Indian Mythology?? Why not History!

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Guru, Nov 22, 2004.

1. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Actually there is nothing to suggest that the Nazca lines were irrigation ducts at all. There is, however, much to suggest that they were ritual in nature or used to represent the worldview of the Nazcans.

The "Adams Bridge" feature of the Palk Straits is a geologic feature and not a constructed one, and it has been studied at length and satisfactorily described by geologists (Nityananda & Jayakumar, 1981). There's no mystery to the Palk Straits. Tombolos are common in the world and the geologic morphology is ideal for one in the Palk Straits. At around 1 mya the dominant hominid species was Homo erectus, who relied on archeulian tools. Hardly the technology capable of constructing a "bridge" across the Palk Straits. The lower sea levels of the period, however, probably made this unnecessary as the tombolo was likely well above water much of the time.

Nandini Nityananda and D.Jayakumar (1981). Proposed Relation between Anomalous Geomagnetic Variations and Tectonic History of South India. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors Vol. 27, pp 223-228.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

The first article is for shit:

1.7 mya there were no humans. Not H. sapiens at any rate. The dominant species of hominid of the time were Homo habilis, which was just finishing a reign that began around 2.4 mya, and Homo erectus, which had just begun his reign at 1.8 mya. The tool industry of these two species was Acheulean and H. erectus probably had use of fire.

I doubt they were either motivated or capable of creating a "bridge" across the Palk Straits. Nor would have had to, since the region is a perfect spot for a natural tombolo.

The second article makes far more sense than the first. It seems unlikely that the tombolo's existance predates the last glaciation. The lowered sea-levels of the Pleistocene would have made an ideal situation for trapping sand in the shallows of the straits fed by the local currents.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. honhaar Registered Member

GURU>>Where r u???

vanished after posting a discussion that lingers for months......!

8. Rick Valued Senior Member

Skinwalker,

That is what is present understanding...science has tendency to be fickle in its theorizations, always remember...ergo to come up with a conjecture might prove to be baneful to its own cause.

thanls.

9. Guru Registered Senior Member

Actually I had not vanished ..was just trying to gather some thoughts as to how the discussion gets sidelined into discussing Nazca lines and Rama's bridge..and not the actual discussion point.

Hinduism can be classed as philosophy or religion ..I don't care till it gets its due respect.

Hinduism has given our civilization lots of scientific, philosophical and cultural knowledge without invading a single country to convert people into believing in their religion. In a written history of over 5000 years we have traded with ancient Eygpt, ancient china ...never once in our history have we attacked any country to spread terrorism. Most people are not even aware that Gautam Bhuddha was a Hindu and most of his philosophy comes from Upanishads and Vedas.

Our Ramayana which is one of the oldest written history books in the world describes south America, port of Spain, north pole and south pole (Read Artic Home of Vedas) ..with mention of vimana ( Flying machines) now why is one book considered as a myth when there is an explanation of how the person reached these places rather than walked on water.

And please do not discuss caste systems on this board I can have another post for that...In Vedas the caste system is not based on discrimination but on explanation of 4 types of human race.

Western culture narrows down any concept to one person one head, one king one terrorist and one saviour which is easy to market to the masses. For instance here in US people are more aware of Hare Krisna sect than Ganesh followers- Why? Because Hare Krisna sect markets their religion by promoting one God and filtering every good deed down to one person which is easily digested by the masses. Remember American history! Has there been a group of killers named in any assassination attempts -successful or unsuccessful? NO!!! just one ..which is easily marketed and sold to masses. Jesus is one of them ..In xianity even the role of trinity is muddled to say it is the same as Jesus...Hinduism talks of Trinity(Bhramh Vishnu Mahesh) and explains the meaning but has never been marketed.

Sorry- I usually like to keep my posts short and to the point...but I guess the follow up was long over due.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  10. Guru Registered Senior Member

I would also like to clarify that when I mean aggressive marketing for Hindu religion I do not mean acting like Christian missionaries or Muslim land grabbers or terrorists.

I just want that draw attention to the sense of complacency in the Hindu community about their religion and culture which is the reason why it is being eroded by the staunch hard liners (be it Xians or Muslims). Xians and Muslims feel it is their birth right to paint all the other religions as false and spread the "LOVE" of conversion. I hate people who under the guise of love or terror try to suppress other people's religion. Why do the missionaries in India and Africa target little children by giving them food and asking them to hold bible with the other. Why not just give them food and allow them to grow into their own religion. Is this not pedophilia? are you not raping the child's brain into following your own passion ..does this not give these FU@#ers a hard on seeing a little child convert.

11. Rick Valued Senior Member

The point is not about getting respect.We Hindus do not demand respect for our relegion,since its not in our veins of the relegion...the point is how much knowledge you can gain from each of the world's relegions...

12. Guru Registered Senior Member

Zion you make my point stronger ...do you see what I mean my Hindus being complacent. You want to learn more about other religions in the world to make your life better..I understand where you coming from ...but do you realize that other religions in the world care two hoots about hindu religion and want to convert every living hindu on this planet.

You know why India was attacked by Muslim rulers, Portugese, British and even now we are being attacked by Muslims in Kashmir and Christians in NE. It is because we are standing there with open arms and with our shorts down..please hug us then fuck us in the ass...people like you would not mind getting your daughters or son falling prey to these fuckers who come to India for converting people and feel they are spreading God's love. First learn about your religion try to respect your religion and protect your religion and then try to learn about other religion. Don't be proud about not asking people to respect your religion.

13. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Guru,
    Don't you think this approach would erase the line between the so-called aggressive religions and the self-contined Hinduism?
    Isn't it more sensible to attain the same objective using logic?

14. Guru Registered Senior Member

UT
    I do not think so ...I am not asking you to be aggressive against other religion I am just asking that we promote our religion within our community by imparting a sense of protectionism against letting our people be open to conversion without first understanding their own religion.

I would like to share a personal experience...
    I had a friend of mine who was in my school in Florida and she started baby sitting for a xian missionary cum prof. and it so happened that she was convinced by this fucker to convert and she secretly started attending the church and asking stupid questions like she was lingerie shopping for religion ..now I asked her she being a Hindu to go back to her roots and do more research but she was influenced by the media that the only tru religion is one of the Abhrahmic ( Judaism, Xian or Islam) ...and she refused to even consider reading or thinking about her own birth religion ..why because her parents sitting 300 miles away were too complacent about their religion ...
    She converted and the first thing she said was lets go to India and spread love of Jesus ... It is time to open our eyes and be aware that these missionaries are just fuckers in robe ..and want to fuck you out of your religion....respect other religions but you better protect your house.

Thats all I want ....as far as marketing the religion is concerned like I said in this world offence is what works ...Buddhism was more prevalent than any other religion in the world look where it is right now ...

15. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

I always interepreted that as meaning that the strong woudl quickly ascend to higher realms, and the pathetic remnants would inherit this shithole...

16. kmguru Staff Member

Strong in what way?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No it means that what is sometimes precieved as strength, ie, violence, domination, intimidation, etc... is not true strength. They will live by the gun and die by the gun, and the peaceful people, farmers and craftsmen, artists, and people that live appropriately will survive as they always have.

18. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

That's the part that's open to interpretation, isn't it? :m: