"I'm not afraid of anthing"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by shana, Jan 24, 2001.

1. shana Registered Member

Nah, everyone IS afraid of something (even all you macho guys out there). But, maybe we don't need to be afraid of anything. People only fear what they can't explain, such as death. People fear death, that's what all fear is based on. People are afraid of ghosts, because ghosts are dead, and we don't want the same fate. People fear hights, because the fear of falling and dying. People fear people with power, because you don't want to ge hurt, do you??

Everyone's probably been told this hundreds of times, but face your fears, you have nothing to be afraid of. Live every day like it's your first, enjoy and experience everything with all your senses (if possible). PLEASE EVERYONE HAVE FUN!!!!!!!
    Go somewhere with good friends do something ridiculous, and laugh until you hurl, man!

have a great time!!

<3
    shana

even though i don't know everyone in the world- I LOVE u ALL!!

*the only thing that makes me happy is seeing everyone else happy, then my life is complete*

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

There is no way to live without fear...at least not for very long. Fear is a natural part of our composition. It's what keeps us from sticking our hands into pirahna tanks. It's probably what keeps Croc Hunter alive. After all, he seems to know just where to grab the little buggers and nasties he works with. Fear is what makes any rational person decide not to go Rambo on the punk who just shoved a gun into his face.

Fear comes in a variety of levels such as concern ("Be careful on the highway. The roads are slippery..."), caution ("I shouldn't try to cross this bridge. It looks too rickety..."), and terror ("HE'S GOT A GUN!!!"). The only difference between someone who is considered brave or calm and someone who is considered cowardly or even phobic is how much control fear has over their lives.

Having a gun shoved into my face scares me. Losing traction on a rain-slicked freeway at 55mph scares me. Certain altitudinal conditions scare me. Out of these three examples, the last one is the only one that can almost override calmness and common sense in me. When the right conditions exist at the right heights, I can either totally lock-up or else I do combat with an almost irresistable urge to jump. And yet I am considered by my friends and acquaintances as being a very brave, steady person. I live with my fears, as do we all, but I never give them the remote control.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.