Handing Out Evidence for God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

How many people do you think were crucified with a crown of thorns, as depicted both on the Shroud and described in the written historical accounts?

The crown of thorns, was used uniquely to mock only one man that I have ever heard of, Jesus. It was used to mock His claim, that He was the King of the Jews.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

If you have no choice other than to murder that person, then you have no free will. You cannot choose a different path.
    Yes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I only have so much time to do this. If you are bored, you do not have to stay and put up with my ignorant posts. I am not keeping you here.

I have to work for a living.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

We all have other things to do but this is a discussion forum and you're not discussing. We have enough information to discuss. You don't need to post more. Use your precious time to discuss what you've already presented.

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I did have a choice, right before you jumped through time and landed in the room.

If you time jumped 10 minutes before you did, I would have been in the process of making that choice. Choice would not have been affected at all by your foreknowledge.

I am glad you have a freewill!

9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Ok, Do what you want to.

Love your Snoopy Avatar!!!

10. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks, I will try. I do owe you guys one more video with Ray Rogers, but no one may care anyway.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, you didn't. I knew with 100% certainty you would do it. No other outcome was possible.
    Doesn't matter what you thought about your choice. In reality, you could only make one choice, no matter what illusions you had about your free will.

12. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I don't look at your videos. I do my own googling.

So, IF the Shroud was genuine - and it seems pretty likely that it isn't - but IF it was, do you have anything to actually link it to Jesus? The "crown of thorns" thing is pretty weak.

And even IF it could be linked to Jesus, by what stretch of the imagination would that suggest anything about resurrection?

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

You looked ahead through time and found the decision I made. And yes you knew with 100% certainty, that was the choice I made. I made the choice and you saw it before it happened.

We may never agree on this one.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

So you could not have made any other choice. Which means you are really no different from that computer; your decisions are known ahead of time. The only difference is that you have the illusion of free choice, because your knowledge of the future is more limited.

15. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Ok, no problem!

The idea is that the negative image which contains 3d information was the result of the resurrection event.

You are free to dismiss this on any basis you wish to.

Who else was crucified with a crown of thorns?

16. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

No, not at all.

Everything that actually transpired leading up to the event you saw, in space time, actually occurred.

My choice was real at the time it was made. You saw the result of that free choice, after the free decision was made.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You said you had evidence. That's just a speculation.
    Again, you can't just speculate that it "must be" Jesus just because one detail fits. That's grasping at straws. It isn't much of a basis for your conclusion.

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

That is only one piece of evidence that points to Jesus. Waiting for an answer?

If I gave you ten pieces of evidence that all point to Jesus, would you accept them?

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Each piece of evidence will be judged on its own merits. Did you start with your best one? Let's hear the rest.

20. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

What is your answer to the first question? Who else was crucified with a crown of thorns on his head?

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well apparently, all we need to do is some DNA testing, and we'll find out who has a gene for a crown of thorns...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

We don't know for sure that anybody was ever crucified with a crown of thorns, do we? All we have is the stories in the Bible - and they also say that Jesus was resurrected. We can't very well use the Bible to confirm itself, can we? This thread is about external evidence, so roll it out.

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What Jan calls "just so" stories.