How smart are you? Take the IQ test.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by AUSSIEABORIGINAL, Aug 10, 2002.

?

Do you believe that IQ tests are an accurate measurement of intelligence?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2004.
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. No

76 vote(s)
    83.5%
  1. kidjoey Registered Member

EVERYONE is smart, I don't take this crap of me being one in 11,307, everyone is one in a bajillion, or more. I don't want any1 feeling stupid about this test

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kidjoey Registered Member

IQ tests weren't made for putting people in tags

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kidjoey Registered Member

they were made for fun, for finding out something about yourself

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kidjoey Registered Member

but, we being humans have to turn the good into bad

8. kidjoey Registered Member

teh, labels

9. BMW-Guy www.SendMeToChernobyl.com Registered Senior Member

I scored 126. Is that good?

I think the intellegence-rage is classified as follows (approx.):

90-100--Mentally handicapped

101-115--average

116-120--High(ly) average

121-125--Very High(ly) average

126-130--Superior

131-145(?)--Highly Superior

146-160--Very highly Superior

161+--Genius

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  10. Leviticus Banned Banned

guy you do know that the average IQ in the UK is 100. that means that you are saying tha most people are clever, but mentally hanicappe (lol) or they are average *(which is true)
    i think you need to modify that view a little...

i am superior (nearly highly superior), and im only 15 (weyhey)

11. BMW-Guy www.SendMeToChernobyl.com Registered Senior Member

Um.............................I'm only 16

My "chart" is not perfectly accurate, but I do know for fact that 99 is considered leagaly mentaly-handicapped. 100 is not, but it isn't real high, either.......

"Average" is more of the official term. It really doesn't mean (although it may at times) "about normal with everyone else".

Most people end up between the 105-120 range, which makes me question the unusally high number of folks who claimed (in the thread) to get 137+.........I'd like to see them post (as an attachment) a screenshot of the page displaying their score, like this:

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hehe, I just took it a second time, just clicked on answers at random. Took me 10s to take the whole test and the resulting IQ is 100. Perhaps all those average guys just did it the same way.

13. BMW-Guy www.SendMeToChernobyl.com Registered Senior Member

What good did that do for you?

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Why should it do me any good? IQ tests are pretty useless to start with. I did it just for fun.

15. BMW-Guy www.SendMeToChernobyl.com Registered Senior Member

Well thet have a tiny bit of value, but I don't think you could have even have gotten that by clicking Randomly................

16. kriminal99 Registered Senior Member

Iq tests are rediculous. Whatever IQ measures its not the limiting factor in anything. Its probably just measures the speed at which the brain undoes faulty relations or makes new ones and accesses memory. All of which can be boosted by nutrition, drugs and are different at different times of day... Not to mention that people can learn faster just by learning the stregnths and weaknesses of the mind so that they don't make faulty relations in the first place.

Ill bet the difference in IQ between different races is simply an issue of motivation. If african americans had stronger emotions they wouldn't need to invent relativity theory to have fun, they would just pop in a record or rap or dance or something. Whereas someone with weaker emotional motivators would try to go to much greater lengths, trying to differentiate themselves from everyone else in order to gain enough respect to be happy. I beleive I heard there was some kind of correlation between intelligence and fertility with races that are more intelligent being less fertile. Perhaps there is some kind of connection between fertillity and strength of emotions. Just a theory though.

17. CHRISCUNNINGHAM The Ethereal Paradigm Registered Senior Member

Oh how I hate to ruin the party, but any IQ test taken on the internet is not very close to accurate, and more often than not it will give you a higher score than one adminstered by and in front of a psychologist. How fast someone answers a question and how they go about solving it is integral in determining their IQ. Equally, the number itself is only evaluated by the deviation from the mean number of correct answers when taking an internet test, thus to give one person a 134 and another 135 is nearly impossible due to the small number of questions.

In short, the internet IQ is a generous estimate at the very best.

18. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

This IQ test is very poor. It doesn't necesarily test your ability to think or your ability to comprehend complex problems. Many of the questions there are based on your knowledge of geography, some based on famous expressions while others are based one 9th or 10th grade math. This IQ test could be passed by with flying colors by a fairly smart college graduate, yet will fail a true genius who hasn't received a good education.

19. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

All choose the first choice and still score 82 prove how shitty the test are

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I never take tests because they will never be able to show creativity,resourcesfulness, common sense, inquesitivness, wisdom, love or other things that make a human smart. These tests only show a small fraction of what a human has memorized but not really learned.

21. hotlildancerchick Registered Member

im 13 and scored 117

22. hotlildancerchick Registered Member

is that good?

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Not bad, not a genius, but not retarded.

I think it's above average. Don't take the tests too seriously though, as CosmicTraveler mentioned these tests are fallible. Even administered tests don't tell the whole story.

Here's another site with several tests. Some of these really test your visuospacial skills and are really challenging. http://www.highiqsociety.org/flash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm