Fringe subforum

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by birch, Nov 7, 2016.

1. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

Interesting . . . . I looked at this thread but posted NOTHING!!! The "glitch" is not mine!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Is this a common characteristic of bright, think-outside-the-box scientists like yourself karen? Lying like a rug when the evidence is right here? On the forum, in your post - black and white, ya' know?

About a quarter of the way down in your "quote": ". . . .u-m-m-m-m . . . then why are all the unscientific politics and anti-Trump sentiments permissible on a science forum . . . . .OH! . . . I get it! . . . . .political SCIENCE. RIght?"

Are you trying to say James wrote that? Funny, it's not in his post. Gee, wonder how that happened...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Post number 12 in this thread, was posted by you, Karen.

In the post, you quoted the entirety of James R's post, and inserted one line in it, but you posted your sentence, in the quote itself, which not only led to reports, but requests from one member and staff, regarding your inability to use the quote function on this site.

The sentence you inserted into the quote you posted of James R's post is:

. . . .u-m-m-m-m . . . then why are all the unscientific politics and anti-Trump sentiments permissible on a science forum . . . . .OH! . . . I get it! . . . . .political SCIENCE. RIght?

Are you now denying quoting James and inserting that into the quote you posted in this thread, which can be found in post 12 in this thread? There is no glitch, Karen. You actively quoted James and then inserted that sentence in it. How do I know you inserted that sentence in it? Because that sentence does not appear anywhere in James R's original post that you quoted, and that sentence and sentence structure, closely matches how you post on this site.

So you are either lying about not posting in this thread (keep in mind, we can see you posted in this thread at post 12, and that you inserted a sentence in the quote you posted of the entirety of James R's post), multiple people are using your account here and posting under your name or you have multiple/split personalities. Which one applies to you?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 Valued Senior Member

Don't tell me that some people don't believe in gravity

Or

Have you noticed how gravity is stronger since Trump became President?

Or

I'm sure there are wilder ideas out there

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. sweetpea Registered Senior Member

Is this ''Alternative Quoting'' a new spin off from ''Alternative Facts'' ?
    Karen are you decoying for someone on the site? You seem to be active when a certain member starts to post elsewhere...just asking.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    pjdude1219 likes this.
  9. Seattle Valued Senior Member

This is not a science forum. Actually, I see no reason to have sub-forums here.

10. birch Valued Senior Member

Yes, it is a science forum. BUT for some strange reason, some members become upset if it seems attention is given in other non-science subforums at times. But i don't see how that matters because those who want to discuss science can and moderators make sure to cesspool crackpot or move it to another subforum. It's not like everyone is in one room and other's discussions compromise or interrupt their own.

Are they jealous? seems silly. Is the "party" too loud next door and disturbing their scientific discussion? it's a forum with virtual soundproof dividers. What could it possibly be? simple intolerance.

Actually the forum could be even better if it had more life subforums to round out every area of life or interest. but maybe too much bandwidth.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  11. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I think they should just make the entire forum about whatever conversation anyone wants to have.