Evil Indian/Hindu Caste System

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by duendy, Apr 15, 2006.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

My belief is that the caste system is oppressive in nature, hence by the leaders of Hinduism have called for the abloishment of this system in the common era, including the Mahatma Gandi.

Hinduism isnt evil though, even if I believe it is false, to say it is evil is too much.

Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You really are living in a fantasy world, Diamondhearts. The author, who was a Dalit himself, says Hinduism is a Satanic Cult, and that it should be abolished.

Of course, if that were to happen, Islam would probably be next.

You really don't have a clue, do you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

karma exists, but it would probably be better to not talk about it since people are too stupid.
    of course, because you believe in islam.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

OKe, you claim it is is the way the karma-doctrine has been taught, yes? so let me then ask you--as i am familiar with the doctrine--how does YOURunderstandingof it significantly differ from how it's been taught?

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

Your silly-childishly provacative reponse is not surprising from what i've read of you before. hardly worth my effort. i am supposed you WULD love to shovel shit and wipe your 'leaders' arses. so we'll leave it at that!

9. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

the karma doctrine should not be teached at all to people who are not ready to hear it.

here you are, oppressing children again.

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

np. a child wouldhafv vstly MORE INSIGHT THAT YOUR DISPLAYING. COMING BACK WITH NOT-FUNNY QUIPS. NOT TAKING THISSHIT SERIOUSLY. WHEN I SAY 'CHILDish' I AM MEANING 'SILLY ADULT WIT NOT MUCH SENSE' IS WHATI MEAn

11. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

duendy,

you're silly, so i respond silly.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  12. duendy Registered Senior Member

no darlin, you respond to EVEYOne silly. you ARE silly. you live in some kind of horrendous mish-mushness universe

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Duendy, you're on to a good topic here and are defending the rights of those oppressed. You should ignore c7 and stick to your guns.

I read the good doctors lengthy article, c7 has probably not. Simply ignore her insane rants.

14. the_almighty Registered Member

im also silly. it takes a great deal of intelligence to be silly. lewis carroll was an ordained c of e priest & mathematician

im a christian/hindu. the only things i accept from hinduism are that we are god & reincarnation & genuine supernaturalism

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

what are your views on the subject of this thread? the Indian Hindu Caste System??

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Can there be a fake supernaturalism?

17. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Caste system per se is not bad. It is just a representation of specialization and division of labour. What is bad though is the discrimination and superiority-inferiority matrix that have emerged as a by-product of the structure.

India has been working hard to address these anomolies- the constitution guarantees equality and denounces discrimination. Can you believe that uttering a underprivileged person's caste is a non-bailable offence in India?
    Half of all government post and educational opportunities in the country have been reserved for candidates from the under-privileged for the last 50 years (and continues today) to bring them upto speed - would this be possible in any other country? So the efforts in the direction of equality are very strong and have achieved quite a deal. The country has a fair democracy that allows equal rights for all.

Today, caste-based discrimination is limited to a few pockets in the interior, with no significant presence in the cities and the more-developed areas. It won't be long before even this is got rid of. And for the site mentioned, there are a million others. Does the site ever mention anywhere what have been the steps taken to correct the anomaly? So there is an agenda.
    Karma has no relevance to this and is just a convenient projection. The concept of Karma is something very different.
    Thanks.

18. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Caste systems make sense.

Not every person can do every job.

Traits are heritable and determine who can do what job.

George Bush, in a caste system, would not be allowed to run for president.

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

WRONG. it is CENTRAL to the very conceptual origins of the caste system ...obviously. it all stems from the propaganda of some people being 'born purer' than others!

Your an apologist.

20. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

duendy, you don't understand the karma thing. you look at it from your personal point of view. for many people, karma is good. especially for those who suffer. cos it gives them meaning, that it's not just bad luck that they suffer.

of course... it's wrong that people look down on those who suffer... and they will get karma for that... but no one can say that people who suffer have bad karma... only god knows what karma people have... no person should judge others...

you're too young duendy... you should wait a few thousand years.

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

and you are too bleedin daft to even bother with. sorry to be so blunt but it's true.

22. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Where is your post?!
    Have you suffered because of caste? What is your source of information but for the shit you stepped into on the stupid website?
    Nobody decides, pal. It is an aberration that evolved aside the main caste system.
    Read about India and its polity. A good number of current leaders and officers are from the weaker sections. Forgot to mention there are also major scholarships/aid only for weaker sections.
    i know a lot of people who didn't make it to being doctors because the seats moved to someone less qualified, thanks to the reservation system. No regrets, though.
    You are mixed up and emotional. Where did I talk about poverty? All I said is that with general advancement, caste becomes a non-entity.

Phew, misconceptions!
    And are you aware that caste system exists in Indian Christians and Muslims too?!

23. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

for me it is. i'm sure it's for others too. but i don't believe in karma because it makes me feel better when i suffer, but because i think it's true.

you should listen to some daft punk and calm down.