Goodbye Sciforums!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Avatar, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Do member complaints ever result in demotions? It seems hoardes of members can be utterly outraged with a mod, and nothing happens, but then when one mod so much as sneezes out of time with the other mods they are immediately emphatically demoted.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Member complaints have resulted in moderator demotions in the past.

It is not unusual for members to be "outraged" over disagreements with particular moderators over issues not related to the moderator's activities as moderator. Such disagreements are not usually cause for demotion.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Right, so you have to wait for SAM to mod you improperly, not just be an overachieving genius.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I just can't remember a case is all. I used to think there was one case, gendanken, but I've since learned that was much more in line with why avatar was demoted, and "member complaints" was just the crowd pleasing excuse used.

8. Bells Staff Member

You are a god.

How can I put this.. The fight got personal and nasty. Only one other moderator had given an opinion at that point. The administrators of this site and the other moderators had not even weighed into the discussion. And when we did, the negative (ie no banning Baron for that point) was very vocal. I knew there was no 'danger' of Baron being banned as he portrayed it. So did everyone else who was privy to that discussion. So why do you think Avatar saw it differently all of a sudden?

Ewww no thanks. God knows where your feet have been.

You are free to trust whoever you want. All I am asking you is to stop and think for a few minutes. Get both sides of the story.

I'm not in damage control. Why do I need to be?

We don't need to cover up anything Lou. I know that a very little thing was blown completely out of proportion and taken to a level that was, to be frank, down right ridiculous. I know that a discussion was taken out of context in the extreme and used in a manner that was, in my opinion, completely unfair to everyone.

I also know that the information you saw was but a very small part of the whole.

As I said, you are free to trust whoever you want to trust. You are a free individual with a functioning mind. At the end of the day, you will hear and see what you want to see and hear.. no matter what.

9. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

weird, this IS avatar's byebye? Shouldn't all this other stuff be in a new thread?

10. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Just in case it should all be here....

<flings poo at lou>

11. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I hope you decide to come back at some point Avatar. Good luck.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But Baron Max was, in fact, banned!

Baron Max

13. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Not by Tiassa, and not for Tiassa's original reason for banning.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Later, and for something unrelated to anything to do with Avatar's demotion.

15. Bells Staff Member

For something completely unrelated to what was brought up by Avatar.

16. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

So says you guys. Sorry if we don't trust you, but you've given us no reason to.
    Maybe you were just waiting for the next excuse to ban baron after that one avenue was blocked with contraversy? So it's like "look he's shuffling around funnily, that's a bannable offense!" when really we all know it's about the other thing.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

And maybe polka-dotted elephants will fall from the sky like rain. Who knows? Anything is possible in the world of imagination!

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

This is one fucking long goodbye.

Let's just make clear, if OP comes back after this goodbye, we BAN his ass for a year....

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Long goodbye ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dude, he only made the thread.. all the other posts are of other members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.