if there was an opposite to the borg

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by fathom24, Jun 6, 2007.

1. fathom24 Guest

Is there an opposite to the borg? If there is would we call them the cy, and would they bbe like hippies because the borg are all straight up follo orders, so would their opposite be hippies? tell the world what you think we all would like to know. shoot

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

All I know is that the Borg would get there ass beat by Necrons and i'm not to sure but I guess they would be happy all the time and never fallow orders

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fathom24 Guest

i agree the necrons would kick A. wo bassicly hippies in a van compared to the borg(robots in a line walking in perfect harmony)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

The closest opposite to the Borg would likely be Babylon 5's Shadows. They live for chaos, and use biologically based technology.

8. fathom24 Guest

that would be the opposite for sure. cheers :cheers:

9. superstring01 Moderator

The Vorlons also used organic based technology. Geawwwwwd I'd love to meet Kosh (the first one)... get my brains scrambled and re-assembled by him, a la Lyta Alexander.

~String

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Yes they do, so do Species 8472. However, the Shadows are the only ones that are driven by a chaotic philosophy.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

yuzhon vong from star wars...everything organic...even their starships.

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

living organism turning into machines, and multiple minds forming 1 single large one...
    What abouth Cylons their effectivly machines who turn organic and spend a whole deal of their time to make their own minds different

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

ive only watched the first 2 episodes, on vt4....dont know much about it yet.

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

The opposite of the Borg are these guys...

'Steppin' into Eden Yea, brother...
    Steppin' into Eden Yea, brother...
    No more trouble in my body or my mind
    Gonna live like a king on whatever find
    Eat all the fruit and throw away the rind
    Yea, brother...

15. Hard For Kirk Registered Senior Member

mindless ass trolls

16. Hard For Kirk Registered Senior Member

theres allways retarded undead

17. Hard For Kirk Registered Senior Member

18. Hard For Kirk Registered Senior Member

19. Carey Registered Member

I disagree with all of you. The opposite of a Borg (much like the Zerg) would not be sociopolitical - as in militant versus anarchical. Nor would it be biological, even though the biological nature of the collective is what technically defines the Borg. The reference to Cylons, in my opinion, is more suited as a comparison of similarities rather than contradictions. A true comparison of super or subhuman opposites should be based on a being's role in the grand scheme of things. The opposites of a Borg would be an irrational, emotional, frequently misunderstood or alienated and/or empathic being. Such non-humans derive strength from the uniqueness of their passions and emotions rather than from a tried and true, methodical community approach. Better examples of such opposites would be Jean Grey, Peter Petrelli and The Hulk. The most perfect opposite would be the character Gem, or even the Vians (except that they are a collective) who tested her, from Star Trek's "The Empath".

20. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

The opposite to the Borg would be the Grob, who are peace loving and anarchical, individualistic but prone to great heights of emotion. They can't be like hippy's because hippy's believe in something even if its new-age bull crap. Grob's believe in nothing so in effect the Grob's are kind of like whinny Emo's. And need to be punched in the head being pathetic and for having stupid haircuts.

21. Gorlitz Iron Man Registered Senior Member

I thought the Klingons were just about as opposite to the borg as you can get, they are ill disiplined, trying to murder each for advancement, xenaphobic, had archaic rituals and deep sense of honor. I reckon even a Klingon borg would have probarbly ended getting into fights with the rest of them.