Fundamental ideals of sexuality changing with progressive generations

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Shogun, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

second-class citizens? that's a really bad argument chimp.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

No he is right, sometimes homosexuals are treated as second-class citizens.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

More than not!!! F--ck ho;e Open your eyes people . Your ass holes plain and simple . It takes one to know One . I may not be homophobic , but I can be a real Ass in many other ways . I can fuck you up good . I learn that shit from being a nail driving carpenter. THe world consensus is " WE can change them and make em like us " I see the contempt in even the most liberal Hetros when the subject is approached . You Gay people they hide there contempt in front of you. Well they don't hide it that good . I have tested this many many times with many many people and the reaction is always the same . There lips curl up and they get that evasive stair in there eyes . It could not be more blatant if they covered there ears with there hands. I think different . Because I know what abuse is . To be a victim of circumstance. It is like my dyslexia . Right now I am sitting here knowing I am going to be mocked in the next couple of days by I.R.S. agents . They are going to laugh at Me , call me illiterate and then think I am joking with them . They will not be able to understand my difficulties in life. You think I want that . You people take things for granted . I read the f--cking dictionary for 3 fucking years hours every day trying to over come . That was back when I was still a young man of about 25. Not to mention reading normally like the average person . Which only if you are truly dyslexic your self can appreciate. Fuck you all , Bigots abound big time . You can still be my friend and maybe we can help you get over your bigotries because we care about you even though you harbor contempt for many types of people . I understand how hard it is to get over conditioning . Hell struggle with it every day

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that still doesn't mean it's a good argument for sexuality being inherent. because a person doesn't bow down to idiotic conformities, doesn't mean sexuality is inherent.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Sometimes it is NOT inherent. Like attention whores and pseudo-gays for example....

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

my point to spider was that there's no proof that it's ever inherent.

10. SomethingClever Registered Senior Member

first off, to scheherazade: your posts are golden.

but back to the topic at hand: is the word 'faggot' really necessary? I know it's just a word, but it serves no purpose other than to shine the spotlight on your close-minded views. Also, in my experience, those most outwardly opposed to homosexuality are in fact repressed homosexuals themselves. perhaps it's time to do some soul searching..?

whether there has been an increase in homosexuality, or just less effort to conceal it, I see few negative aspects other than having to deal with hateful, ignorant buffoons like those revealed in this thread.

the world is overpopulated and there are loads of orphaned children.
    homosexuals rarely procreate, and often adopt. it seems like everyone wins.

as for teenagers acting gay because it is trendy... well... the need for an identity, or the need to fit in, is a powerful force (especially in the prison-like, clique-driven madhouse that is American public high school). I did far more pathetic things to find an identity in high school, like spend $25 for cheaply made cotton T shirts because they said the word "Hurley" or "Volcom."

middle school and high school are a crazy time. it's a fucked up world in there. I will reserve final judgments on these "fake homosexuals" until they have reached adulthood.

11. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

If by 1996's you mean that you were born in 1996, then I have some bad news...the people who are younger than you are not a different generation. They are your generation. If your views are correct, then you are from a generation of faggots.

Your particular year may be an outlier, but you will be defined in popular imagination by your generation as a whole. I happen to have been Generation X, notwithstanding my not caring for MTV and being pretty hopeful about my ability to succeed.

The real answer has already been given though...every observer is biased and is disproportionately likely to view everything other people do (that the observer does not) as weird. Moreover, everyone views younger people's behavior as a sign of societal decay. Socrates complained, "Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."

You are an unusual case in that you are recognizing the failures of your juniors at an especially young age. You are a premature curmudgeon; and as you will learn later in life, everything premature is bad.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

We were lucky with the Generation Gap. We got to feel that way about our elders: the ones who discriminated against people because they were a different color, the ones who invented and used nuclear weapons, the ones who thought that women should stay home.

I'm too old to be a Baby Boomer, but we (very few) War Babies had to choose whether to align with the Boomers or with the Depression Babies. I like rock'n'roll a lot better than swing, so that was an easy choice.

My main criticism of the Boomers is that when they became parents they tried so hard to avoid the mistakes their own parents made, that they went too far in the other direction. A lot of their kids wasted their time in school, didn't learn any useful real-life skills, and are now crashing in their basement.

I realized that I didn't have a clue about how to be a good parent so I avoided the experience, to the world's eternal benefit.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The faggots I mentioned aren't homosexuals, they are attention whores and pseudo-gays.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I knew someone is going to say that...

It is more like a split in my generation, 1996 being the split line.

That might be one of the reasons.

It is not just me, it is almost every single one of my friends and everyone in my school...

15. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

They say we're cynical and suspicious of everything. What I say to that: pfff.

16. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

And Harley riders.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!