Have you used a gun?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by S.A.M., Jun 30, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How many of you have actually used a gun?

Under what circumstances?

I've never used one. I've seen one while I was working with the army and that was because the guy was cleaning it, not using it.

Apart from that soldier, I don't know anyone who owns a gun.

I've never been shot at either, although I twice was in situations [once riots in Mumbai, where cops had guns, second, a deranged guy in Saudi Arabia] when I was around people who were shooting.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I have. It was my father's and he wanted me to know how to use a gun, just in case I ever had to, but he doesn't think anyone besides safety and military personnel should be allowed to possess one. I hate guns, personally.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A bird was attacking my friend's cat, so I shot it with his BB gun (he couldn't do it himself).

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I have been hunting many times, and own 2 guns.

8. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I once shot a feral cat with a BB gun since I was afraid of it attacking my dog (or vice-verse)

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I grew up around guns. Everyone in my family hunts, even my sister and mom. I've never even held a gun, let alone shot one. We have no guns in the house.

10. Sputnik Banned Banned

Ohh dear ... SAM went 40k+ .......

Yes, for 45 days and nights the army drilled me .. I learned to take a gun apart and put it together .... and hit the small target 20 out of 20 times up to 200 meters distance ..... didn´t do so well on 400 meters ....... after that ( it was a summerholiday from my university ) they offered me a position as a secondlieutenant ..... but I decided to become a conscentious refuser/objecter for reasons of humanity (non-religious reasons) - the army accepted it due to my profession ........ had to do other (but relevant work ) for 11½ month in stead .....

In 1999 I was shot at ..... on one of my numerous travels .... not even in a war zone .... not nice .... not nice ......

I don´t have a gun ...... never owned one ........

11. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I own a couple of guns and use them for hunting and shooting empty beer bottles. You know, the usual

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

wow, you shoot a lot then, huh?

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've used many different tyes of guns as well as rifles and shotguns.

14. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Ever fired a 10 gauge? Those things are beasts!

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've shot a 10 guage before and it knocked me backwards and left a bruise on my arm ! I was quite young, a teenager I was.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  16. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Dad used to have a old double barrel 10 gauge..with the hammers...damn thing kicked like a mule on steroids.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I want to get a Kentucky rifle kit.

18. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I fired my dad's pump-action 10 gauge at a firing range and it nearly dislocated my shoulder.

19. draqon Banned Banned

I fired about hundred times with a pneumatic rifle back in Russia, I got to say...my aiming is pretty bad...I though I would be the Wild West boy shotting it all out, showing all my skills, but the targets kept quiet...in fact the only time I did get the target is when I was not even aiming at them. sad...

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Never. They are illegal here anyway.

21. draqon Banned Banned

are you telling me...drugs like Marijuana are fine, but plastic bullets are not ok?

what a country...what a world...I am mesmerized...I can barely breath at the very essence of the realization that such contrasts within a society structure can exist...

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Uh.. she said guns, not toys..
    And pot is illegal here as well.

23. draqon Banned Banned

wait...you are not in Amsterdam? :bugeye: After all these decades of knowing you...I was wrong to think you lived there...I did not know the real you, the you who did not live in Amsterdam...how more wrong could I have been! Have Gods no mercy upon my humble innocent soul?!!!