Help with a fuzzy image

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Bill, Jun 4, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Guest

I am a very amatuer Astronomer... I bought an inexpensive telescope, to make sure this just wasnt a passing fad, before pouring money into another hobby? But the other night it worked great. But when I used it tonight, everything was very fuzzy and always had halos around the objects being viewed. It appeared to me ealrlier in the evening that the lens on my telscope was dirty, I used some eye glass cleaner to clean the lens, did I just trash my scope? what should I use to clean them? I did the canned air thing, but it appeared the lens had some type of hazy film on it. so thats why I tried to clean it in the first place

And it makes no difference which eyepiece I use be it a 12.5mm or 4mm, I still get halos and fuzzy images.

This is a refracting telescope btw.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited June 04, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by DaveW (edited June 04, 1999).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shorty Guest

What you should probably do is just call the store where you bought you telescope and see what they tell you to do. If you did not buy it at a specialty store, call a place that specializesd in telescopes, ect. I really doubt you totally wasted your lenses, but be ready to pay up incase you did. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but replacing lenses isn't cheap

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.