Ghostly pedestrian caught on cop's dash cam

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Sep 10, 2014.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I don't believe anyone's trying to get MR banned - it's just that, yes, you were pushing the idea that it was a ghost, and not some oblique idea that it was only "ghostly" as if we were all investigating a new adjective. Nor, moreover, would I look with approval on anyone trying such a ban on you. Just cop to the fact. That's all.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, let me describe it. It appears that the figure is disapearing behind some obstruction, right? If you look closer, it appears that the obstruction is moving in the figures direction at the moment the figure disappears behind it. It might be an illusion though.
    Oh well, whatever it is MR has some convincing to do.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Good detective work Enmos.!!!

Not for me... thanks to you'r efforts im now leanin toward it bein a ghost.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your support. Ok..it's a ghost. If it walks like a duck..Also note that the police car drives up to where he saw the figure and there's no figure there. If it was a real person, where did they go?

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No prollem, frind.!!!

:thumbsup:

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, you claim that it's a ghost. Where is your evidence?

Just one problem: how would you know how a duck walks if you've never seen a duck?

Those details could be signs of fakery...

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Your encounter at camp was most impressive. It's personal experiences like that that convince me most of all. People reporting extraordinary paranormal events that effect them so deeply. Ofcourse sharing things like that risks getting you ridiculed and mocked as I am often here. That's why it takes courage to defy the crowd and stay true to what you know.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Duh...see video.

I've seen both ducks and ghosts on video and in photos. So yes, I know what a ghost looks like.

So you're not sure it's fakery?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The video is not evidence that it shows a ghost.

How do you know it were ghosts?

No, I'm not. It could be just a person walking across the road, some sort of light play in the fog, or some other natural phenomenon.

I don't know what it is. Although, to me, it looks like a person walking across the road.
    You, on the other hand, are claiming to know that what is in the video is a ghost.
    Is there any (extraordinary) evidence forthcoming or what?

ghost
    noun
    1. the soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ghost?s=t

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

How do I know it were ghosts? Because there's no other known entity that fits the description of a humanoid apparition that is transparent or disappears.

That's becoming painfully obvious.

That disappears. Ok...

A video of an apparition is about extraordinary as it gets.

A ghost can be any nebulous apparition but not necessarily the spirit of a dead person. Some ghosts are residuals, like tapes of the past played back repeatedly. Then there's poltergeists, which are psychic manifestations of living people. Then there are reports of ghost trains, ghost cars, ghost lights, ghost animals, etc. There are even ghosts of living people called dopplegangers. So ghost can mean lots of things, but usually it just means an apparition or specter.