Homosexuality and Religion

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Thoreau, Nov 24, 2007.

?

Is being gay a sin?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

SnakeLord,

yoooo betcha!

Really?
    What do you mean by naturally attracted?
    And what does "taste-buds" have to do with sexual intercourse?

adjective,

1. good-looking: good-looking or sexually desirable

2. agreeable: pleasing in appearance or manner

3. interesting: interesting or appealing because of the probable advantages
    an attractive proposition

People don't have to go to church now, so the so-called MASS contributor, wasn't so MASS after all. Was it?

It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament wearing a suit of armour.
    It is, however, legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls of York, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

What exactly, does this have to do with "religion", and how is it the result of a MASS contribution of religion?
    I would guess that everyone in the world knows of God in some form or other.

See above.

Atheistic thinking wasn't born or ruled by "atheistic thinking".
    Can you think of anything that was born or ruled by atheistic thinking?
    Wtf is "atheistic thinking"? (pardon my French)

He also says things like;

"An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before."

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

Are we suppose to take him seriously?

What are "wishes of religion"?
    And saying religion is idiotic doesn't make it so.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

It's not for you to make that determination just because your sense of will is so weak doesn't not mean that I can not control what I like and dislike as though it's predetermine.

I thought the atheist didn't believe in FATE.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. answers Registered Senior Member

Didn't Big Gay Al's boat ride teach you anything on south park? haha but anyway God doesn't approve of homosexuality. Who know's his reasons but it's plain in the Bible what his views are. Perhaps it could be forbidden for the simple reason that its not how nature works and if everyone was gay then there would be no knocked up 16 yr olds to carry on the human race???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. answers Registered Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by SnakeLord
    Utter tosh. Condition yourself to believe without any doubt that leprechauns exist. I'll give you a gabillion pounds if you can do it. ”

Leprechauns don't exist????

Santa is going to be pissed when I tell him on Christmas.

8. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

Answers: wtf?
    Leprechauns have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

gay leprechauns!!!

10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

This in itself is a very long discussion. If needs be I could go into basic details but before you decide that check out newscientist which has many articles on relevant subjects - and not just attraction, preference to big boobs, blonde hair etc but even articles concerning a womans genetic liking for pink or lighter shades of red.

After that we could then look at the state of choice and how it is actually 'external' - genetics, environment and education, (genetics isn't ultimately 'external', I hope you understand the context).

Only because religion has largely lost it's hold, (here at least).

That's interesting but not really relevant.

I guess you need to know Twain. He might even be upset by your question given that he was primarily a humourist but you need to recognise the more serious side of his works. This does indeed include Huck, long thought to be a child's book, but not.

Atheists lack a belief in gods and that is the sum of atheism. You thought wrong.

However, fate is an inaccurate word. It implies some intelligent force and decided outcomes.

What I shouldn't need to tell you, (this is the difference), is that you will die the way you're going to die. That's an unavoidable fact. Add this to everything else you will do.

Of course what I was actually saying doesn't really come into this. I am certainly most curious why, if you have some disagreement, that you're not now trying to get the gabillion pounds I offered you. Did you manage to get yourself to believe in leprechauns? Hell, I bet you can't even get yourself to stop singing that song in your head. Go on, beg your brain to stop.

11. Saquist Banned Banned

So ...you believe in FATE?

To be frank your premise is puprosely increduous.
    I've conditioned myself to do many things I could do before...You're saying that the brain is incapable of change. I already know you're wrong.

12. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Not as implied, but it does remain an absolute undeniable fact that you will die in the way you're going to die.

Guess you didn't read much of my last post. You are capable of change, but those changes come through environmental/educational factors.

Anyway.. do you want this gabillion pounds or not? Decide to believe that leprechauns exist. You can do it apparently..

Out of interest, what have you conditioned yourself to do? Was this before or after all the external pressure for you to turn gay?

13. answers Registered Senior Member

I have a question. Can gay leprechauns go to heaven?

14. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

15. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

All of Gods children are welcome in his /her kingdom

16. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

Except that leprechauns don't exist..

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

neither does God.

18. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

..As far as you know anyways.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

same for leprechauns. I have as much proof for both.

20. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

I'd love to hear it..

21. answers Registered Senior Member

takethewarhome needs to get a sense of humour

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ditto, LOL!

23. Saquist Banned Banned

I think it best if you keep your gabillion pounds. It's an example that is incredulous and useless at best. If you want a good example of someone conditioning themselves ask Medicine Woman. There is an expression here that after campaigning a certain agenda truthful or not one can begin to believe there own propaganda.

I've condition myself to do many things. It's a process. I've taken the example of drill instructors in the military to accomplish the goal. I found that there were task and perspectives I didn't wish to appreciate. It didn't make for a stable foundation. As a result I put forth an concerted effort to like things I didn't like before and to dislike things and behavior I had done habitualy before.

You see it's not about leprechauns it's about purpose. If you have no purpose then change is difficult to impossible. That's why your leprechauns can chase their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow around the world. Without purpose there is nothing....a void and nature abhors a vaccuum. The result is desire....and because many, most, almost everyone doesn't excerise self control there is little wonder they don't know how to use it. Hense for them it's impossible. Hence for you it's impossible to believe that someone is capable of such control. It's a lack of perspective due to the lack of a common frame of refrence....Thus the Leprechauns.