Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Prophet I'm confused slightly, are you for or against Star Wars

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Okay, the Empire BUILT the Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher and World Devastator buddy. Why use ships when you can kill'em all with superweapons, get some tactical sense! Use the best weapons possible!! There are other ship yards like I said Rendili StarDrive, and Rothana Heavy Engineering are the other two biggies. The Empires own shipyards can built more star destroyers. I mentioned CIS's productive capability, which is minuscule compared to the Empire. Man Calamari was in Imperial hands in later time lines. After all the ISD and other Star Destroyers are NOT the only ships in the fleet.KDY takes 6 months to build and ISD, and a thousand ISD per year, they also build other ships, that also doesn't mean the other shipyards in the galaxy are lacking off too. Also you say using superweapons are a sign of weakness, its called using your resources and limiting casualties to almost zero. If you have a shotgun and uses your fist instead that's called stupid ( its a comparison ).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

"I" am on the GE side in the long run when it comes to the Covenant. My little brother who was using my name from another site here and doing the general chaos he likes to cause for me was the one on the Halo side in the long run of a war between the two powers.

OP says this is a few months before the so those weapons have not been built yet. Unless you have proof the Empire working on said weapons during that time they only have the Empire (The Sun Crusher I believe was being worked on but the Maw Base was cut off from the GE for years after Yavin as I recall from the book). And why use ships? Why didn't they just swarm the rebels with nothing but Supe Star Destroyers at Endor then instead of just one and 40 ISDs? Why build anything but Star Destroyers or Mon Cal cruisers? Resources. Each ship also has a role in combat and gives the enemy another target to shot at. Super weapons are not the end all. And given the fact in a few months the DS1 gets blown up this will be ship to ship combat.

1. Yes, I know they have many other shipyards, I was just commenting that it is true that the shipyards above Kuat take 6 months to build Star Destroyers.

2. It can't be that much smaller as I recall they built a large part of the first Death Star with out the Republic finding it.

3. Mon Cal is not in Imperial control in the timeline given in the OP.

4. No, using mainly super weapons to win your battles is silly because for one you can have more Star Destroyers spread out defending dozens of systems vs a Death Star or other super weapon that can only be in so many. But the galaxy gun on the ohter hand is a super weapon I could see easily being used. Also, bad analogy, something better would be along the lines of "Why bother with normal warfare when we just nuke everyone else in a war?"
    Nuking every one else is bad because you are lossing resources and only making the enemy fight harder since now they have nothing more to loss.

Any ways, the Irkens show up and conquer both sides.

UNIVERSAL CONQUEST IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

The Kwa used "Infinity Gates" as instantaneous travel or to destroy planets/star systems. They owned the SW galaxy for hundreds of thousands of years. They are also telepathic.

Now the Celestials. They owned the galaxy 1 million years before the SW movies occurred, and they built the "Center Point Station" for moving planets and stars like bowling balls, they also created the Maw, or a large series of black holes clustered together.

There is also one race that owned several galaxies, but I don't know their name. These would certainly beat the Forerunners.

8. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Citation needed on how much of the SW galaxy they control given how few planets had the Gates. Also citation on being telepathic.

Ahem, Forerunner stuff entire Dyson Spheres into Slipspace where nothing in normal space can harm them and then blow them up with the Halo Array.

Any feats to mention? Might be able to find them by looking those up. I agree that most likely beings that control several galaxies could most likely take out the Forerunner, but without knowing their abilites ther is not much to really say other then they could possibly out build the Forerunner.

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Oh sorry, I never read the OP my bad.I never said the weaker ships didn't have a role, "Use the ordinary to engage and the extraordinary to win,"-Art of War. Superweapons and Super Star Destroyers will end the fight. Anyways, by Battle of Yavin do you mean the battle that destroyed the first Death Star or the bombardment?

10. ricrery Banned Banned

11. desi Valued Senior Member

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Star Wars can't be beat because the Force pwns everything else.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

In theory, a group of force users can smash planets together, since mass doesn't make a difference in the force.

13. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

I just love to say it, but dude even with the Halos I don't see a single way Star Wars can lose to Halo, if you want to debate about this, compare the armies from both sides I'll be happy to oblige.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Republic Commandos and ARC troopers ftw!

15. Didact Registered Senior Member

Do you really have anything to counter the forerunners?

This is how the battle goes

In short:

Send the rings through slipspace into the star wars galaxy,result:All sentient life are dead.

How do you counter that?

16. ricrery Banned Banned

I told you, Kwa destroys them with Infinity Gates and Celestials set them to fly into the Maw. Foolish Halo fans always suggest the Rings would win everything, okay so Necrons vs Forerunners.

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Delta Squad would massacre Masterchief!

18. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

1. How many Infinity Gates did they have? IIRC because they can only use them once before they destroy the planet they are on. They would also still have to find the rings before they are set off - impossible within the time span of only several minutes it takes for one to charge and fire the pulse.

