Fizzy drinks: how much do you drink per day?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Captain_Crunch, May 19, 2004.

?

How much fizzy drink do you drink a day approx?

1. 1 can (330ml)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 2 cans (660ml)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 1 Litres

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. 2 Litres

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Other amount. (please specify)

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

In response to the recent hype of the cancer risk related to soft drink, Ive created this poll. Ive virtually been raised on fizzy juice, I drink alot of the stuff, nearly 2L a day every day, so Im kind of worrying about this recent study. I take everything I do to the max, smoking and drinking included. But now Im 19, ive got my head screwed on straight and Ive stopped the smoking and sevearly reduced my intake of alcohol. But, I didnt know that carbonated drink can cause cancer, so now Ive seen this news Im stopping fizzy drinks altogether as well.

They say that aerosol deodrants, aftershave etc can also cause cancer, so, are we doomed from the outset or do you think its alot of hype over nothing?

So how much did you drink or still drink a day?

Any discussion on this topic is welcomed.

Cheers.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

It varies between days and depending if i need the sugar for energy, usually between one can and a litre, i prefer to balance it with juice or water.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i don't like soda. water for me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I prefer fruit juices and milkshakes. I occasionally have the odd Lucozade.

8. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

about 1 can month, I used to live off of them but I've sort of lost my taste for it in the last few years.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I enjoy fresh squeezed lemonaide the most on a sultry, hot and humid day. Fresh squeezed apple juice is also very refreshing and goood for your health.

10. jps Valued Senior Member

This study isn't very convincing. It shows that there is a correlation, but the conclusion that the rise in drinking soda is the cause of the rise in esophagal cancer because soda can cause gastric reflux and gastric reflux is a risk factor is not a fair deduction. If it were, then it would also follow that anything which causes gastric reflux is a risk factor, and thats quite a few things.
    A more likely explanation in my opinion is that the rise in obesity which is a major cause of gastric reflux is responsible for the rise in esophagal cancer.
    Of course, drinking too much soda can cause obesity, so even if this is the case soda could be a factor, but its not the same thing as saying "soda causes cancer"

11. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

I drink about 0.2liters a day, on average. Go figure

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

Yes, this is true, it does look like they are jumping to conlusions but do they not say thats its gastric reflux combined with the acid content that helps get you cancer? There are so many acidic kind of foods too so I dont really know how they can attribute it mainly to soda. Smoking, low iron levels and alcohol are supposed to help cause it so why all of a sudden do they conclude that soda is a major factor? There are too many variables to take into conderation...

13. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

I drink one or two cans a day.

I do what makes me happy. Drinking soda with things like pizza is good so I do it. I give little regard to long term health effects. I may regret this when I am 70 but I doubt it.

You are 19 and dropping soda just because some study says it might contribute to causing cancer? Hehe might as well stop doing anything fun. Everything causes cancer its true. Keep drinking and eating and even having an occasional smoke if ya want it....

14. ihavenoname083 Registered Member

none. I mostly drink juice and water- i hate the fizz actually thats why I mostly drink juice and water.

15. west_side Registered Member

The only time I ever drink fizzy drink is when i mix bourbon with coke

16. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Probably 2. Which is bad!