesn't care for the details and facts to support a belief, then one should spend his time tuned in every Sunday to the Televangelist of his choice.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2001
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.