IRAQ is NOT about Oil

Discussion in 'World Events' started by postoak, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Brad,

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." — George W. Bush, Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

How about that??? A person who has degrees from both Harvard AND Yale doesn't know that it's the judicial branch of the government that interprets laws and NOT the executive branch. It appears that his degrees don't mean much.

What does Bushy have to do to convince you that he's an idiot? Does he have to jump up and down like a monkey???

Tom

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Coldrake,

Name another politician who said as many stupid things as Bushy has in the last four years.

Do you think that it's a coincidence that everytime Bushy opens his mouth he says something stupid, or is there there something behind it? It's mathematically improbable that Bushy is a smart guy who always keeps saying stupid things.

And by the way, all those quotes on that "political humor" website are real. I heard a lot of them from Bushy's own mouth.

Tom

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

war = control; depleted uranium

my point is that it's about controlling the population & the planet, and you do that by owning everything. the Bush administration wants to rule the world just like Saddamned does, so to say that this war is not about controlling the middle eastern land is like saying war is about "taking down evil doers everywhere!" nobody fights a war to get peace, it's an absurd concept and anyone smart enough to get out of an Ivy League school alive knows that. they also know that if they're gonna run for president, they better tell people what they wanna hear.

no, we're not trying to stop Saddamned from hurting his own people. our gov't could care less about Iraqi families. hasn't anyone here read or heard about the Depleted Uranium project that went on during the Gulf War? look up Dr. Doug Rokke, former head of the Pentagon's Depleted Uranium Project . crazy stuff. we left the Middle East a wasteland. and then we have the gaul to say it's all Saddamned's fault.

i don't support Hussein, but i definitely don't support the U.S. gov't who prioritizes profits over human lives. i don't care what color you are, you don't deserve to be eaten alive by chemical waste, and when our own soldiers are receiving no medical attention for the same illnesses we left Iraq with, it's obvious the U.S. gov't doesn't care about even its own people.

IT'S A HYPOCRISY WE WILL PAY FOR WITH OUR BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S LIVES WHEN WE INVADE IRAQ ON THE 27th.

zack

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

and just so you know

i don't get my information from Bush humor sites.

zack

8. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

zechaeriah,

Sometimes innocence isn't bliss.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Tom

9. You Killed Jesus 14/88 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, because the USA has been so effective in instituting democracy throughout the globe.

10. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Do you mean the last 4 years or doing a 4 year period? If the latter, Dan Quayle for openers. If you meant the former, I don't know. Name another politician that has a microphone in front of his face as Bush on a regular basis.

Put a microphone in front of your face every day and let reporters ask you questions you're not always prepared for and total the number of fupas you make daily.

This quote goes a long way towards confirming what I just said, except of course you didn't have a mike in front of your face and I'm not a reporter.

And you can, of course, prove that mathematical improbability how...?

And I think it's humorous that you keep extending this thread going on about Bush being dumb. This thread started about whether the proposed war is about oil. Can we get back to topic?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2003
  11. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

DID YOU KNOW

talk about ignorance... i don't think ANYONE thinks that's what the Bush Admin is up to.

argeed. now let me ask you this:

DID YOU KNOW that the U.S. is responsible for training a huge number of South & Central America's paramilitary leaders who have been incarcerated for assassinating union leaders for decades (see: School of Americas, Fort Benning, Georgia)?

DID YOU KNOW that the U.S. is responsible for turning Iraqi soil into a waste land of Depleted Uranium, an extremely toxic biochemical tested on U.S. & Iraqi soldiers duringthe Gulf War, leaving not only thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians dying of depleted uranium posioning but even OUR OWN U.S. SOLDIERS (see: Dr. Doug Rokke, former head of Pentagon Depleted Uranium Project)?

DID YOU KNOW (and this is an easy one!) that the U.S. dropped a nuclear bomb on Nagasaki & Hiroshima to "end WWII", leaving a wasteland of nuclear radiation, thousands dying?

it's like you don't even realize that the U.S. does not worry for a second about civilian casualties. in fact, Iraq lost over 1 MILLION people in the Gulf War. that's way more than Saddam Hussein himself can take credit for because who went to war with Iraq back then? the U.S., led by Bush Sr.

so, no, we're not going in to protect anybody, we're going in to destroy and conquer. and if you take a look at these citings i have posted, do a little research and find out what OTHER acts of terrorism the U.S. has committed (ie. Bosnia, Mexico, Kosovo, etc.) and the dimishing civil rights we have (see: Homeland Security Act), i think you'll start to understand that Saddam is not the ONLY "expansionist and murderous dictator" with "bio-chemical weapons" on this planet. (it erks me that it's apparently ok that WE have weapons of mass destruction but it's not ok for anybody else!)

