Gravity

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by timojin, Jul 21, 2016.

1. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

And if you ever found the time to read a half decent mathematical or physics text, you would discover that at least one-fifth of its volume was taken up with exercises to which no answers are normally provided.

But no, you don't have the time for text books, you are too busy trawling the internet. In short, you and your buddy refuse to learn, think and explain
    Can you prove the truth or falsehood of either of these 2 statements? Can you prove they cannot both be true?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What truth? What falshood?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The onus is on you "buddy" to refute the papers and claims I have made and that one other rejects as he does all mainstream science, along apparently with yourself........
    [1] The galaxy/s move through the universe according to the laws of gravity:
    [2] BH's of course also move through the universe at incredible speeds, and are a essential part of most galaxies anyway.
    [3]Spinning [Kerr BH,s] can and do, [as per the reputable papers submitted] tend to throw some matter out via the polar regions in what we recognise as polar jets, and as a result of the magnetic fields and field lines that twist with the BH's spin.

So please Mr quarkhead, don't take this personal...you are not rejecting claims I have made: You are rejecting reputable mainstream scientific papers.

ps: And you need to understand that science in general does not deal in proof, particularly with references to scientific theories.
    That "proof" thingy, is the tool that the cranks, speudoscientists and god botherers that I talk so much about use.
    In essesnce, you need to do better.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

1. And what are those laws of gravity ?

2. This is your new lollipop. You have yet to understand how a critically curved spacetime can fall in others warp ?

3. So now you concede that a BH spin does not repel...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The God Valued Senior Member

This man DAVEC4269...is actually trolling, making irrelevant posts, having less than shallow understanding of the subject but pretending.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly my friend, you fool no one except that which is easiestly fooled...yourself.
    Let me take it through for you again one by one....
    [1] I claim nothing, I like you am a lay person although slightly more advanced.
    [2] I have submitted many reputable articles and papers that make a nonsense of all your claims, here and elsewhere for at least the past 12 months.
    [3] Our current best model of gravity is GR, which has passed all tests thrown at it.
    [4]I understand how critically curved spacetime can be "swallowed"by another warp...quite easily in fact, the problem that exists, is that which exists from your own preconceived mission to attempt to invalidate science at every opportunity, all from the comfort of your lounge chair in front of a computer, on a public science forum no less...

Sorry it does not work that way.

[4] With your infatuation and illusion that you have something with BH spin throwing out matter, I'll keep stating the facts as I have continually put them and as long as is needed.
    Spinning [Kerr BH,s] can and do, [as per the reputable papers submitted] tend to throw some matter out via the polar regions in what we recognise as polar jets, and as a result of the magnetic fields and field lines that twist with the BH's spin.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Dave like many others have you on ignore my friend, for the many obvious reasons, plus the fact that Dave like myself and other reasonable members, have not been banned from other forums, like yourself, and others that troll here certainly have.

10. The God Valued Senior Member

I have told you time and again that I have never been on any other forum.
    Repeating some false nonsense time and again makes you look like an idiot attempting to win some argument by dishonestly hitting below the belt.

And please do not put yourself in the category of reasonable members, you are not. You are a member with slavish approach towards establishment. You have no ability to think rationally and you have no guts or intellect to question the establishment. Do not advocate Davec426913 or whatever number, he can defend himself if he feels the need. He has better knowledge of English language than you.

dumbest man on earth and Q-reeus like this.
  11. The God Valued Senior Member

Thats the crux ! You cannot claim anything.
    Neither you understand the subject beyond popscience articles nor you have the acumen to think rationally.
    And please do not put me in your category, have some self respect, do not compare your limited mental power with anyone. You are what you are. I have seen this confidence lacking, self doubt approach in you and couple of other members here. You guys always need someone to support. Grow up !!

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You have told me many things my friend, and near all have proven to be pseudoscience and crank nonsense!

I don't see why this should be any different.
    We'll leave all that up to your's and my peers on this forum, shall we?

But the crux of the matter is that every claim I have made in this thread stand as totally vindicated as against your rather boring consistent anti mainstream crank nonsensical claims.
    Like I said, Dave has you on ignore for obvious reasons, as do others.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Calm down my friend, the truth does hurt, and that truth is as I have put it.
    Your usual pop science cop out does not hold any water, as most include reputable scientific papers, and that certainly trumps your unevidenced, unsupported, fabricated nonsense.

