Heaven or Hell

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Andrew111, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Adam dons his silly black ninja outfit, and hides in the shadows, awaiting his opportunity...

"HAH!" Adam strikes, sword slicing cleanly through Andrew111!

Ninja Adam leaves a copy of a biology textbook on the steaming corpse as he slides back into the shadows...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

We did NOT evolve from the apes we see today. Rather, we had a common ancestor. Very different ideas.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Andrew111 Registered Senior Member

Which common anseter a ape like creature were are they now

doyou feel that you are decended from a ape like creature WHY

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Archeological digs from Africa indicate that our ancestors most likely had a common link with the ape. At present no true link has been verified to 100%. Likeyhood is though, that it is there. Cranial structure, bone similarities, and general build indicate that it is the most similar of all that we know existed.

8. Andrew111 Registered Senior Member

is this because some man tells you this is what you came from or should we just say that God put us hear wether God is a little green alien or realy dose exsits are you willing to put humanity on the line for the sake of one word God. What would you do if he dose come back.

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Exactly what you state mate. Likelyhood is the key word here.

I do not go for the word god or little green alien either Andrew. It seems much more complex to me.

Anyways...I'll be back...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sorry, Andrew111, I don't put much faith in LGM. Never seen one but once and I was too drunk to shake his hand...

11. Andrew111 Registered Senior Member

When you sleep do you leave your body and travel across the galixy or are you earth bound with chains that hold you down. while you sleep do you let your mind be free of all earthly holdings
    do you feel that there is somone else in the room do you sleep facing a wall do you have a light on all night . Turn every thing off take the batery out of your clock so that you hear nothing turn your mirror facing against the wall remove any speakers or any thing that will create a magnetic field close your door and go to sleep so the only thing you will hear is you own hart beat then you will sleep and dream and reamber. when you wake write it down what ever it was you dremt about and then we can talk tomorro about this

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Andrew,

You need to stop following baseless speculative fantasies and learn some science.

Take a look at this website and learn something about the facts of evolution and the theories that help explain how evolution operates.

http://www.talkorigins.org/

Here is direct link that deals with the ape question.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/species.html

Without religion we could probably have adopted rational thinking, which would have advanced our progress by thousands of years. The reliance on superstitions has virtually kept us in the caves and it is only since modern science has been developed that we are finally discovering something about our environment and the universe. Also bear in mind the tyrannical atrocities committed by Christianity and how it persecuted anyone who dared question its authority and how it murdered/executed and discouraged would be scientists. The crimes of religion, and in particular xtianity and their impact is beyond count.

Yes, it is called evolution and specifically it was the development of a more advanced brain. Other than that we are effectively identical to all other life on the planet.

The rest of your post and your others tend to include references that look indistinguishable from paranoid delusions.

I do have a few things you should note –

Are you aware that there is an invisible and immaterial crystalline dodecahedron hovering 2 feet from your face at all times? It has the ability to monitor all your activities and your thoughts and relay them to planet guardians like myself.

You should also be aware than in your past 17 lives I have been your executioner. Please don’t commit any nasty crimes again.

Feel free to reveal your imaginative fantasies but beware that without any supporting evidence they remain just fantasies.

Have fun.
    Cris

13. Andrew111 Registered Senior Member

Cris

Why is it that when a different view, that no one is forcing upon you dose not conform to what you believe in , you turn on your defences and lash out at any answer that you can find I don’t care if science says that we are going to evolve and we will all live happily ever after it means that if that’s what you want to believe then believe. I am not calling you paranoid or any thing else its for you to choose no one can make you do any thing that you don’t want to do or believe what you want to believe in I am so sorry that I have upset you in any way but then you must know this because you know me.?

All I am doing is giving a different point of view you don’t have to agree with me If you had something to say that interested me I would read or listen to what ever it was but not judge you for what you are saying.

I’m not as clever as you because you have all the answers and I don’t

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Andrew,

LOL, Oh I wish I did.

Mainly because this is a debating forum and not a place for making sermons. Note that I have provided you with my views in response to yours. But I have also pointed out an error you have made and shown you how to correct that. I am not lashing out or being defensive, these are simply strong opposing views to yours.

If my views seem harsh or very different to yours then maybe that is because you have not considered these alternative ideas before. In which case these new views might make you think.

But there is a difference in our approaches that I was hoping you might spot. I do try to back up my views with supporting evidence or show reasons for my views. Contrast that with your approach of simply stating assertions with no reasoning behind them. You will make your ideas more credible if you support them with some reasoning.

If you are here because you want to exchange ideas then be prepared to support your own ideas and be prepared to hear alternatives, perhaps some might not be what you want to hear. If you are here just to preach then you will be quickly ignored.

