Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

:m::bugeye:Right, and I'm sure your not talking about those tubes that appear in Origin that appear to clone creatures that were taken back to their worlds AFTER the Halo Effect had wiped out everything above infection form level in the galaxy? As for the Forerunner ships they had a fleet of 11,000 ships holding the line agains the Flood back just before the Halo Effect hit

And that's not going to chance the fact that if it was that easy to block Halo pulses why would the Gravemind not just hide behind the shields on any old ship he controls since he knew about the rings from MB? Really, Halo canon makes it clear that the only thing that can save you from the Halo Effect is being beyond the range of the Array or hidden in Slipspace. Hell, the tubes/pods you mention may be the same ones in GoO and it was clearly stated that the Spartans inside were incased in a Slipspace field.

Forerunner battle groups caused super nova with their ENGINES.

Proof? The Forerunner use Slipspace as a weapon that breaks the local laws of physics and can rip any class of ship to shreds and allows Dreadnoughts to be thrown around like fighters in combat.

:m:Your kiding, right? The Necrons die to low multi-Gigajoule to maybe low Terajoule weapons at best. A dozen Onyx Drones can firea MT range energy beam. The Forerunners built trillions of them that made up an entire planet.

Read what I said and you will note I was refering to them fighting in a single galaxy one of one without outside help. I can agree on them beating the Forerunner if they bring in outside help from other galaxies.

Also, lets say the Forerunner are limited to the Orion Arm because that means I could than claim the Covenant could have up to a million worlds because that is how many fell to the Flood. I prefer the more accept they ruled the entire galaxy because for one it doesn't spit in the face of canon FTL speeds.

Proof that the Flood had formed a Gravemind before attacking? Canon is very clear that when the Forerunner encountered the Flood that the scout group that found them was overrun and from there the Flood went to the nearest world and grabbed enough ships to get by the naval ships in orbit.

From there it all went down hill.

And the Forerunner have MT level firepower on the ground via Onyx Drones. Could you give a more info on how they destroyed this star so it can be compared to some extent to the Forerunner?

Hard to do that when the first group to encounter the Flood has a starship and infects the crew and then crashs into the nearest world and infects it.

The fact is the Flood crashed into the planet after taking out the scout group and the Forerunner tried to contain them without having to blow their own people up. The Flood captured enough transports that the Forerunner ships in orbit could not stop them.

No, that would be you that is still acting like the idiot. The fact is the Flood took the Forerunner completely by surprise and by the time they realized the scale of the threat the Flood had spread to far to stop.

See the H3 Terminals in which it mentions a massive battle between the Forerunner and Flood fleets hours before the Halo Effect was set off and you’ll notice the odd fact that every creature with enough biomass was killed by the pulse. Every ship, nothing but infection forms survived.

I mean really, if it was so easy to block the Halo blast then why bother with anything like being 250,000 LY from the galaxy or hiding in Slipspace when their shields should have protected them?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

Was the Dreadnought shielded? I don't remember, and if it wasn't, I doubt 11,000 ships of similar design would be either.

Did he have any ship with shields? I don't know. Besides, it's irrelevant because for all we know Warp shields (not Necrons right now) could send them into the Warp and get away with it. Slipspace field? I don't think they can survive in slipspace unprotected.

WANK! The best they can do is an interstellar collapse to cause a Base Delta Zero, not supernova levels. Did I mention Necron ships can phase as easily as their troops? And only the Culture can do that with their engines by braking too hard close to a solar system. Unless you're going to compare Forerunner ships to Culture ships...

Lol? Necrons regenerate to bolt shots to the limbs and get back up in short time. a lightning strike is 610 gigajoules and a plasma gun is >>>>>> any lightning strike. Not to mention being puddles doesn't stop them less of course the Necron Lord controlling them dies.

Still, they have planet busters in the hands of harvesters, and solar system busters and something similar to the Star Wars "Starforge" covering many stars. No loss in resources there.

