Heroin Overdose

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by dribbler, Mar 18, 2004.

1. dribbler Banned Banned

When people OD on drugs such as Heroin, what type of feelings do they experience? Do they just go to sleep or is it painful, etc.?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They just fall asleep and sometimes NEVER WAKE UP! Great drug, isn't it?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Fade to black.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

What is painful is what you go through if you are not successful with the attempt.

8. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Death. And I think the only people who would know wouldn't be able to tell you.

9. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

You feel like your falling.
    Oh and nausea plays a big part too.
    I never died so I guess thats all I can tell you.
    Dee Cee

10. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Its not always the same. Some people who OD on heroin certainly do not have a good time, like vomitting to death. But others just pass out and never wake up.
    I think when people "OD" in the vomitting to death way they didn't get pure heroin but I'm not sure.
    I've got a few heroin addicts in the family.
    Its wierd how heroin makes people ugly. Like seriously, its hard to put your finger on but it can make normal looking people become visciously unattractive.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

A heroin junkie I once knew would get into these nervous "fits" when she didn't have any.
    It would manifest itself in a cumpulsion to scratch.
    She wasn't itchy, just compelled to scratch all the time.
    She had these nasty sores all over her body because of it.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The scratching comes from the drug itself; you can get it even with synthetic opiates--they leech out through your skin.

I once did a bunch of pills, some prescription opiate, with a bunch of liquor. I woke up the next morning having already scratched one leg raw.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Oh, I forgot that sometimes when they OD on heroin they don't die but go into seizures shaking and vomiting. Sometimes when the drug has been cut with bad shit they really get violently ill and go into shock and do sometimes die. You never know what your taking when you buy from the streets so why take a chance with your life?

14. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I heard of this guy that drowned in his own vomit. *cringes*

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Depends on the dosage. Sometimes people are murdered by being given a hotshot, that is a dose of heroin with high purity that the user is not accustomed too, since usually it is cut with impurities. When this is the case, the user does not even have time to pull out the needle, death is very swift. Other times it comes slower, with severe nausea, and the disturbing knowledge that you might be going over the edge.

16. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

It helps if you have access to pharmacuetical grade diamorphine....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Still, endorphine analogs can be heavy going.
    Handle with care people.
    Dee Cee

17. Bells Staff Member

Yay, take a drug that's supposed to make you feel good and then feel sick. A guy at uni once told me that the best high he ever got was from boiling dandelions and drinking the water. Apparently he became extremelly sick and felt like dying but once that passed he was high for days

. My only question to him was why? All he could say was that it was free and the high was the best... after he threw up a couple of times that is... go figure..

Dribbler
    I had a cousin who was an addict and he OD'ed once and was in a coma for 2 weeks, got better and went back on it. I asked him what it was like and he replied that he couldn't remember, just that he felt as though his body went cold and that was all he knew until he woke up in hospital 2 weeks later. He stopped and went into rehab a year later and after a couple of years he had some problems and injected himself with a normal dose and he died, with his face planted in a plate of food in a restaurant, needle still in his arm

. The staff realised he was dead 2 hours later... don't ask me why they didn't figure something was wrong when he face planted his salad, but somehow they just didn't realise. Anyway, that one dose killed him instantly. I guess I just can't understand wanting to take the risk for just a couple of hours of feeling out of it. But then that's just me.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I think maybe your friend was pulling your chain.
    Dandelion tea is widely used as an over-the-counter herbal remedy.

Some info...

19. Bells Staff Member

No, I actually asked him about dandelion tea as well and he said that he just picked the flowers in his yard and boiled it up for a length of time and drank it. Apparently tastes vile. Who really knows what he took. He may have been high already and just went out and picked anything from his yard and boiled it up and thought it was dandelions.

20. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

Could have been catnip, it looks almost identical. Kid, just curious, why ask? If ya planning anything, don't be that crazy. Life gets better. Trust me.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You know what's probably the most painful part of a heroin overdose? It's when they wake up without a high anymore because the paramedics shot 'em up with that stuff that counteracts the heroin. I've heard some junkies have become quite irrate about having their lives saved and their high wasted.

My brother's roommate died of a heroin overdose a couple years back. He hadn't done heroin since before he went to prison which was several years previous. He stayed away from heroin once he got out. But he lost his job and was working as a temp laborer, got caught shoplifting while on a job and banned from the labor agency. His buddy who he was shoplifting with was a junkie, got themselves some smack, and we found him dead on the bathroom floor a few hours later. Nasty shit draggin' a dead guy out and trying to give cpr. I don't think I'll ever forget the sound of the gurgling in his chest. *shiver*

22. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

seeing as it messes up your nervous system, once you begin to OD it is rather painful, yes... (or so I've been told). Ask Kurt Cobain. Oh, oops... too late.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

What are you trying to say? Kurt Cobain's OD was hurting him so bad that he figured he's blow his brains out with a shotgun as an analgesic?