see You Killed Jesus' last post...

you are sooooo jaded by U.S. pro-war propaganda it's not even funny. it's scary actually, that you or anyone is believing a gov't that suppresses, and won't admit to, their own acts of terrorism.

i agree that war issues are complex, but in the end, it's about money and power. when was the last time we turned a country to democracy? when was the last time we "stopped evil-doers", like Bush claims we're going to do, and then took our noses out of it? we're Big Brother to the rest of the world. if you for some reason automatically trust people who don't give you any reasons for their acts (especially violent acts) then you're a pawn in their game and you have NO value to democracy.

i don't respect your views, i think they are bull@#&$. we're about to send our brothers and sisters over to risk their lives for us for oil, it's all there-- Enron funded the Bush campaign, Bush lied about knowing who Kenneth Lay was after Lay admitted to being a "shadow advisor to the president" during Bush's campaign, every other person in the whitehouse right now is PRO-OIL, Iraq has one of the, if not THE largest oil reserves in the world, we killed over a million innocent Iraqis during the Gulf War, and we're NOT going to war over oil, rather to save innocent Iraqi families from dictatorship?

you gotta be kidding!! you just GOTTA be... i don't believe that anyone would seriously be supporting thiss. i am in denial that our country is full of such retards.

12. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

zech

I strongly suspect that every member of your family (past and present) never risked their lives for anything. Your pissed because because our military is going to risk their lives for oil? Why don't you throw away all your manufactured goods and live in a shack out in the woods? It is YOUR insistence on using goods that require oil that is fuels our need to protect our resources. You are like a big fat hog at the trough bitching (between mouthfuls of slop) because the farmer plowed over 50 acres of woodland to produce the slop for you. Its kind of hard to take you seriously when you are the primary reason for the destruction in the first place. Now if you do move into a shack on live off the land and don't use oil products, maybe than we can take you seriously.

PS. Tiassa, I have evolved since then. It is nice to see that you haven't.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Brad

I hope you're correct. Should I take that on faith, though?
    You've proven yourself such an expert on that.

Publicly recant your calls for genocide, and perhaps give us some insight on your perspective regarding American foreign policy and its detriment to people abroad. I'm happy to give you fair consideration.

thanx,
    Tiassa

14. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

Re: zech

actually, both my granddads were in WWII, my dad was in the army reserves, my uncle's a marine, and i have close friends who are serving right now, so nice try on the accusations, but the very fact that my grandfather still has nightmares from it is a big reason i think it sucks that our families are going out to serve. luckily, i have not lost a relative, but now i fear my friends in the marines and navy are going to die. that sucks.

Brad, i agree with you. it is the fact that we are all using those goods that makes me really angry. i have considered that very idea of living in a shack in the woods and the reason i haven't is because boycotting everything simply isn't realistic. i would have to stop taking medication for my psoriasis because it contains oil. i would have to stop washing my hair with soap. there's only so much you can boycott before you suddenly live in the third world yourself, and i don't think that's the point of America. if i'm gonna fight for freedom and justice, i can't do it from a shack in the woods, nor can i do it without being a part of the system itself. i believe change needs to be made within the system, and that is why i live the way i do. i try my hardest to use alternatives and i'm trying to promote the same for others.

anyways, this is the whole point of my argument that you seem to be missing: we're FORCED to use these materials and then we're FORCED to go to war and kill/die for them. the people who lead the system (i.e. congress, pentagon, big corporations, banks) are making it almost impossible to live another way and still be a citizen of the U.S. it's almost mandatory that you steal and pillage the third world just to be a U.S. citizen. THAT is what i am mad at.

Brad, if you consider yourself evolved, i'd hate to see your children.

15. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

It’s a good point I think. We could always buy the oil; that’s a novel concept. Safe to say it will be for sale as long as it lasts. There is competition within OPEC that puts downward pressure on price. If they became a true monopoly and overcharged, then we could trot out the military. The U.S. is not protecting a resource. It’s maximizing the profit to Bush Oil.

I just read an article about how the Bush administration is promoting a tax code change to allow the largest SUVs to be tax deductible for business in the first year rather than amortized over many years like now. More fuel-efficient cars will not get the tax break. Coincidence? Expect to see pizzas delivered by a Hummer.

16. zechaeriah Registered Senior Member

ok, that just takes the cake. what more proof do you need that it's about oil??

17. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

zechaeriah, great stuff!