Well thank you, but I haven’t called you paranoid either. However, your statements are bordering on paranoia.

Don’t worry about upsetting me; you would have to do a lot more to achieve that. Please don’t mistake a strong opposing view as anger or being upset.

Again this is a debate forum. If you are factually wrong then do you not want to be told you have made an error?

Cris

15. unchained Registered Member

It is radical fools like you that shall be the end of us all! If you want an enemy, look toward yourself. It seems your the only one willing to listen to those ignorance opinions of yours. See the truth, the United States would rather not put its foot in the affairs of others. However, the pressures of keeping liberty alive and the voices of others has transformed US foriegn relations into a nightmare of epic proportions! The US is now expected to keep the peace, help end religious oppression, and so forth or be labeled an uncarring society of freedom loving heretics. This wouldn't be true for many other nations.

The US is the last superpower, should they just sit and do nothing when the world is a hotbed of both war and hate. Disagree with me if you must; but, remember that the world is a volitial environment and as soon as the US goes down, it will be one less nation that can stand upright and strong against the forces of "evil". Remember, "evil" can never be defeated, only oppressed and held in suspension. "Good" will never win, neither will "evil". If you hate the US, well so be it. But remember who they are and what they stand for! Think to yourself, why hate?

The US government is not perfect, nor is any government. Look unto the world, look into yourself...is it worth it to hate another? ... Is it? ... Is it worth it!

16. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

The seriousness with which people reply to this thead disturbs me.

17. Deena Homicide Registered Senior Member

i am too surprised by the seriousness walker i can not believe that people are working so hard to have some affect on this person because it is clear that he is talking just to be heard his posts have no point all of his questions are cliche and vague and it is also clear that he has no original thoughts in his brain

Man, I'm not as good at that.

18. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

that mite be beecause you were good withspelling and also allyour thought s were linear and you didnt' run alot of words together but anyway God will forgiveyou im pretty sure.

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I listen to the, what you call, ignorance opinions of Avatar. The US would rather NOT put its foot down in the affairs of others?! Get real, get a grip! The US loves to dominate and mingle in other nations affairs. The US is out to be at war, not keep the peace. Look at what your damned government is doing to get a war lose at Iraq. No matter my opinion on Saddam at this moment, it is the way your beloved president is behaving and forcing yet another war, in the name of terrorism, upon other nations.

Voices in Europe are against the plans of bush and associates. Even PM Blair, who is one of the playmates of bush. CORRECTION : PM Blair is willing to pay the "bloodprice" and accompany the U$ in their planned war on Saddam.

BBC interview with Blair will be broadcasted Sunday.

Where is the freedom gone in the US, Unchained? Tell me! I am dying to know. Where was the freedom when people were protesting against bush and were fired at with rubber bullets by the cops? Was that not in the same US you are defending and from which you are saying it is a society of freedom?

US the last superpower? Who the hell wants to be a superpower like the US is displaying right now? No other nation has come this close to total world domination as the US wants, at this very moment. I think it is ridiculous. You make it sound as if the US is the only nation in the whole wide world who has the common sense to be ruler of the world. Away with those ridiculous political games. Away with bush!

I am with Avatar:

Go, go, go Europe! Unite thee, against the U$! Free yourself from the New Worldorder with its stupid claims to be excluded from UN rules, which are made for a reason, not to undermine them. I quit with this, it is talking against a deafman's ears probably.

As a last point, to stay a very little ontopic: U$ is Hell, godblessed or not, all the same to me...

20. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Banshee: I rather like it. My girlfriend lives here.

21. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Walker, you seem to miss the point here. I live here too, in the U$. It was merely a reply to the ridiculous (to me) post by Unchained.

Case closed!

22. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Hey, I know, settle! I'm just kiddin' around.

23. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"See the truth, the United States would rather not put its foot in the affairs of others. However, the pressures of keeping liberty alive and the voices of others has transformed US foriegn relations into a nightmare of epic proportions! The US is now expected to keep the peace, help end religious oppression, and so forth or be labeled an uncarring society of freedom loving heretics"

What the hell are you talking about?? The U.S. is like any right wing (relative to Europe and Canada) nation; it does what's in the interest of it. You guys have never, ever, stepped in with the sole benefit of ending religious oppresion. I will not deny that the U.S. has done some great, great things; but you're far from honourable in all your intentions. Half of the time after the rise of America as the West's superpower you guys were instilling Nazis in power across the globe. The other time was spent trying to hunt down commies in your own country. If what you said was true, the U.S. would have been FORCED to step into Afghanistan about 15 years ago. Oh, oh wait. Never mind. About 15 years ago you guys were helping Osama.