Images from the 2003 EmptyV Video Music Awards

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by static76, Aug 29, 2003.

1. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Christina's makeup: $200
    Madonna's plastic surgery: $8,000
    The look on Justin Timberlake's face: Priceless...

Here's Madonna passing the torch to Britney and Christina...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Madonna Kisses Britney and Christina

I don't have TV, but last night, I was able to download the Madonna's MTV performance.
    She kisses Britney and Christina.

lol

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Please, I've kissed a guy before in a more realistic way for a play than either of those kisses.

Ed the sock put it best - "It was like a kiss between cousin's at a family picnic".

Anyone shocked, arroused - or even entertained! - by that kiss needs to get a more interesting life.

8. truth Registered Senior Member

That is not something I would be bragging about.

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Am i the only straight male who wasn't impressed by such a staged and planned kiss? Britney didn't even look motivated to do it.

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

All fucking planned and staged.

11. spookz Banned Banned

feeling threatened guys?

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'll borrow from Maher

I'll borrow from Bill Maher. There are three reasons for that kind of lesbian "experimentation" in public:

(1) Nobody's paying attention to you at the bar
    (2) Nobody's watching your sitcom
    (3) Nobody's buying your sh@tty album

And to borrow further from Mr. Maher: "There's nothing wrong with lesbian experimentation, but it's best reserved to a dorm room at Arizona State University."

Look, I have no problem with it. It doesn't repel me. In fact, there's a bit of an undefined (I can't write it yet because it hasn't concretized) joke for me about lesbianism being preferable and the need of a biological "clock" to compel women to seek comfort in a man.

But it bugs me a little when an issue is treated as if it's shocking; it bugged me as much watching strippers get too close for the law's allowance not because of what they were doing, but because the guys at the bar who saw it every night still thought it was a big deal. What makes a planned marketing stunt like this so distasteful for me is that it relies on exploiting prejudices against a behavior in order to isolate a behavior as shocking and attention-deserving. Hey ... let's see as much of it as women are willing to broadcast. But let's not pretend it's anything particularly special. Breaking barriers on L.A. Law ... that was a vital moment in broadcasting. Ellen DeGeneres? That was a commercial exploitation of lesbianism amid a standard network game: hand a comedian a sitcom, get them out of your hair, cancel them if it fails and never worry about them again. Madonna and the two latest slut-poppers? Get a real game, ladies.

There's also a bit of a joke going on about it in my house right now that has little to do with Madonna, Christian, or Britney. But we're all watching a friend of ours go through her pseudo-bisexual phase for the mere chic. To be honest, the only reason I would be happy to see her going at it with another woman is to know that she's actually going to shut up and figure out what the hell it is she keeps shooting her mouth off about.

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tiassa, for once we agree.

You don't find ugly pop-whores swallowing each other's tounges to be repellent? Dude.

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I would be if they did it out of actual desire...not for ratings.

15. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Like you'd have a chance anyway

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Even if i didn't i'd still be turned on...but yet still i was just indifferent to the whole attempt...all i could say was "ehh..."

I thought having no chance at having such women made them all the more alluring and sensual ehh....

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Why not?
    I would be proud of my acting skill.

As for the "kiss".
    I have a hard time respecting anyone that treats themselves as a product.

That goes for all three of them (and SO many others).

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

19. Marigny Registered Senior Member

LMAO!

Madonna trying to shock the world as always.
    Whether we care or not there's people who are still talking about it. Like us!

Being treated as a product, well, those ladies are doing something RIGHT. Money and fame, talent and energy....hmmm they got something going and it's all material which of course is part of life: something we hate we love to hate, or hate to love!

20. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

This does gross me out.
    Oh I love lesbians, but madonna is old and crusty and this left a sort of "just witnessed pedofilia" taste in my mouth.
    Now if brittney and christina kissed that would be pretty cool, if ashanti and beyonce kissed that would be even cooler and if michelle branch and a michelle branch clone kissed, oh man...
    Also see how awkward and inexperienced brittney seemed? She reminded me of a elementary school couple in the bushes at lunchtime rolled into one anxious slobbering mess.
    Despite popular opinion I always believed her when she said she was a virgin, now I'm sure she was. Was being the key word, but I still think she hasn't had much action in her life.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

22. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

"Oh I love lesbians"
    they are NOT lesbians. do you have any idea how much this annoys "real" lesbians? i do! because i just spoke with my dear friend today and she told me so.

23. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

What's really funny is that Britney was downing listerine backstage after the kiss, and saying that Madonna was "disgusting". At least that's what radio stations were saying.