Yeah, like you assumed Forerunners have better resources than Necrons? So, if Necrons and Forerunners both go at a similar speed, why are the Forerunners more advanced and industrially superior? Answer that for me.

No, they refused to stop the Flood until it had a Gravemind, not when they encountered each other. Even then, their armor and ships couldn't combat Flood Forms, which is sad because Necrons combat Power Fists and even get back up. Necron Warrior >>>>> Standard Forerunner Soldier. Not only that, they come back from puddles.

Opposed to Nids consuming entire systems in a few weeks and proceeding, no need to gain interstellar travel from infecting pilots.

The same Flood that can't drive for sh!t? They crash CONSTANTLY, I don't want to find out how their skill in ship-to-ship combat is. The Necrons would screw them over in space.

It was more like this:
    Forerunners: They'll stop...
    Flood: NOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOM ASSIMILATE NOMOMOMOMOMOM
    Forerunners: They're just parasites!
    Flood: WE HAVE ARE ONE NOW - Gravemind
    Forerunners: Maybe we should do something, but let's not try that hard...
    Flood: WE HAVE YOUR MEN, AND THEIR ARMOR CAN'T DEFEND FOR SHIT!
    Forerunners: We have to stop them, but how?
    Flood: *Continue to conquer planets*
    *Few centuries later*
    Forerunners: Dammit, we have no choice, except to hide and detonate these Rings...
    Gravemind: *Hides on Delta Halo*, "They'll never find me in hibernation!"
    Forerunners: FIRE!
    Gravemind: "How do I leave this Ring? ... HELP!"
    *Many millennium later*
    Master Chief: "Relax, I'd rather not piss this thing off"

Proof they have shields?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

We have never seen the Keyship or a Dreadnought attacked with its shields up, but given as the Covenant have shields on their ships and everything they have is watered down Forerunner tech... do I really need to say anything more?

The Covenant has shields on everyone of their ships, the Covenant get all their tech from the Forerunner. The Forerunners have shields on their ships.

Hm, I haven't heard of these Warp shields before, how do they work? Anything like Void Shields?

On the Slipspace fields in GoO Spartan III's in armor (S-III's have no shields it should be noted) were found inside them and alive, but they could not get them out. The Forerunner are just damn advance when it comes to Slipspace.

No, using their normal beam weapons they can BDZ planets with no effort, with a battle group using Slipspace engines they can cause the system star to go super nova which is easily enough to mass scatter every planet in the system.

I recall reading about this sometine ago, but I forget how it works. If I remember correctly it just makes them a lot harder to kill, correct?

I thought it was a Culture ship breaks to hard and they destroy planets, not cause super nova?

On Forerunner vs Culture: Single Culture ship/Mind: 'What? Did I just run over a small bug thingy?"

Small bug thingy was the Forerunner. When you think about the Forerunner, ask what the Culture can do, and the Forerunner most likely have a version this many OoM below: Culture tech>>>>>>>>>>Forerunner knock off tech.

I was going off a calc I saw for a Melta gun which put in the Gigajoule-Terajoule range for that. Also, link to standard lighting bolt being 610 Gigajoules? That is almost a kiloton unless I am mistaken.

They have starforge type stations? What are they called? I'll have to read up on them since I've never heard of these in what I have read.

In a one on one in a single galaxy fight with what I know of the Necrons the Forerunner should have an edge in industry given their feats.

1. Necron FTL is far faster than Forerunner since a Necron ship can go from ond side of a galaxy to the next in the blink of an eye. High end Forerunner Keyship speed is doing 25,000 Light Years in five days.

2. The only place I believe the Forerunners are more advance in with what I know are weapons tech (Slipspace engines that is, everything else is at best only on par with Necron weapons) and industry simply from the fact they built so many damn rings and planets even during the end of the War with the Flood.

Incorrect, the Forerunner tried to contain the Flood without having to level their own planets at the time because they did not yet realize how great a threat the Flood was.

