If women thought and acted like men, would men like it and respect women?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Aug 26, 2013.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

If they do nothing to lose that respect - of course. In general I start out with respect for everyone. (And men and women are a lot more alike than they are different.)
    Yep. Plenty of people out there who talk down about others. You can find women saying similar things about men.
    Probably nothing; I tend not to hang out with people like that.
    Everyone deserves respect at a basic level. And most men don't think that way.
    See above.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Then you do not have a daughter nor a decent moral sense as you would have your daughter kowtow to a man.

Thanks dad.

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Some have to settle for well worn electrons thanks to their attitude.

I met your last one.

http://imgur.com/a/9NF9T

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Hi wegs

I recall one of my aunts telling her daughters to make sure they were untouched on their wedding day while at the same time telling her son to go out and sow as many wild outs as possible. I was around 23 and though she was stupid as I knew that it took both a male and female to sow oats.

I hope todays mothers are not as dumb.

Marriage is a long haul and a man cannot respect the groupie type of slut that Hollywood is trying to promote.

Many mothers are seeing the writing on the wall and are starting to vocalize their concerns for their children.

http://thesop.org/story/20130826/miley-cyrus-we-get-it-you-are-a-skank-enough-already.html

I wrote on O P on this a while back and basically got shat on for daring to suggest that we were turning out youth into male and female whores.

I think many adults have lost track of what life and sanctity of marriage is supposed to be all about.

Seems that way too many of us want the security of marriage while still wanting to live as singles.

Dignity and duty be damned.

Regards
    DL

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Who is putting this pressure on them?

Not men who think they are owed a little something for the price of a meal and wine.

Is it from mothers who tell their girls not to while telling their boys to pressure girls?

From the media or fashion industry trying to sell all the skanky fashions they can?

What pressure is so ignored that abortion rates are on a steady incline?

The only pressure I see is from fathers who want to protect their daughters while at the same time trying to get to their neighbors daughter into bed.

Regards
    DL

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

On the surface, you are right about Jesus but not if you dig a bit further.

His divorce policy was no divorce. If a woman got beat twice a week or a man 3 times a week, they still had to stay married.

To me that is an anti-love policy that prevents both men and women fro finding a love partner. Something we should all seek and that no one should be denied.

Luckily, about 60% of all Christians ignore that anti-love policy and are divorced.

Somehow they still call themselves Christians while throwing Christs law back in his face.

Regards
    DL

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

You seem pretty angry on this particular topic. You post incessantly on Christianity but ignore the remainder of the religions in the world, many of which have even more misogynist teachings. Did something happen to you at the hands of Christians?

11. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

"Marriage is a long haul and a man cannot respect the groupie type of slut that Hollywood is trying to promote."

Would, could or should the following statement and or opinion be considered as proper or pertinent to this discussion? :

Marriage is a long haul and a woman cannot respect the groupie type of "whore dog" that Hollywood is trying to promote.

Any answers? Possibly any reasoning or thoughts behind any answers?

12. sculptor Valued Senior Member

kowtow?
    Where did you get that from?
    "Eye of the beholder"?

I like strong women.
    I have a domineering personality, and if I had a weak woman we'd always "do it my way" even when I was obviously wrong.
    Every woman I ever loved has been strong willed, and most have been my intellectual and educational peers or better.

kowtow?
    it's a balance thing.

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'm relationship-challenged so my hat is off to anyone here who has a "balanced" relationship and/or marriage.
    Gives me hope. :m:

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Well, many (Catholics) get annulments, which if you're Catholic..it's aka "the marriage that never was."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And, it can be found in the bible as to its validity. But, that's a thread for another time.

What does the divorce rate among christians have to do with your topic?

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

billvon

"If they do nothing to lose that respect".

It rather kills the value of a question when you put a qualifier on it that negates the question.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It was a close thing but no. If anything , I owe my R C heritage quite a bit for helping me as a youth.

As to why I target them; I live in a predominantly Christian country. Why would I target the minority religions?

It does happen that I also put up the odd O P targeting Islam.

Regards
    DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

FFMPOV, it was pertinent to wegs and I as we were talking the media and Hollywood.

Regards
    DL

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

This is not about you.
    Think globally and of your children and grandchildren.

Regards
    DL

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I made a poor choice for my first and set a 16 year limit so that I could give my first son a stable beginning. Something I did not have.

My second wife is more of my soul mate. We still smile at each other for nothing after 22 years.

Regards
    DL

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Just an aside to go with my view of Jesus and his divorce policy. I was also taking a quick shot at any Christian who happened to read it.
    I am relentless. Possibly my sales training that says, never miss an opportunity.

Following any God means following his laws and in this case, ye shall know them by their works says that 60 % of those who say they are Christian, --- Jesus would reject and so do I.

Regards
    DL

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

There does seem to exist a struggle of sorts between men and women. It's not necessarily a struggle for power or whatever. But it's more a struggle to understand the other. We do sometimes speak a different language from one another.
    I think that sexism and such is a degradation of either sex, but there is this push pull sometimes between the sexes. Sometimes, it can be very alluring, other times...disconnecting.

To the point of the OT: not sure this struggle will ever really go away. Sometimes the very thing that causes the struggle, is the very thing that brings two people together.

In other words...we have to learn how to balance the struggle so we can be harmonious in some way.
    Maybe a harmonious dissonance is key?

I don't know if I'm making sense.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Absolutely. Life is better with drama. The trick is to have low key drama. This comes with understanding the other party.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Perturbing each others orbits a bit is good as they return to their orbits after a bit but too much perturbation and the planets lose their way and fall into the sun.

[video=youtube;3XjUFYxSxDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3XjUFYxSxDk[/video]

Regards
    DL

23. birch Valued Senior Member

that may be an observable symptom but it seems to be the case of both those who do and don't respect women. it seems more to be the case 'how' the mother raised the male and what values they raised the male in regard to 'other' females besides her and other people is what determines it to some degree. often, the unsaid attitudes etc is also the most intimate communication and reinforced subconsciously. often a male can respect or treat their mother well because they put her in a 'special' category while regarding other women differently. some women as well as men can pass on a personal value or attitude that only those like them deserve the most respect through prejudice, ego, types of classism, etc, it doesn't even needed to be verbally communicated directly, it's just absorbed. when one has an allegiance to someone, they tend to iinternalize the others positives based on their treatment of them but also their unspoken prejudices, bias, and other unethical values. women can also have internal prejudices, aggression and be mysogynistic just like men against other women or types of women that differ from them, even unconsciously or unspoken and the degree depends on the person. some internal judgementalism may be legitimate and some may not. so a combination of nature of the male and nurture is the influence and what i mean by nurture is also what is not verbally and tacitly communicated as well as communicated, right or not.