Grey Lady of Dudley Castle

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are not in trouble with the forum - you are in trouble with logic and good scientific reasoning.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

ver·bal
    ˈvərbəl/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      relating to or in the form of words.
      "the root of the problem is visual rather than verbal"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Evidence that this cannot be a photo of the famous Grey Lady seen on numerous other occasions?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

He man, you never posted any ghost photos. That's just what you think (or not).

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Technically correct, the best kind of correct! However:

You are using the word Verbally as it is derived from its Latin origin, verbum, meaning "with words", as opposed to its typical (contemporary) meaning orally or with spoken words.

I do, however, concede that, technically, you are correct.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Simple - the "evidence" is too blurry and of too low a resolution to be accurately interpreted as ANYTHING of good scientific value.

It's like observing an object of massive size through a damaged/dirty looking glass and coming to the conclusion that, because you can make out the outline of some large object, it must be a dinosaur...

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The evidence against it being it ghost is that, in absence of evidence for it being a ghost, it could easily be a regular human, light play, or whatever else mundain.
    It is up to you to provide evidence that the 'figure' in the photo is indeed a ghost.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And it is up to you to provide evidence of it being what you claim it is. Otherwise, don't make a claim. I already relayed information about the sightings of the Grey Lady of the Castle. That's evidence. It's a grey lady. Imagine that!

12. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Here: "The fact that it is a grey lady dressed in an old fashioned dress, just as eyewitnesses have reported."

In other words, there is nothing about the photo itself that looks any different from a normal human. Right?

And again: If you had never heard of "The Grey Lady", you'd just say that's a normal human in the photo, right?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wrong, and wrong again...

YOU claimed this is the "Grey Lady of Dudley Castle", and thus a ghost. Now, YOU must provide evidence that this is, in fact, a ghost...
    When someone disputes your evidence, you have to back it up. You cannot simply say "neener neener you can't do that" and be about your merry way...

This is where you keep running afoul of the forum rules - you make a claim, you back it up. You make an extraordinary claim, you back it up with extraordinary evidence. A single blurry photo that is then further marred by being (poorly) enlarged is not extraordinary evidence.

14. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Since the photo appears to be of a normal human, it is evidence that it is a normal human.
    Right: the eyewitness testimony is evidence of a ghost. The photo is just evidence of a person.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, you are making the claim here. I have not made any claims. I am just asking you for your evidence and, not surprisingly, it's yet again not forthcoming.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Heed your own words...

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I already posted the anecdotal evidence of sightings of the ghost. Hence I have backed it up. Do you have evidence of it being something else?

And this is where you look for excuses to cesspool and ban because you can't handle photographic and video evidence of ghosts. Strange that you yourself even claimed to have seen one. What evidence do you have of THAT?

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

If you're not claiming it is something other than a ghost, then why should I have to prove to you it is a ghost? It's clearly a grey lady often seen around the castle. Hence it IS evidence of her existence.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

wtf!? Because you are claiming it!

Seriously... how is that clear??

No.

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Clear enough to make international headlines in numerous online magazines and newpapers. How does it feel to the oddball who can't make out the image of a grey lady?

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Answer my question, please.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I can clearly see a grey-colored humanoid blob... I can't tell if it's male, female, or transgender

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes - the fact that it could very easily be a random person in a grey-ish jacket... and that the more mundane explanation makes more sense.

I can handle evidence just fine - what you are trying to pass off as "evidence" is laughable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.