Heaven is real, says neurosurgeon

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by arauca, Oct 10, 2012.

1. seagypsy Banned Banned

Are you in awe of his confidence or do you resent it? Because it seems you challenge anyone who speaks with confidence on anything. I suspect that you are lacking in confidence on any issue, and can't stand the idea of other people having confidence. It must suck being so damned unsure of anything.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gravage Registered Senior Member

Agreed.
    There is one more possibility from holographic principle:
    Let's suppose you throw a wallet in the black hole (which is 3-Dimensional), the information of this wallet would be stored just outside the event horizon of the black hole (2-dimensional), however all informations about this wallet and and all of its contents are stored. This gave theorists idea that entire universe might be just another hologram, working on this same principle. meaning all informations of entire universe, galaxies, space, time are stored on it's outside surface/"event horizon".
    That would mean that information of every living entity is also stored on its outside surface.

But wouldn't that mean that the outside surface of Earth's event horizon (which is 2 dimensional) should also be full of informations about every process, whatever drops from space on the earth's surface?
    It doesn't make any sense from where can you get this information on Earth outer layer?

One more thing I have to mention, I remember when I was watching National Geographic and they talked about ghosts. What scientists shown is that walls really do have ears.
    They have shown that magnetic field/fields of an room (actually every room) stores information about voices of people, when you magnify it very, very much (I forgot how much), you'll hear their voices, basically these voices weren't ghosts, they were from people who were there in the bar.
    Now what does this all mean?

I was also referring to both quantum information and classic information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_information
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_information_science

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. seagypsy Banned Banned

It seems to me that it would require time travel or a star trek transporter. I think it's safe to say, neither of these things will be a reality in our lifetimes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Speak for yourself T'Pol!

8. seagypsy Banned Banned

Surely you don't think we will accomplish time travel or transporters within the lifetime of the youngest participant of this forum(that is what I meant by OUR lifetime). After all you said that you think we(usa) will be a third world country in about 10 years.

9. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

Yes that is a very interesting subject. It does seem like there is a connection between information and the geometry of space. And that means gravity and entropy are somehow connected. I don't pretend to understand any of it though. But it a good point.

10. Promo Registered Senior Member

When it comes to time travel it’s irrelevant if we (our age group) discovers it or not, as long as the people who discover it could come back to teach it to this generation. Thus altering the future discovery of time travel, and then preventing the future people from coming back to teach us…..oh wait….my head hurts now.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Doesn't matter, I was visited by the future Enterprise some time ago. They thought they erased my memory, but it didn't work, must have been the xeophonic radiation interfering with their magnetic neuro-stimulator.

12. seagypsy Banned Banned

Spidy, sometimes I just wanna give you a hug. Don't tell Neverfly, he may not take it right.

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

More on "near death" and actual death...

Scientist Shows What Happens To 'Soul' After Death (VIDEO) from The Huffington Post
    Hmmm...

Quantum souls. OK. Quackery?

14. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

15. Gravage Registered Senior Member

That is wrong approach, you have faith in science, so you're religious like it or not, everything whatever has to do with faith is form of religion, so is science. Scientists believe in that science and technology will solve everything, that's blind fate, until people change themselves they won't be able solve anything, it's the problem with our mentality, not with science and technology. watch documentary Surviving progress, the human ability to ask why is double-edge sword, because it has enabled us to grow in progress with science and technology, but that same question "why", economic, scientific and technological progress has also negative impact on our species.

We're stuck in in believing that more complex science and technology will solve all the questions we ask but deeper we dig, the more complex problems and questions that are solved raise a dozen new even more complex problems and questions, soon this will not be possible, because science and technology will become too complex to understand to continue this scientific, technological, economic progress. We're very close to that upper limit.

You have to be objective and also be critical to science and technology itself that are present now, otherwise there is nothing to improve in science and technology, but scientists are not like this, they like their system, and if anything doesn't agree with the present science/technology, it's wrong, because it's that's the way what they say and it cannot be changed, if something is against scientists learned all science that they have learned to this will fall apart, and that's the main reason why they don't want to change this behavior. Also, science is a big business, so it's those who have profit force use who don't have much profit to buy their stuff, because it's "better", it's not better in any way, they simply want to sell it whatever they want, and we have no right to refuse it.

Scientists and high-tech freaks use us as lab rats and use marketing this is good for you but is it really, more complex it becomes the less good it is, that's a fact. They should have invented simpler things not more complex so that we can all live in simpler world, not more complex. Because of this ever-increasing complexity of life, science and technology we have today, this civilization will eventually fall apart.

Scientists are all blind believers in science and technology, I'm not, as much as I'm not believer in religion.

You claim that religion is evil but you're evil you attack those who have different opinions and those who believe in irrational and invisible things, beings and etc.
    And why would you ban them to believe in something irrational, you have absolutely no right to do that.
    It means I should ban all of you to believe in science.
    You're no different than church in the Dark ages was, just because something is right it doesn't mean you can ban the wrong, if people feel better with the approach you disagree with.
    It's people's choice not yours.
    Who are you to call yourselves rational beings, if you actually don't know anything beyond measurement and detection and mathematical equation? People's lives do not follow rules like physics and math do.
    Deal with it.
    Science has become dogma-like religion, because only if you agree with the system, you're ok, if you don't you're garbage. Everything what does not go alone with mathematical equations and cannot be proven experimentally is wrong, no it's not because you cannot definitely disprove something, that's the biggest weakness science has, it's limited, so who you're to push alternative explanations, if you can't prove anything scientifically 100%...
    Shame on you.
    You say I attack you, but it is you who started first I'm just defending myself.
    You're looking for evidences, some things cannot be proven that they exist but yet they do work.
    This is why the big bang hypothesis will never be proven and I noticed that astrophysicists are stuck with this like with faith. the other hypothesis is string hypothesis for example.

You always blame religion and not science, science is faaar worse than religion because it has the potential to wipe out the entire human race, while religion can't.
    You talk about pedophiles in churches and etc in religion, but yet forget the key difference:
    Religion and science are abstract concepts, ideas, economical and political systems and etc.. and therefore cannot be either good, bad or evil. People are the factors who use either religion, science, politics, economics and etc. in a good, bad or evil way.

Also, who say there are no pedophiles among scientists, you are implying that scientists are good, sure so were dr. Josef Mengele, so were the scientists who helped to win various wars, scientists in wars are indirectly responsible for so many deaths, they didn't go to war themselves to fight the enemy, but they have created superior science and technology to help soldiers to kill more people to win the war, that's the same as being religious and go into war against any other religion or anyone else who thinks otherwise.

You can't blame those abstract systems for something that people misuse, it's people's fault not religion.
    People are simply evil majority of them especially politicians, bankers, Wall street but you also have evil scientists and popes, it all depends on humans who misuse those ideas, systems, concepts, you're totally wrong because it is not the philosophy, abstract concept, idea and etc. themselves that are good, bad or evil, it's humans who use it how they want to, either is it good, bad or evil.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  16. Gravage Registered Senior Member

How do you know, did you make tests by yourself?

17. Gravage Registered Senior Member

You were the first who attacked me before I attacked you this is why I responded. Read my 592nd post.

18. Gravage Registered Senior Member

Read my 592nd post.

19. Gravage Registered Senior Member

20. Gravage Registered Senior Member

Read my 592nd post.