Face spotted in prison door

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 26, 2014.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Are you certan that ghosts dont exist.???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well no one has collected the million yet and I could prove they do I'd have collected it by now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes... btw... are you certan that ghosts dont exist.???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've never seen one, my family has never seen one and many people that I talk to haven't seen one.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Is ther anythang you'r certan about.???

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I will die. I am breathing. I walk and talk. Plus many other things.

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

How about ghosts... are you certan that they dont exist.???

11. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Excluding some abstract tenets like that, which one inevitably has to have some level of confidence in, in order to make judgements at all (that are more than unthinking, animal-like responses / reactions).

The way I've come to deal with these affairs is to say: In terms of actual practice, my behavior amounts to "being certain that there are no ghosts".

But from either an epistemological or a reflective thought standpoint, I can't go to that degree (beyond a mere warranted stance) because of assorted speculative possibilities falling out of both sci-tech and philosophy that could undermine the chosen premises that I would try to derive such an unmitigated conclusion from.

The latter at the very least are grounded in a belief that some generalizations / universal rules truly exist -- or are as globally effective and unerring as if they did. Which is seemingly impossible to prove (in the intellective mode of verification) -- and/or prove specific views which consequentially fall out of them -- minus circularly appealing right back to those concepts and tools of reasoning. The alternative requires either myself or a consensus-making group to be witnesses to every microscopic and macroscopic event throughout all space and time (past / future) so as to "empirically prove" that the aforementioned are indeed so flawlessly, universally applicable. [I.e., seemingly likewise impossible.]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No. Neither am I certain that God doesn't exist, or faries or pink flying unicorns.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

You are very open minded... an of those 3... i druther it be the faries that was real

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes... an i guess ive thout it for so long... im comfortable wit the idea that im not certan about anythang.!!!

15. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I am absolutely certain that ghosts have not been proven to exist.

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I have high confidence that ghosts havent been proven to me to be real.!!!

17. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Right. Just wanted to make sure we had that on the table because the opposite phrasing is often used by ghost crackpots for burden of proof shifting trolling.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

As far as "Trollin" accusations aganst Magical Realsist goes... i have high confidence that he believes that ghosts are real.!!!

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I am absolutely certain that persons haven't been proven to be real either. Yet all of us operate on the assumption of their existence everyday. Without any explanation required we regularly ascribe personhood to bodies everyday, including our own. Qualities such as intent, feelings, purpose, ownership, awareness, values, knowledge, and moral responsibility get projected onto every action a body performs. It doesn't therefore seem a stretch that just as we have a holistic physically-transcendent experience of personhood in ourselves and in others we do the same with ghosts or souls, especially when paranormal research turns up repeated evidence for said entities.
    Will ghosts EVER be reducible to the movement of atoms in a physical universe? Will conscious persons EVER be reducible to that?

20. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

As do I -- but that has nothing to do with what I said. MR isn't stupid and he's done this and been corrected over and over again -- he knows where the burden of proof lies, but tries to manipulate it in virtually every thread.

In any case, this particular time he didn't start that angle, you did.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well... if me or MR is brakin the rules i expect we will be moderated shortly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

What I don't get is that "certain parties" tell us they don't believe in God, Allah, Krinsna, etc., heaven or hell, but they'll come on here constantly insisting that Casper is real, and even use that old churchman argument, that is no argument, that we can't prove Casper doesn't exist. Also I've know religious people who have had doubts and even abandoned the faith of their fathers. I have never known a ghost believer, Bigfoot supporter or UFO ogler to change their minds. How very curious.

And if there is no heaven or hell to haven't gone to yet, if there is no afterlife, how can there be ghosts? Do all the dead become wandering, lost souls? If that were so why is it so hard to encounter the many hundreds of millions of them there must be?

Yes, ghosts belief is the proper province of religious believers, not 'the certain party".