God and Soul in Quantum Theory.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by socratus, Aug 3, 2018.

1. river

To your last statement , disagree

It is clearer , that quantum physics is , in the end , makes god and soul make sense .

However , I have not finished the book by , Howard Bloom

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

What is it about quantum physics that makes god and soul, make sense?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RADII Registered Senior Member

No, I think St. Teresa was the Peanut Brittle.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Because all forms of life move towards their ultimate form . Evolution of the form .

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So... what you're saying is...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. river

Cartoon

10. river

What I'm saying is this ; All life forms evolve to their fullest potential as a life form .

That's the essence of evolution .

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No it isn't. And no they don't. That is kind of exactly the opposite of what it means to understand evolution.

To be succinct: evolution has no goal and no potential.

sideshowbob likes this.
  12. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Evolution is more like water forming puddles; it's opportunistic, but not in the sense of planning.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'd say it is utterly reactive. Evolutionary changes are entirely at the mercy of the environment resulting in survival for one animal and doom for another. The one that survived (perhaps because it had an advantage) passes on its genes more often; the other, not so much.

sideshowbob likes this.
  14. river

You missed my point Dave ; the essence of evolution is to evolve . To become more than the life form it was in the past ?

Disagree

Then why does the evolution of life then exist in the first place ?

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are implying that evolution is somehow intelligent.

It is not.

This was already explained to you river.

You have a group of creatures (say, 100, for the sake of simplicity) that subsist by eating leaves off of the lower branches of certain trees.
    Of this group, 50 are very similar, almost identical. 25 of them, for some reason, have longer necks. 25, for some reason, have shorter necks. Typically, this reason is a random genetic mutation.

These longer and shorter necks continue to be passed down to their offspring as they mate.

Suddenly, there is a very bad drought, and a lot of the trees shrivel, die, or are otherwise not producing leaves. On the remaining trees, the lower branches are quickly stripped away, both by these animals and by other herbivores. Food becomes scarce at the lower levels, and the short-neck animals begin to die off.

As the drought continues, most of the short-neck animals are dead, and now the 'normal' neck animals have eaten all the leaves THEY can reach, and they begin to die off.

By the time the rains come back, and the trees start to regrow, it is the long-necked variant of these creatures that have survived the best, and are slightly more populous. Additionally, many of the short and normal necked animals that were pregnant either died or miscarried because of the lack of food.

As the population regrows, there are considerably more long-necked variants, and the population has shifted, to where there are only 5 short necked, 45 normal necked, and 50 long necked.

A year or two goes by, and this weather pattern repeats. Before long, all that's left are the long-necked variety, which can reach all the leaves on the trees, not just the lower ones.

BAM, natural selection / evolution at work.

Oh, and now you have Giraffes.

Obviously the timeframes and quantity of animals were much, much larger... but this is, in essence, what happened, albeit on a much larger, much slower, and much longer lasting scale. There was also a secondary selection, in that, since giraffes use their necks while fighting over mates, those with longer, more powerful necks had the advantage and, much like colorful feathers on birds, were more desirable to females. Thus the longer-neck trait was passed along more frequently.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/were-only-human/why-do-giraffes-have-long-necks.html

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160629-giraffes-did-not-evolve-long-necks-to-reach-tall-trees

Michael 345 likes this.
  16. river

And yet evolution on its own , could not happen if there was no agent to bring forth the potential of the life form .

Hence there must be an agent which does so . Whether from microbiology or something else .

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are absolutely, 100% correct, river. There is an "agent" enacting this change.

I'll let you in on a secret - I know who this agent is!

Wanna see?

Goes by many names... Death, the Grim Reaper, Angel of Death, etc.

The mechanism by which natural selection works is pretty simple, river. Useful and/or biologically positive traits are passed on... because the animals with those traits live to pass them on. Harmful or otherwise hampering traits are slowly phased out as the animals with those traits die without getting to do the horizontal electric slide.

18. river

such as panda bears

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

socratus:

You're using the term "reference frame" incorrectly.

What is a "solo fabric"?

I thought you said you were trying to give a physical explanation.

What's spiritual about photons?

No. The material world (discounting the problem of dark matter) appears to be constructed mostly from protons, neutrons and electrons.

I hope the proof of this is coming later in your post...

You're using natural units, I take it?

Why does the point of view matter? Is your theory non-relativistic?

That's not what Einstein said.

I agree. All of the radiation types you mention here are electromagnetic radiation.

What does E=hf have to do with electrons?

That doesn't work, since the photon is massless and the antielectron is not.

Please list the possible geometric forms, and explain how you know it has those forms.

I don't see the relevant of point (e) to your argument.

What is the value of M for your Quantum of Light?

That formula appears to be dimensionally incorrect. Did you make a mistake?

Which geometrical form are you discussing now? How many axes are there? Which one are you referring to?

What is the experimental evidence for this?

Where's the evidence for any of this?

That doesn't follow logically, as far as I can tell. Did you make a mistake?

Oh dear...

Oh, poor you. Is that what caused it?

So, God is a temperature, souls are photons, there are some equations, and matter is hard to understand. Is that a fair summary of your conclusions?

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You nailed it but you should have known any way as it is all the The Good Book

The Holy Babble

Socratus just had to do the interpretation for you