FEMA, martial law, and concentration camps

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sculptor, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I'm aware of that, as my previous post made clear. My point was that the lack of provided sources means sculptor just made this particular incarnation of it up. As opposed to having seen it again recently on a conspiracy theory site. Beggs the question: why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

C'mon. None of this stuff comes from anyone independently reasoning from facts and evidence. Do we imagine that the regular citizens of the US keep track of the dimensions and locations and policies of FEMA emergency camps? (That's the kind of thing real journalists need a full time income to do - and that's a warning).

By pretending this stuff is new, you pretend that it can be derived via legitimate reasoning from evidence. You pretend that one can come up with this shit by attending to reality and generating reasonable hypotheses from the evidence in front of us all.

You also pretend that the history of these conspiracy fantasies does not stain the current sources of them, currently active in spreading them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Pathways:
    One morning, I was perusing the yahoo finance site and came across a link to the tsa turnover rates.
    Which led to abuse of power-----a tsa supervisor was illegally spying on one of his employees--when asked for a warrant, he flashed his badge saying "this is the only warrant I need".
    The employee quit----for an organization authorized 43,000 employees, 67,000 have already quit. High turnover rate in any industry.
    Which led to the huffington post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-dear/beware-of-the-growing-usm_b_8252586.html
    ..."after stopping a senator outside his jurisdiction, an agent pointed to his gun and said "that is all the authority I need."
    Give some people a little power and we are no longer a nation of laws and constitutional safeguards...(tyranny is always a close danger)..........

"detention facilities"
    ignited an old memory (see above) which led to a bit more searching
    which lead to:
    "There over 800 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. ... ".
    A little more searching led to several pages all of which had the same words, sentences, paragraphs...etc... all seemingly from an original from 2009.

It would seem that the "concentration camps" were at least in part an extrapolation from the "detention centers" operated by ice.

Well worth the discussions herein?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.