How do you rate UPS.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Jul 25, 2019.

?

From 1 to 10... 10 bein best... Over All... how do you rate UPS.!!!

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I ordered 4 bottles of olive oil online… UPS sent me a notice that the shipment was damaged… the online store sent 4 more bottles but this time they sent ‘em in 2 diferent packages… only 1 made it… an the store told me that UPS had lost the other one… an they wasnt alowed to replace a replacement order so they refunded the cost of 2 bottles of oil… an said i woud have to place anuther order for the other 2 bottles.!!!

I tracked the replacement packages at UPS... both made it to my hometown at the same time... 1 was deliverd on time... the other package was not updated for 4 days... kept sayin check back later for scheduled delivery time.!!!

When the UPS man handed me the replacement package wit 2 bottles in it… the bottles clanged together… an one end of the package was broken open an covered in an oily substance.!!!

I figered a bottle was broken… an i was surprized that ther was no oily stains inside the box an both bottles was intact.!!!

I figer the other package had a broken bottle in it an leaked on the package i received... an UPS just didnt report the damage.!!!

The online store sent me an email askin about my purchase with ‘em… i told ‘em an they sent me a 10 dollar credit… said they woud fix ther not usin enuff packin issues an hoped i woud do bidness wit ‘em agan.!!!

When i need more oil i will prolly order from ‘em agan… mostly out of quriosity to see if they have made the promised changes an can get ‘em here alive

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I don't see that this has much to do with UPS though.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'd rate UPS a 9/10 since no one is perfect. Rarely if ever, have any issues.

USPS, I rate a -3

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Wegs! I rate USPS about as high as UPS. It's just not pleasant to actually go into a Post Office and I rarely do but everything that comes by USPS comes in two days usually.

Just don't try tracking it.

You can ship with their boxes and they bring them, free, to your door. They don't even do that with my mail (it's down the street). You can pay online and print out the label and receipt and tape that on your package and schedule a free pickup from your front door.

For packages their rates are less than UPS and Fed Ex.

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'm not judging USPS from that angle, but from when I order through different online shops...if that vendor ships using USPS ...it takes forever. Like a week, whereas UPS takes two days. UPS is just more efficient, imo.

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yeah... if properly packaged the bottles woud have arrived alive.!!!

Prolly over 98 % of the stuff i get from 'em is on time an undamaged... but i gave 'em an 8... cause i highly suspect that the replacement package was damaged but went unreported.!!!

I do wish they woud ring the doorbell when leavin a package like they used to.!!!

One evenin i waited until after 7 pm for a package that was supposed to be delivered that day... an at 7:10 pm i received a scan update that said somethin like... can not deliver... entrance to house was blocked... which was not true... an i druther they just tell the truth... "its late... im pooped an will deliver tomorrow"

10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I don't like anything that requires me to have to sign for it. Most stuff doesn't require that these days. I get guitars delivered to my front door that don't require a signature.

I'm home but I rarely know when something is delivered. I could be in the bathroom, on the computer, in the back yard, etc. Just leave the package...

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

The more valuable the package is to me... the more often i check my email for the delivery notice

12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

That's the beauty of Amazon. If you rely on USPS and you are tracking a package to figure out in advance when it will arrive. Who knows. It will probably come fairly quickly but the only accurate notice is like to be the delivery notice.

In other words, it's already delivered so who really needs a notice? Although I like them because I may not have checked my mailbox or front door but great tracking would be better.

With Amazon, I don't even bother. I order it. It may say something like you delivery is guaranteed by a week from that day. You'll get it the next day though so no needs tracking or notices. It might even show up the day you ordered it.

It might be Sunday or a holiday. It will still show up because its being delivered by the self-employed drive around guys.

Then there is EMS from China. Without EMS, you order and it will arrive within a month, maybe. With EMS it will arrive in 3 days.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

UPS has a delivery window of between 9 am an 7 pm... or they may deliver after 7 pm

If im on the computer im in the livin room in a recliner an i can see if the UPS truck pulls into the drive... otherwise i will check for a delivery email which is usualy less than 5 minutes after delivery... or you can pay UPS for a more narrow window (2 hrs ?).!!!
    I thank for free you can request that you'r package be left at a UPS store an then you pick it up... a good option if its a valuable item or if porch pirates are a prollem.!!!

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'd call that a delivery door.

15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A "1"... sounds like Rainbow S. had a bad experience wit UPS

17. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I have a feeling he only has bad experience with everything.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well thats sad... but at least hes amoung frinds here at Sciforums

19. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I met my UPS man at the door with a cold ... drink. Haven't had a 'lost' shipment since then.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

The implication is that your UPS driver delivered a package to your door, you gave him a beer which he then proceeded to drink and now your UPS service is better.

Is that the story?

21. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you only have one option ?
    no choices ?

consumer culture says what ?

sounds like a communist system
    how are you rating your communist home delivery service ?

22. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Are you under the impression that anyone understands what you are posting?

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes you are 100% corect... Sir

For those out of the loop... the whole purpose of this thred was to see who woud be first to pont out the obvious.!!!