Imperative

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Bowser, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Is there an imperative (possibly moral imperative) to share one's faith, belief, whatever it might be with others? I mean, if you believed it was the greatest thing ever, wouldn't the best you could do is share it with others?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I certainly think there is a moral imperative for me to share my faith that religion should be abandoned and humans lead out of the delusions they indulge related to religion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That is reasonable and in fact virtuous.
    However sharing your faith in God should be avoided as in most cases it will upset folk and really they don't want to know.
    Consider this.
    Say I thought sex at the beach was the greatest thing ever would that justify me dumping sand on your lawn.
    Think how tiresome you can find someone ranting on about how great they feel now that they have given up smoking....or drinking.
    Besides do you want another believer in the flock who can only divert Gods attention away from hearing your prayers.

On the other hand there is something to be said in trying to explain something that you have running around in your head as in an effort to explain it you may find that it even sounds unbelievable to you.

Just trying to balance your fantastic notions with my entirely level headed approach

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.