Hinduism vs science...

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Jan 7, 2019.

1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think these scientists will have to have a good case if they decide to partake in the thread

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

comparative intellectual values to form a normative equilibrium of base line fundamental concepts.

do theologians say someone must read all 7 bibles in all 14 different versions in all 20 or soo languages prior to entering the debate ?

anyone can enter a debate about science, however that does not make their opinion more valid than someone who studys science.

there is a trend of associated authority to factualise in most cultures.
    breaking that into laymens terms, someone who is recognized for a specific subject, regardless of its nature, is assigned by some people to have a higher value of factual absolutes of a certain other given subject.
    note i use factual rather than fact or truth.

i have read various hindu texts which have been converted to english.
    i have found some very interesting and enlightening content.
    however, that does not make me hindu, or anti hindu or in a position to suggest any other person who claims to know a specific religion, to then have authority of another subject.

what you may or may not be aware of is the fringe element of belief which borders on the very outlying realms of provable facts.
    the flying craft and hindu scripts that mention them are well documented in hindu texts.
    i do not claim to know what value of truth or fact they define or contain other than it is a consistent notation.
    this thing is also contained in a few bibles.
    flying craft etc...

the nature of fringe ideas and beliefs when mixed in with main stream mass theology tends to render some very pronounced ideas of some believers.
    i am neither christian nor hindu and lay no claim to knowing more than any other person.
    i have done an awful lot of cross subject reading as many others have. enough of which to know that i dont know a great deal.

trying to suggest the likes of Einstein to be inherently flawed along with Newton is a brash position of absolutism.
    that absolutism only lends to blind belief.

modern intellectuals of many faiths tend not to draw too much factualisation around such claims as they, by their very nature, rule out a lot of basic scientific method.

going by sheer numbers there is a lot of hindu belief
    this, as cultures mix, is likely to bring variant concepts and ideas to the front which have no more credence than any other fringe ideology.
    the very nature of creating ideologies and new thoughts and beliefs is a natural human condition in my humble opinion.

the nature of the subject borders Ufology, pseudoscience & religion so it is difficult to stay on 1 single aspect of scientific process without feeling a sense of injury to another.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I completely agree. I know everything but my recall and writing skills leave a lot to be desired.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

davewhite04 likes this.
  8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

120 million people in 49 days
    120,000 toilets.
    im thinking maybe 4 times that number might be a better goal for toilet numbers
    thats around 1 toilet per 350 people
    im not sure 1 toilet per 1,000 people is quite enough.
    i would imagine a much better result of around 4 toilets to service 1,000 people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46860409

imagine if you will
    5,000 people spending 4 hours in 1 location with only 5 toilets

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

They've evolved to mega wastage control.

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i have talked with enough people who have traveled all over the world to know that there is a tipping point when it comes to toilet numbers.

with that few toilets people will start shitting in the streets and river, behind walls and various other make shift shit sites where it mixes with ground water and is trodden all over the place and into food areas.

with modern drugs people have probably got a bit lazy.
    if something like a bad stomach virus takes hold the elderly will cop it.
    i doubt there is many children at the event so they would be 1st hit for lowered immune system.

monitoring the health of those living in the area for the next few months after the event has closed would be quite interesting.

and down stream water testing 3 times a day every day immediately for the next 12 months would be some really useful global data.

davewhite04 likes this.
  11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I can't highlight all the parts that made me smile(the way you wrote it)

I was just throwing an idea out there, but your explanation sounds very realistic.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member