2. They would have to first find the rings which would be nearly impossible given the Forerunner can hide them anywhere in the galaxy plus the time limit.

Already decided at Spacebattles! They stuff them in a tiny room somehow, somewhere in a Halo!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Then they get taken out by Chaos after mailing a ring to the Eye.

19. ricrery Banned Banned

Actually, SW has shields that could block the Halo effects, and they cover everything from ships to planets so SW wins again. Who is they? Because in "Mechanicum" it was stated the Void Dragon was worshiped in 1,000 galaxies. The Forerunners and Precursors are both fuck!d.

20. ricrery Banned Banned

I saw, and the fanboyism is laughable, considering Necrons AND Chaos can't be killed by the Rings, neither can shielded ships, and etc. The Necrons are more advanced and dangerous than the Forerunners. The shitty Flood kicked their incompetent asses across the galaxy, imagine what competent races can do to them?

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Delta Squad and Omega Squad is awesome, Sev and Fi can take down Master Chief with their awesome sniping skills. Their training is so intense that the clones disappear and never seen again if they have less than a 95% sniping score, when they say realistic simulations they mean it!! I can't believe their didn't tell Yoda to screw off and save Sev...Well Vau is looking for Sev with his excuse of studying trees. I thought Vau and Kal is like good cop, bad cop, but it turns out its not that way, its just they way the care for their clones is different, because the way they grew up was different. Captain Ordo can take Master Chief 1 on 1 easily.

22. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Proof? The Forerunners had shields to, but that didn't save anything in the blast area of the rings from being killed unless it was in Slipspace.

The Forerunners were facing just one galaxy in that debate. They stuffed all the Necrons in that galaxy into a tiny room somehow, somewhere in a Halo and than chaos ate the Forerunner.

Also, saying the Precursors would also be doomed is stupid given we don't know anything about beyond more advance then the Forerunner and the Forerunner looked at them as gods. I could just as easily without proof claim the Precursors could beat them. But I don't have anything to base that on and you also don't and therefore the Precursors or Necrons could at this time not claim victory over the other.

You sure you read the right thread at Spacebattles? No one claimed the rings would work on either of them (will on Chaos they did but only outside the Eye and Warp) and the Forerunners beat them all because of vast resources, better FTL than most of the galaxy plus better weapons. And where the f' do you keep getting this shielded ships can't be killed by the rings? If it was that simple to stop a Halo Array blast tje Forerunners would never have built it that way.

Also, thank for being an idiot on the Flood-Forerunner War because 1. We know nearly nothing about it and the forms the Flood took during that time with the biomass of hundreds of thousands up to a million worlds. 2. The Forerunners consider anything below blowing up stars half measures and only held back from doing it because they wanted to save as many races as possible. The Forerunner razed worlds to the ground and did everything else they could short of their most deadly weapons to stop the Flood. It does not prove they are incompetent unless you are suggesting they should have used the Halos in a highly populated galaxy as soon as the Flood showed up? I mean hell, why should the Flood be seen as a galactic scale threat until it has spread to at least several dozen planets? Because no one would see the Flood before it had spread to far to be stopped as a threat to the galaxy. But if you are able to keep the Flood from spreading during the start of an invasion than there is a chance to stop it. But once the Flood has spread it is almost impossible to stop without using heavy star destroying weapons from the start.

Also: Proof of the shields blocking the Halo effect because I call complete BS on it.

23. ricrery Banned Banned

Why, many races were inside tubes with possible energy around them, so, shields > tubes. And prove any Forerunners were shielded or even in ships, no, they were hiding on their planets.

If anything Necrons would effortlessly throw around the Forerunners with weapons that trap and destroy stars, ships that destroy fleets (much like your Dreadnought, but these ships fire thousands to millions of stronger weapons), and soldiers that regenerate from puddles. WIN WIN for the Crons, I doubt they can effectively destroy one Necron let alone all of them. Chaos f!cks them even if they aren't corrupt enough because they can't stop them!

Forerunners having more resources than the Necrons? Fool, Necrons crossed the galaxies rim (Mechanicum and Void Dragon come in mind) and conquered those galaxies. I bet they didn't even have resources outside the Orion's Arm. Besides, Nid's ain't sentient my friend, and they outnumber the Flood!

No, they ignored them like idiots until they formed a Gravemind and started attacking them, and their level 12 armor was not effective at all. Necrons are so powerful plasma is the best weapon, but it's still not going to save them because they can regenerate from puddles. Necrons destroy stars casually as in "Hellforged" by "Ben Counter" where one star is killed relatively easily. *Hint* maybe they should have not let the Flood gain interstellar travel *Hint*. The Forerunners are idiots and no match for the C'Tan masterminds.

Because there is zero proof they were in their ships, in colonies like the one in Halo 3, but not in ships.

Also: Proof of the shields blocking the Halo effect because I call complete BS on it. [/quote]