Have you existed before?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by birch, Aug 10, 2017.

1. spidergoat Valued Senior Member

The miraculous thing was the algea. From that point to humans is just an elaboration.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river Valued Senior Member

Miraculous ? A hint of the Universe source of existence .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat Valued Senior Member

I don't know what you mean. Perhaps I used a poor choice of words. It's not a miracle. But it is amazing. I don't think the universe is here for us. I think we are the indifferent product of chemistry.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Counter Registered Senior Member

...if I had, my life would be different because of the other people I experience during my life. If my life were the same, wouldn't the people I experience in this life also be the same as those experienced during my previous life...?

8. river Valued Senior Member

Through regression , by hyposis , to past lives ,apparantly , you , your soul , can change for the better , stay the same , or grow . You make the choice of the life you want to experience .

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This is true regardless of any past lives or regression.

10. sweetpea Registered Senior Member

I was once known as ''Nimbus'' on this site, does that count as a past life?

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

SOCCCKK PUUUUUPPEEEET!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Xmo1 Registered Senior Member

Here's something not so metaphysical that follows the same idea as; Have you existed before? (past lives)
    Are you a multi-dimensional being?
    People sense us. Us meaning you OR I or any one of us. They interact with us. They have a 'rich' experience from five senses, the data of which all goes to their brains. Included with that is a history of the times they have interacted with us. Taken together this is a robust image. Never-the-less, it is an image, and not the real thing. They have the image over there, and I am here. Not the same thing.

However, what they have of you or me is knowledge/information. That knowledge is real is it not? It has potential in itself, and they can use it.
    So while there is only one me, there are many images of me, but only partial images. They are not a true reflection of me. Information derived from a life lived in the past has the same nature. It has potential. It is partial. It only exists temporarily, and then it is gone. Can people access that information? Yes. We do it every day when we read about someone who lived in the past. We can empathize, and even internalize (meld with) the information.

Here's something that happens to me every day: People act as if they know me, when what they really know is themselves to a much greater extent. They may have many beliefs that are common to the society - a shared information base. They expect me to act according to their expectations. I on the other hand, see myself as unique from all others. I am, and they are. Even the societal beliefs, although commonly held may not, and most times do not reflect absolute truth. The relative truths (beliefs) held by a group may arrive from completely invalid or even non-existent examination. So I view the information each of them have about me as 'another dimension of myself, that is incomplete, flawed, and temporary.'

These dimensions are real, because they have potential. It somewhat irks me when people don't recognize or realize that the information they have of me is both partial and temporary. It is a Very incomplete image, and most importantly it is not me. There is a potential relative to me involved with those images, because people have a tendency to act on/do what is in their own best interests. In that case, my information becomes a tool or a resource for them, and they can use it or me (because I am tied to that information) in their agenda that may have little to do with my best interests.

Have I lived a past life? Probably not. A more important question might be: Are we multi-dimensional beings? That depends on your evaluation of the terms related to the actual (living, breathing) person. I see myself as a singular organism that has a multi-faceted informational existence. The information apart from my organism I see as multi-dimensional. It has as many vectors as the number of people who interact with me, or know of me by other means.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

If you look back far enough I had existed continuously for all eternity without death and rebirth for heaven, nirvana, and the wish to be.

14. Bowser Life is Fatal. Valued Senior Member

The only time I've experienced other lives is in my dreams. It's a curiosity. Nonetheless, I prefer to view this one as my first and last, just to be safe.

15. Counter Registered Senior Member

I know not.

16. Counter Registered Senior Member

I am however entitled to a religion because I've been told to pray etc. but I only use it against those who have forced me to pray, and kiss feet etc. ☺ I may be summoned in the future though with the following:

(((?+1)÷(0+1))-1)=?

Which will summon ? from nothing. Perhaps I wrote that (set in stone (even if erased etc. still has existed)) in a previous life and that is why I'm here now, but I do not know. If I return to heaven I may write to summon myself, or simply wait to be summoned by those in need. ☺

17. Counter Registered Senior Member

Scrap that please. It's a bad idea.