I Hate The KKK

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ja'far at-Tahir, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Okay, but I would actually like to see some substance behind your case. I see where you are trying to go here, but I have no idea where you are getting your information from. I don't demand that you post hyperlinks for everything you say or anything like that, but would you please explain to me what the basis of your views are here? I mean, are you remembering the biographies of the late 20th Century Klansmen and finding that they are from the same families as the ones from before? I have never heard of any such thing, but I would be interested to know if you have ever heard anything to that effect.

Look, I am sorry that I called your views claptrap, but the problem is not as much what your views actually are as the fact that you are not giving them any substance. I find this to be extremely frustrating.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What makes you think they're a hindrance to the progress of American society? They have virtually no influence anywhere. No one takes them seriously. They're the butt of jokes. They occasionally apply for a parade permit and march down the street of some small town, but the entire police force has to stand on the sidewalk to keep people from throwing rocks at them.

It's very useful to allow people to identify themselves like that. Then you know who they are and you can avoid them and keep them marginalized. You can not rent a house to them, not give them jobs, not let your children play with theirs, keep them marginalized. I can't legally discriminate against someone because of their religion, skin color, gender, national ancestry, age or physical disability. But I am perfectly entitled to discriminate against someone because he's an asshole!

Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis said it perfectly a century ago: "The best disinfectant is sunshine." If you let evil ideas out into the daylight, you can fight them. It's only when you force them into hiding that they become stronger. I have my own way of saying it: "It's better to keep the cockroaches on top of the linoleum, where you can see them, than to force them to hide underneath it."

Look at the stupid Europeans and their laws against Holocaust denial. All the Nazis have gone underground. When they wanted to have a Holocaust Denial Festival, they went to fucking Tehran, where the government and many of the people in power support the Holocaust denial movement. Wouldn't it have been better to allow them to hold that event in Paris, London, Berlin or Prague? Every time they walked down into the lobby of their hotel, they would have been confronted by Auschwitz survivors with tattoos on their arms, carrying picket signs.
    Why do you say that? You sound like Sam. Even though she lived in America for a couple of years, she doesn't know absolutely jack shit about our country and she makes a fool of herself every time she says something about it.

The Klan is not protected any more or less than the Communists or the Flat Earth Society. They have the same Constitutional rights as the rest of us. They are guaranteed freedom of speech, religion, assembly and the press. Nobody has to listen to them, attend their meetings, go to the churches they go to, or read their publications. They have no political power.
    Freedom for all adults who have not been convicted of a crime.
    Consenting adults must be granted the freedom to do anything they desire, so long as they cause no direct harm to others.
    No system is perfect because human beings are not perfect. But for all its faults, our Constitutional freedom is better than any of the alternatives.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

It's called freedom of speech, right to peaceable assembly, freedom of association, etc. :shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.