How Many Memebers Have Mental Health Issues?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by common_sense_seeker, Sep 25, 2013.

1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Outrageous really Stryder. Red-heads tend to be quite smart and down-to-earth I find.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Hardly outrageous, It's known that people with Ginger hair can have a hard time with people that point out they have Ginger hair. This can cause them to become either extremely outgoing to compensate or more reclusive. Incidentally it wasn't meant as some sort of attack.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes, by your standards I'm narrow-minded - and very content to be so.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Okay then, it did sound a bit at the time though.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No he didn't and no one has ever defined it that way because it's not and I wish people would stop saying that like it means something.

9. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Well about 1/4 of my more immediate family members are red heads and every one of them are outgoing, some annoyingly so. My mother is a Ginger, she is very loud and over-the-top in all that she does, which could be excruciatingly embarrassing for any teenager, especially a shy one.

10. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

The first thing I thought of was that sounds likely if they were from USA as well as red-head. Sorry if I'm wrong, but there's probably a cultural issue to Stryder's observation as well I'm guessing.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Of seeing mantis men? OK then. Call me narrow minded; I generally don't take something as fact until there is proof of it. (And a Youtube video of a shadowy figure does not constitute proof in my book.)

What about leprechauns who can hypnotize you and steal your pants? That's why so many men are found sans pants in strange women's bedrooms. How narrow minded of you to reject the thousands of cases of that occurring!

12. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Maybe, but if you ask me jut a bunch of wild ass Irish Americans

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Acting like Vikings, everyone one of them!

13. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Getting back to the sub-topic in hand, it's much more likely that 'smiley face' has mild Aspergers as his root problem imv, speaking from experience. Not being as quick at social interaction as others would lead to a kind of subconscious anxiety and might even be the cause of his back acne. Kids can be quite cruel, they must be especially bad in the USA due to your 'survival of the fittest' attitude in general. Sorry for any offense of course.

14. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Makes you wonder what % of those with Asperger's make up forum sites. Socializing in a virtual world is probably the preferred way of those with Asperger's to interact with others.

15. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

There's certainly some merit to that statement although there's plenty of other personalities which frequent forum sites. Those that are not very open to outside ideas of the mainstream and feel compelled to eagerly denounced others who contradict the mainstream with a little too much zeal springs to mind. I'm primarily thinking of another forum rather than SciForums incidentally. This site is fairly middle of the road imo.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I honestly wonder why this thread is still open, accusing anyone with a mental illness of "grooming children" (ie being a paedophile) is a ridiculous and bigoted attack against members here and should have been treated as such

17. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Errr...I was talking about the internet in general

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

So?

Mental illness<>Child abuse

Paedophilia maybe a mental illness but the majority of mental illnesses is depression\anxiety, Bipolar and schizophrenia etc. Look at the DSM IV, most of those illnesses have nothing to do with sexual attraction to children

19. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Maybe it's not exactly in the same category, but it's something like a mental illness. How would you describe it? It's not normal behavior is it.

20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Since you started this thread and because of your posts I am curious, have you been diagnosed with a mental illness (whether you agree with the diagnosis or not)?

21. arauca Banned Banned

I have Asthma for 52 years, allergy to dogs, garlic, rag weed, sulphur dioxide and other

22. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

No. I was tested for Aspergers at my own request but only scored two out of three. You need three points to be diagnosed with Aspergers. People who are like myself often refer to themselves as having 'mild Aspergers'.

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I am glad you started this thread. I have assumed that the people that made outrageous claims on this site were just goofy and so did not mind sort of blasting them. I realize now that the level of mental illness on the site is much higher than I thought and many of the people here have real issues that they have to deal with. In hind sight that should have been rather obvious I guess. After reflecting on this, I still will point out pseudoscience and unsupportable assertions but perhaps with a bit more compassion.