I know it eats at your craw when I need to remind you that your pseudoscience, sits in cyber space on a public forum, open to all, even such as yourself.
    I know it eats at your craw when also reminded that you need to support all your nonsensical claims with reputable links, which plainly you are unable to do for obvious reasons.
    I know it eats at your craw when Plasma Inferno and myself are continually posting scientific threads, articles and papers, supporting the concepts which you deny...concepts such as SR, GR the BB, and the theory of evolution, which is actually beyond doubt.
    I know it eats at your craw when I need to consistently remind you [and others] that if you really had anything of substance, you would not be here.
    Let me tell you something, OK? This is the science section, and science will be posted every day as long as I feel that need, and of course refutation of your own dogma will continue to be shown up for the rubbish it is.
    That's the way the cookie crumbles !

But nice sidetrack in your two nonsensical posts, since none address and of the science. Shame that.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Nice to see some science timojin, yet none of that invalidates anything so far said in this thread by myself.
    It's an example of science in progress as further and further observations are made.
    And I'm no high nose my friend, I just detest people that come to a science forum with supposed questions and no intention of ever accepting an answer, unless it supports your agenda which we all know in your case.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The above actually highlights how you purposely misconstrue and obfuscate all scientific fact put to you.
    Of course Janus did not infer the galaxy is not spinning/rotating or whatever.
    He said this.......
    "I would say that it's individual components orbit their common center of gravity. "spinning" invokes an image of something that rotates like a single piece, and the galaxy does not do that".

Which is what myself and Dave have been trying to drill into your senses since you entered into this debate.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let me clear up one point in post 165 when I said......
    "Spinning [Kerr BH,s] can and do, [as per the reputable papers submitted] tend to throw some matter out via the polar regions in what we recognise as polar jets, and as a result of the magnetic fields and field lines that twist with the BH's spin".

Any ejected matter is not ejected from the BH itself. Matter that is ejected, is ejected from the regions exterior to the BH's EH.

17. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy,

The problem with you is that you actually are not fit to discuss on these issues. You can only google and provide link, you are like a postman who is not aware of the content, but has so many deliverables.

Any primary school kid with internet connection can do that and claim that they are my reputable links like you do.

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And still our resident god bothering crank ignores the science....

Par for the course I suppose.
    Just to reiterate on the above faux pas and avoidance of the question that was at hand again....
    While certainly a galaxy can be considered as a unit, when moving through the universe [just as our own galaxy is moving towards the "Great Attractor"] it most certainly does not rotate as a unit.
    I would advise some basic learning on how and why spiral arms form to give you some idea on basic cosmology.
    The same applies to BH's of course, including SMBH's at the core of those galaxies.
    And finally and once again, despite your continual denial, a spinning BH [KERR] will likely result in any magnetic charge lines to become twisted and in doing so, fling out some matter/energy at the familiar polar jets we sometimes observe...
    Please see for more detailed effects

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.4936v3.pdf

19. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

Well, if you insist in being formal, the correct title is "Dr." But QH will do
    What? arXiv papers? They are not refereed, so hardly count as "mainstream".

Moreover you copy/paste only abstracts - these by convention encapsulate the findings that the authors claim based on their results. Without these results, the abstract is a worthless assertion.

Mathematicians also like proofs. All of a kind, I suppose?

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

In the above paper at
    http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.4936v3.pdf

from the summary it says in part,
    "Based on the known the angular velocity and toroidal magnetic field of the collimated jet, we further explore the physical properties of the jet solution, such as the jet power, energy extraction rate" "end of quote"
    Obviously not inferring anything inside the EH, but certainly the ergosphere.

Also worth noting........
    "The jet field lines are helically twisted by the black hole’s spin. It has been shown the KS criterion for screw instability may not be valid for rotating jet stability analysis and we adopt a new criterion proposed by [17]. We further study how the effects of field line rotation influence the jet stability. We find the rotation tends to stabilize the jet" "end of quote"

The mention of the BH's spin, admirably shows the stupidity of the god's obfuscation as being irrelevant, and of course the "field lines" mentioned more than once in the paper, shows the ignorance of quarkhead in refusing to understand the applicability of that phrase.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Come rattle my cage when you are a Doctor of cosmology, OK?

Abstracts and sometimes "conclusion" remarks, and they stand as a summary of the paper and the research and peer review that make it reputable.
    But still you seem confused over the aspect of a Kerr BH associated with a magnetic field and resultant twisted magnetic field field lines, catching up and ejecting matter/energy at the polar regions in the dramatic jet fashion that we observe.
    And of course they [the papers] will continue to be used when I see fit, to show the ignorance that some would like to pass off as science on public forums such as this.

Yet still the tool used by cranks, religious god botherers, and those with delusions of grandeur that we so often see on a public forum, to try and invalidate that which they are unable, with regards to scientific theories.

22. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy...

Again dishonesty in your last couple of posts. You keep abusing me, that will not take you anywhere. Some one should put a brake to your nonsense.

23. The God Valued Senior Member

Such remarks keep Paddoboy kicking.....Dishonest representation, abuses and followed by total copy pastes of irrelevant papers as collected from Google online.