Introduction(Zdravstvuite)

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Science Contingencies, May 1, 2007.

1. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Interesting, what would Voenno Kosmicheskii Sil' want to use philosophers for?
    Some dastardly plot?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Don't be silly, we're all friends now.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

At times like this, your humor is helpful.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Oh noooo! You're going to end up as the target for the woowoos and their Tesla Cannon theories if they see you saying that. Tom Bearden will have your name and number faster than you can say "vodka".
    So what does a philosopher have to do with Tesla's works? Or are you looking at the psychology/ philosophy of the nutters than believe he invented free energy machines etc.?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Humour is always helpful, one way or another - it's a philosophical viewpoint.

8. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

Hmmm,

without imprisioning myself, I can assure you it is more of a xenosociobiological experiment.

Though, the psychoanalytic perspective of the idea is quite enjoyable to look into.

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, the "xenosociobiological" bit is going to start alarm bells ringing as well. You are going to be a total wet dream for most of the woowoos around here.
    Basically it's going to be "We have a Russian scientist [=foreign spy] working for Russian Intelligence [=double spy] and VKS [links with off-worlders AND a spy] doing xeno-something [= proof of real aliens] while working on Tesla cannons [= the type that's destroying American weather patterns and space shuttles]".
    You, my friend, are in for a hard ride from certain quarters.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Deleted

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  11. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

Will I stand with support from philo-scientific minds, or will I be attacked without mercy?

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Both I suspect.
    Attack without mercy is par for the course, but mainly only if you make statements without supporting data, or controversial political/ religious comments.
    But the majority here are rational (although they'd deny it just for the laugh) and willing to listen if you can provide evidence. Which why the woowoos swarm and retreat. They keep coming back, or we get new ones, and they will latch onto your every statement as "proof" that their delusions are real and justified.

13. Roman Banned Banned

Hahaha, xenosociobiological experiments.
    He's making UFOs!

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Roman, NO! I said the woowoos would come crawling out of the woodwork, not the piss-takers. Get back in your box!

15. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

An interesting composition is the one posted by my friend Carl Sagan(Anti-Reductionalism)

This would better explain my foundation conceptions.

No the moon is NOT a U.F.O.

16. draqon Banned Banned

Slish bratan Mr. Science Contigencies, ti...vi otkuda?

17. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

Почему Вы используете различный язык?

I would rather have you speak other languages correctly, this means please refrain from adding an american touch to them.

Я предпочитаю сделать так, чтобы Вы говорили на других языках правильно, это означает, пожалуйста воздержитесь от добавления американского контакта к ним.

(I would rather have you speak other languages correctly, this means please refrain from adding an american touch to them).

Note, that I mean little disrespect

18. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

I read today, The Theory of Everything by Stephen W. Hawking.
    Any comments about his work on the infinite density of Black Holes?
    Any objections?

19. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

Thread Update

I am also opening and expanding this thread to more than astronomy and cosmological physics. It has just grown to encompass wirelesstransmission.
    Please share any knowledge you may have on the topic

20. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

For the sake of elaboration, can you better explain the particulars of your intrest?

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I'm not exactly qualified to comment on his work, and haven't read that one yet. Deutsch had one with the same title - though a different overall topic I think.
    What I've read of Hawking's work in other books seems to make sense, and I can't think of any objections.
    Hawking seems to jump between too simple for the general reader (sorry, general science reader, not best-seller reader) and too complex, (Nature of Space and Time with Penrose got a little bit involved for me).
    But it was basically a good thing he had the book in the best-seller list, IMO.

Most of Hawking's stuff has been summarised by SF writers (Niven and Pournelle particularly) and is generally fascinating, unfortunately with little direct use to me...

22. Science Contingencies Science Contingencies Registered Senior Member

Personally, without scientific judgement, do you think Black Holes are logical?

Now, I know logic is a factor of science philosophically, but base your answer on socio-logic and understanding. Just use your sociological imagination.

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Logical?
    A star can collapse, yes?
    If the mass is great enough what prevents its total collapse?
    That's the logical.
    I suppose "feeling" would be that it's not possible, it's too far out of personal experience, and as an engineer I tend to be an empiricist more than anything. If I haven't seen it/ done then I don't actually trust it until I get to use it for myself.
    But I can't try EVERYTHING personally, and the mathematics works...
    Where is this going (if it is leading to something other than just question/ response)? (Out of interest).