Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arditezza Banned Banned

What if Xev's post does contain a warning or suggestion from a moderator standpoint. We would miss it because we have been told to skip over her posts because we can't put her on ignore. Do you see the circular logic there?

Point is that Xev is abusive to people. She doesn't care that she is, and revels in. She should not be in a greater position to humiliate people (she can't be ignored, and yet she should be listened to as a moderator) and have the acceptance of the owner of the board as condoned actions. It's still not acceptable to treat people like crap, and be in charge of them as well.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You would miss any important or enlightening message if you put her on ignore just the same if you skipped over her.

How does Xev treat anyone like crap this is the fucking internet, we are all safe and snug typing way and someone spews profanity at you, did that hurt you? Was that anywhere nears as threatening as having that done to you in person? Just sit back and go with it, have fun this is not reality.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

You would NOT if she were not moderator.

Good point, thanks Arditezza. I hate those smug posts, thinking themselves so clever, yet containing no thought.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

the fetus is right. i'm sitting all secure behind my computer screen. how can anyone possibly abuse me from the other side of it? they can't...

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Mine has one and it does the function of your two....take that turkey.

P.S...this thread is intensly retarded....how about actually doing something Sci related instead of follwing worthless pursuits. She will not be booted....no matter what anyone says.

9. Hathor Banned Banned

PORFIRY to XEV

"You are doing a superb job. You are a strong moderator, and our forum owes you a debt of gratitude."

*parody of bush lauding rummy

10. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

There's yet more irony in that this one is more true than what its satirizing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Hathor Banned Banned

strange. you discount the fact that the written word can have an emotional impact? i think wellcookedfetus is merely posturing and is in denial.

the old adage..."sticks and.....words can never hurt me" seems to have emanated from an individual suffering from mental and emotional retardation

*it would be wise not to place too much trust on this so called "security" behind one's computer

12. Arditezza Banned Banned

I know some people forget this, but there are people typing in what's on the "fucking internet" and someone (not me mind you as I think she's as full of shit as she is smart) would take her insults personally. Some people aren't "safe and secure" and since it is a real person insulting them on a forum where we DO talk about real life... then those people are being literally abused. Being tough-skinned is not a percursor to being smart, and there are tons of sensitive people out there that could add greatly to the conversations here but don't want to be berated and humiliated by one of it's moderators.

It's not like this is a place where people come to just "have fun". We come to stimulate our minds with debates and discussions, not poke fun at others and act immature and stupid.

Of course I may be wrong, and the original intention of this forum was to turn away people who think in favor of the "reality tv" crowd we have now that loves to rip the crap out of each other and watch others do the same.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well then some people have security problems is they feel threaten by talking to people on the net. I don't usually go to philosophy sub-forum so I have very little experience in Xev ruining debates with her fowl mouth, But I would love toe see a study on how much she actually effects debates with her insulting.

14. Padma Spankologist Registered Senior Member

You wont need a study. You could just ask me or look back at what she has written me. She is a real nut-job...and I guess I am too. However, it doesn't feel very good when you can't ignore her and you have to see what she writes. For some reason my eyes go directly to her posts out of fear that she may be chipping away at me behind my back. Fuck it if you think I'm insecure, maybe I am, but I am also a human being with real feelings.
    Peace.

15. Bubblecar Registered Senior Member

I don't know much about Xev except for the fact that she did a lot of "cussing" in the Gay Rights thread. The use of inflammatory language of that kind should disqualify one from the role of moderator, in my opinion.

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  16. Hathor Banned Banned

expand please. why should they anyway? do you think the mods moderate each other like they do to the community? where would their bone of contention be?

higher standards for higher ups. your thoughts?

17. Bells Staff Member

I would have assumed that it was self explanatory. And I have no thoughts on why they should. I don't care if they moderate each other or not. They appear to not have a problem with how she moderates. I'm sure if they did, they'd say something. None of them appear to be scared of saying what they think. As for their bone of contention. I'm sure they are more than able to find it on their own and not have everyone else tell them what their bone of contention should be. If you want to know if they moderate each other, ask the mods or Porf.

Isn't that the same everywhere though? Does this happen in SF? I wouldn't know and nor would I really care actually. Why don't you ask a moderator and find out?

18. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

This is a very difficult decision,.......hmm?
    Maybe some nude pics of Xez would help me come to a firm decision.
    No, I'm serious.
    And maybe some of Goofy, and if counsellor drops a few pounds, you too.

19. Hathor Banned Banned

bells

pardon. it appeared that you were quite opinionated and passionate on this topic considering the several, lengthy posts you made in this thread. i assumed you had more to contribute

I wouldn't know and nor would I really care actually

that is too bad. can you not see the inherent hypocrisy of indulging in conduct unbecoming and then expecting others not to do so? how can one ask that a certain decorum be maintained in a particular forum and then go on to flout said decorum in others. that is indicative of a fundamental disrespect towards the forum as a whole and nimbyism at its worst

your expectations of a schizoid role that a mod is called on to play (member/mod) is naive. a mod's input and influence will always carry more weight than a mere member anywhere in the forum. at best there is blurring of roles...authority can be applied indirectly

Why don't you ask a moderator and find out?

well moderators? do you all aspire to a higher standard of conduct that the average member? have there ever been an instance in which xev had been at the receiving end of a mod action? has there been any criticisms of her conduct? however, judging by the outpouring of support by the establishment, i suspect that politics dictates a kneejerk reaction of mutual backscratching and a circling of wagons which is of course, (if i may dare say) a fairly typical, animal like response.

I would have assumed that it was self explanatory.

how so?

I was not aware that moderators had to adhere to some moral code in all forums aside from their own. If that was the case, there wouldn't be any moderators because I don't think anyone would volunteer

that is a sad indictment of the members. i do not buy it

on a side note, racial separatism as espoused by this "exemplary" member/moderator, has in its origins, notions of purity. implicit in that notion are the categories of subhumans. that in turn give rise to.......

ahh so! velly velly clean

freedom of speech does not mean freedom from criticism nor does it mean acceptance.

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  20. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Ummm why? Bad poo poo words scare us people?

Why isn't this thread closed?

Prove where she has fucked up as a mod and then start a new thread which has validity. If she hurt anyones feelings then thats another story...frankly you are a sad person then if she did.

Simply booting off a person from their job, which they obviously do right just because she uses less than friendly language is retarded....

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes I been asking for that evidence for some time. But I don't think anyone is listening.

22. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

There isn't any. The argument is all based on the fact she is assertive with her words. Its sickening to pay so much attention to one user for being rapacious with her words. Grow up.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes but when there have been told that her wording should have no effect they don't see that, their hurt, her fowl mouth hurt their fragile little psyches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.