Freemarket Capitalism: SpaceX rocket launch – and landing

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Michael, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

How many children would have died of exposure if we didn't have Slavery? According to your logic, we wouldn't be able to cloth and feed ourselves without resorting to the whip. Oh, and apparently we couldn't organize a private means of tracking disease. You know, because there's no incentive for free people to voluntarily track disease. No no no, without the whip we'd all die of starvation shivering in our filth.

NPR: Firestone Did What Governments Have Not: Stopped Ebola In Its Tracks

Maybe the CDC has saved 'millions' of children lives, or maybe they have cost millions of children's lives. Just look at the mess FEMA made in the aftermath of Katrina. I private organization would have gone bankrupt. At FEMA you get a promotion and budgetary increase with expanded powers that erode civil liberties. Or look at the bloated mess that is the TSA. Or look at the utter incompetence and cronyism that is the Pentagon. Or don't. It doesn't matter.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh, that's right, you have some difficulty delineating deduction from induction but easily overturned 2500 years of Epistemology and 'reasoned' what an alternate timeline would look like.

Nice! What's your next trick? Flying around wearing a Superman cape and diapies?
    LOL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

No one can know if Space Flight is worthwhile or not. That's WHY we need a free market, sound money and laws that protect property. It's the only way to determine if it is or isn't something worth doing.

This was a step in that direction.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh! Laws now.... LOL.

It did not require government to invent electricity, the radio, automobiles, alternating current - essentially the modern world, including aircraft. And guess what, people invest in things like automobiles, aircraft and electricity because they make our lives better. There's no NEED to use violence against INNOCENT people. To suggest there are 'LAWS' that require us to do so is utterly insane. A sort of insanity we only see in Theists who claim only through the 'Word of Gawd' blah blah blah blah....

Insane. Your talk of biological Laws that require violence be initiated against innocent people for the Good of Society makes you sound like a Plantation owner of the 1700s. IMO.

Free people invented and built airplanes, automobiles and electric motors, they most certainly could build a rocket for Christ's sake.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Rural electrification was a government project, as was the interstate highway system, air traffic controllers and all our early rocket research.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No, I deductively exclude the impossible. No alternative possible history of automobile invention includes a perpetual motion machine as an engine, for example. And no alternative development of a space program lacks the necessary contributions of a government of some kind.

You sound pretty sure of that. Maybe government wasn't necessary for some of that, as it was for a space program, but government was, in fact, involved in all of it. So you are making a theoretical argument - proposing an alternative history.

Myself, I would bet that alternating current on any large scale, automobiles, and aircraft, require government. I can see - and I'm not going to be careful or thorough here - a possibility for electricity in some small uses, and radio of a kind, emerging from unbiased capitalist free market exchange without a government. But I'm not sure of that last.