Humans are not Mammals.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by seekeroftheway, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Kaiser Stormhawk Registered Member

And one main characteristic of viruses:

Viruses are obligate intracellular parasites that lack the cellular machinery for self-reproduction. They are not truly alive until they are in a host body. Thus, they are considered non-living by the majority of virologists because they do not meet all the criteria of the generally accepted definition of life. Among other factors, viruses do not move or metabolize on their own.

I believe we humans are alive even when we are not in another organisms body. I'm also under the assumption that we move and metabolise on our own.

Humans also don't lay eggs, like birds, amphibians, fish and reptiles. We also only have a spinal cord, ruling out ourselves as invertebrates.

So I'll come to the conclusion that homo-sapiens are mammals.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

You've been watching too many Matrix movies. Anyway my take is that its more to do with reasoning.

Take a panting, stick it on the world and to an animal that is just going to be just different colors. To a human its going to be much more then that!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valich Registered Senior Member

This is really a ridiculous forum that defies how biologists classify animals. It goes against the analyses of species into cladistic lineages and DNA sequence segmentation. What's the purpose?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mark shaw Registered Member

leopold99 said:
    we survived on the moon didn't we?

We didn't go to the effing moon!!!

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Right on! And of course the Earth is flat. All those "pictures from space" of a round planet are clearly forgeries. Everyone knows that cameras don't work in space. There's no air!

exchemist and Dywyddyr like this.
  9. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You bump a 10 year old thread for that?