The only reason the Forerunner were taken out was because the Flood had gain so many bodies to throw at them plus had captured Forerunner tech.
    The fact is we don't even now how tough higher end Flood forms were during the war so we can not tell how powerful their armor was yet.

The Flood overrun an entire planet of 220 billion in less then a day. Once the Flood has infected a single pilot all it needs is the ships because every Flood form would know then.

Halo 2: Crashed on purpose since the only point was two spread the infection.

Halo 3 1#: Crashed into surface on purpose.

Halo 3 2#: Most likely High Charity did not have enough time to slow down before impact against the Ark.

No, more like this:

Forerunners: Move ships into orbit and do not allow any thing to pass will ground forces contain it long enough to get the population off world before destroying the surface. *Forerunner overran on the ground and too many ships for the Forerunner to stop before they jump to Slipspace*

Forerunner: More ships and begin bombing infected regions on the planets as soon as local population is out of the way.
    Flood: Haha! We already left and have a Gravemind now!

Forerunners: Start bombing the planets the moment the Flood are detected. Hold back on the super nova for now and start evacing the populations of other worlds to shield worlds.
    Flood: You can not stop us! Everything that is yours belongs to the Flood now!

Forerunners: Begin per-mature stellar collapse the moment Flood infection has a foothold on the planet(s).
    Flood: Ha! We devour your worlds far to fast for your ships to destroy the system before we escape!

*300 years since start of the war*
    Forerunners: There is nothing left we can do, we have done everything in our power short of the Array to stop the Infection. We must fire the rings.
    Gravemind: AI of my enemy that has joined me! Take me to the portal so we may escape the blast from the rings.
    Forerunner: Commence Primary Firing Sequence!*Halo Effect pulse wipes out the Gravemind and all Flood forms above infection level*

*Many milliennum later but several hunderd years before Halo 2*
    New Gravemind: And now the Flood begins to rise again thanks to the foolish race that did not heed the AI of this ring. Now I bid my time for when the starships arrive again.
    *Several hundred years later*
    Master Chief: "Relax, I'd rather not piss this thing off."

The fact that their ground forces had them? The fact that the Covenant use nothing but watered down Forerunner tech? The Forerunner had shields and used them and canon has made it very clear that only being beyond the range of the pulse or in Slipspace can save your from the effects of the ring.
    Hell, the Covenant could have safely set back on High Charity since they would most likely have shields powerful enough to repel a planet impacting (This is a guess based off the fact a 30 kilometer Covenant station in First Strike was stated to have shields that could repel a small moon hitting).

The fact is Halo canon is very clear on this matter: Shields do not protect you from a Halo pulse.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

I was referring to space Void Shields which possibly open holes into the Warp.

1. Necron FTL is far faster than Forerunner since a Necron ship can go from ond side of a galaxy to the next in the blink of an eye. High end Forerunner Keyship speed is doing 25,000 Light Years in five days.[/quote]

There are special portals though. *Hint* Ark.

Necrons created many things too.

These are Starforge type stations

8. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Ah, I see. I've just never heard them called Warp Shields before is all.

I'm not talking about the portal here, I'm talking about the twenty five thousand light year jump that the Keyship made when it left High Charity.

True. But the impressive thing about the Forerunners is they did all this when their industry was a shadow of what it had been at the start of the war. They built the Ark, 7 Halo rings, most likely 7 true Shield Worlds plus the Dyson Spheres in Slipspace at the center and an unknown number of the Prototype Shield World/Shipyard seen in Halo Wars. All these things are impressive. The most impressive though is the Ark, the 7 rings and possibly 7 Shield Worlds + Dyson Spheres to go with 7 rings. All at the end of the war without the Flood finding out. Forerunner industry is impressive.

These are Starforge type stations[/QUOTE]

Interesting, Energy-Matter Conversion like the Irkens use, but not as good. *Takes notes*

Anyways, I see the use of the Halo rings as a last resort that would only be used if the enemy was trying to completely wipe the Forerunners out.

No fun in the debate after all if all you have to do is mail the enemy a giant ring.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Didact Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:Nothing can block the halo effect you moron,the only way to survive that is to hide in slipspace or out of range.

How?Slipsace protects you from everyhing in the normal universe,ships in slipsace can go through starts,black holes,other ships,....
    That's something hyperspace can't.The halo effect is capable of going through starts,planets,in short everything.Even a death star shield can't protect you

There are 2 ways to survive it,go out of range or hide in anohter dimension.That's something star wars can't as you can't use hyperspace to reach another galaxy.

there is only infinity gate.

Some known info about the precursor:
    -intergalactic species,they travel between galaxies
    -more advanced then forerunners
    -They are trans sentient being and not sentient

Trans sentient>>>>>>>>sentient

The forerunners have a larger industrial capacity:

They built lots of powerful installations in the last years of the war in secret:
    -7 halo rings,each 10000 kilometer
    -installation 00,size :127,530km
    -Unknown numbers of halo wars shield worlds
    -Unknown numbers of artificial planets and stars
    -Unknown numbers of micro dyson spheres(each sphere is 300 million km)

You see,now it would be ridiculous to say that the star wars galaxy industrial capacity is more superior.They built a battle station of 160 km in 19 years, the forerunners can built a ring in a few months.

And don't jump in conlusions about how the forerunners battled the floood in the war,so don't call them morons.

If you want to invade the halo galaxy then you need lots of things:
    -a star map is very important,if you have the worng coordinates for hyperspace then you are doomed.Remember hyperspace can't protect you against black holes or planets and slipspace can.
    -You can't use hyperspace to reach other galaxies,the disturbance at the edge of the galaxy prevents it.

10. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Sigh Prophet, two things: Star Wars technology is so far ahead of Halo and Forerunner tech ut is not even funny. Must I say more?

11. Didact Registered Senior Member

Yes,why is it more advanced?

12. Didact Registered Senior Member

Hey,rhyusi you are from factpile aren't you.We once fought there

13. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Who were you on Factpile? And do I really need to list how far ahead Star Wars is of all of Halo?

14. Didact Registered Senior Member

Didact on factpile,halo vs star wars

15. Didact Registered Senior Member

And to your other question,yes

16. ricrery Banned Banned

Considering Necrons are IMMUNE to the effect, they wouldn't give a shit, but they would because they want to harvest life, so they'd phase some ships in WAAAY more powerful than the Pillar of Autumn and make it go BOOM BYE BYE!

17. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Dude, Star Wars has had this tech for millenias, and millenias, and they have smartly refrained from building super weapons which can destroy sentinel life within 25,000 lightyears, its simple idiocracy to build weapons for that, even if it is to defend against a life form which kills characters and takes their body. The Forerunners failed at containing the Flood, and I have simple beliefs to prove that a single SW army could contain them if necessary.

18. ricrery Banned Banned

Yes they could.

19. Didact Registered Senior Member

The flood almost infected the entire galaxy,they need a superweapon to kill them all.That's isn't stupity.Look what if the flood have infected 9/10 of the star wars galaxy,would they start bombarding their won planets with superweapons and fleets?If they do then they would destroy their own cities and recourses.That's why the forerunners built the rings to kill the flood without damaging their won planets.Got it?

And you haven't proved how their technology is better you only said they had the tech for millenias,that doesn't proof how better it is.

We will have to wait till the forerunner books come,don't jump to conclusions.Origins gave us a taste of the flood,really?What star wars army would survive flood forms the size of entire spaceships on ground?The droids?No the flood infector form would fire it's spores and i could infect vehicles with that,so droids as well.
    Sentient species?That would be suicide as the flood have never lost on ground.

The flood have an unlimited recourses on ground,read the terminals.

20. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Sigh, this is so simple one army defeats the Flood, and please do not make a feeble attempt at countering them by comparing them with the Sentinels, the simple CIS droid army could annihilate them, easy as one...two....three.
    Simple enough for you?

21. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Oh and one last thing: The Flood are only capable of infecting sentient beings (beings that consist of life) droids have none of this. They have superior armor to the Sentinels and superior weaponry, whether you want to admit it or not.

22. ricrery Banned Banned

Add in the World Devastators, and they'll take all the resources of the planet and bombard it then. Poor Flood, they're fucked. Fanboys like Didact don't understand this. Oh, and Necrons kick Flood ass on ground tear them a new asshole in space.

23. Didact Registered Senior Member

You couldn't even proof the tech of star wars being superior to halo,you fell into silence.

Why not making real arguments,you only said "an army defeats the flood"but you haven't said how.That's a sign of lack of info to counter the flood i suppose.

And you said again,"don't try to compare" them without an argument.

I really want to know ,how do you jump to your conclusions with a lack of information,you based your info on gameplay like you did on factpile.

Droids are said to have a weakness for plasma weapons as seen that the clone trooper plasma weapon was very effective against them.

There are lots fo sentinels and droids,the most impressive of them are the sentinels.Why,Look at their firepower.

12 onyx sentinels are said to have weapons rated in megaton.

Look at how strong they are:

They can go in slipspace:

p282

"Above the north pole three new octaheradral formations of alien ships materialized in the glow of the slipstream exit field
    They can jump?Voro whispered."

Onyx sentinels are seen absorbing plasma weapons and using it back against the covenant ship.Note

lasma torpedo power is rated in gigaton

p298:

Lateral lines heated and plasma barrages arced toward the approaching alien formations.Fire drained upon the leading eight sided construction and an energy shield coalesced that looked like gold-dapped water.The plasma hesitaded there as if caught in a magnetic field.It heated to yellow,white-hot,and tinged blue and ultraviolet.The plasma melted throug the shield,and then passed harmlessly inside the formation.
    "Plasma capture"?Waters whispered in awe."That's a hell of a trick."

Later in the battle,the sentinels fired the torpedos back.You see what tiny sentinels of 3 meters could do?I never saw droids doing that,did you,if you have then show me instead of saying"don't ry to compare them"like you always say.

Could a droid run as fast as this:
    p261:

"the diving sentinels accelerated to 200 kilometers an hour.

And intellegent
    p251

"The combined sentinel wasn't his biggest worry,though.It was the one on overwatch.The sentinels
    patrolled in threes now:two at mid ground level,and another two to three thousand meters in the air
    watching everything,reporting their tactics,and learning"

p251:

"It seemed all their engagements with the sentinels were doing was teaching them how
    to be more effective in combat.

So,what's you next argument?"oh shut up the droids are smarter"and denying canon sources?
    Now it's you turn,and spare me your stupid conclusions without a research,give me some quotes or other things.Try.

More about the sentinels:

A massive sentinel is seen creating an explosion seen from orbit,i estimate it being teraton or higher.

You didn't read the art of halo 3 didn't you?If not ,then please don't jump to conclusions.
    The flood infector form is a flood form firing flood spores,those spores would link with something mechanical like a vehicles or droid,then the gravemind will control it.So yes that flood is capable of infecting your droids,remember flood super cell infects rorbots like mendicant bias.

Superior armor?No,seen dying by a few blaster bolts at the most.Except the heavy droid vehicles.Sentinels seen surviving plasma torpedos.

Superior firepower?12 onyx sentinels-megaton,trillioçns of sentinels-death star firepower
    Large sentinel-teraton or higher....and droids....small firearms ,vehicle power but no firepower to destroy spaceship or planet in a single shot.

So,the world devastor is gonna destroy their own planet,would they destroy coriscant or anohter planet.No,those planets are to important,if you lose your planet then you loses everything.

And you guys haven't countered the halo rings yet

And ,hyperspace can't be used outside the galaxy,slipspace can.

Your turn...and good luck cause you will need it.