I agree with most of your interventions in this subject by the fact that there’s hardly a single lie. You know it, I know it and most of the people I encountered oversees know it too.

Our history concerning foreign policies is totally black and shameful. At times I wonder who is to blame or when everything did began to get wrong. In the 30’s? Perhaps, the days of the Rockefellers?, way not.

Concerning Bush, 50% of our population didn’t show up, from the 50% that did vote, there was approximately 50/50 for Bush. This means that with a maximum vote of ¼ this fanatic is driving us to an irreversible maddens. At the end, there is no one to blame but our own ways, our values, our immigrant baseless culture.

I however don’t seat back and find this world hopeless, I am aware as you are of the massive underground powers that are steering our world. I once decided that if I could see a corrupted capital-power driven system, a self centered political system, were power and wealth is beyond right and wrong, justices or injustices. Decided in honor of JFK to use my brain in finding the holes within the system. I have no obligations to any society and can relocate to any part of this world in short notice.

I don’t only bitch about things; I actually end up preparing and doing something for my freedom of choice from an early age.

Yes, no government is perfect, but is there any other democracy out there as perfectly imperfect as ours??

18. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

A sidenote

If 50% of the U.S. voted 50% for Bush, the odds approach a billion to one that 50% of all U.S. adults supported Bush. The odds are the opposite, approaching one in a billion, that the other 50% would have made a significant difference had they voted.

19. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Microzoft -

<i>Decided in honor of JFK to use my brain in finding the holes within the system.</i>

While I applaud your resolution, why would you do it in honor of JFK? Just curious.

20. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

The way he handled the “Operation Northwoods” . The way in which he tried to proof (by printing Gover. Dollars) that the Federal Reserve and cronies are actually running the real country’s affairs.

To my view and considering those difficult times, he was like a Lonranger, he new that he was swimming against the current and risking what eventually took place.

I can not recall any other president that resigned from the comfortable conveniences of the post and took a chance at making the difference.

..just my view!

:m:

21. nedkelly Registered Member

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/oil/story/0,11319,875712,00.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    US oil stocks evaporate to 27-year low

Heather Stewart
    Thursday January 16, 2003
    The Guardian

Crude oil stocks in America have run dangerously low, raising fears that the government will be forced to tap its strategic reserves even before any full-blown conflict with Iraq.

Inventories are down to their second-lowest level since records began in 1976 as the oil workers' strike in Venezuela holds back supply, the US department of energy revealed yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is scary when "conspiracy theories" start to look more likely

In the middle of the "war on terror", it seems like Bush is going on a recruiting drive for Al Queada. Boggles the mind really.

After todays drum beating my bet is a war within 2 weeks.

22. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

OK, I understand, but, and this is just my opinion, I don't think he was in office long enough for us to really judge him. And let me sa before I criticize him that I'm neither Democrat or Republican. I despise political parties and general vote for the individual, having voted both ways in elections. But people talk about Bush getting elected because of his dad's politcal power. JFK's dad, Joe, was one of the most poweful men of that era and a lot of people firmly believe that Joe bought the election for Jack. They made a lot of promises to the Teamsters to get that union's votes, which was a big factor in winning the election, but later reneged and let Bobby, as attorney general, attack the Teamsters. That is also why a lot of people consider the Teamsters as the conspiracy behind the assassination. And could perhaps explain Bobby's assassination 6 years later. Kennedy pretty much screwed the Cuban nationals at the Bay of Pigs, after giving the go ahead for the mission then calling off US support without letting the Cubans know, which of course resulted in death and capture for the entire group. He also OKed US backing for the coup that overthrew Diem, the South Vietnamese president because Diem was not playing ball the way the US wanted him to play.

At any rate, other than the Cuban Missile Crisis, I don't think his foreign policy work was that exemplary. I will say that he did loosen up the conservative Supreme Court by appointing some liberal justices, paving the way for the civil rights changes later in the 60s, so don't get the feeling that I'm completely shooting him down. But I do think he could have done more towards helping black's rights in the South had he chosen, but he didn't, apparently being afraid to take on certain conservative groups in that arena. I don't know; he may have turned out to be a great president. But we'll never know. JMO.

23. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Most of what you are saying it's precise and I do agree
    with to a certain extend on just about all. However, analyzing
    the early years of the coldwar, and the dangerous political
    and military cronies around him it was tough. Now he wasn't
    perfect and he did some wrong or not so optimal things.
    ..My respect for him is in the basics of him reveling against
    invisible powerful institutions and nothing else.

And it goes without saying that my judgment applies strictly to his period before office, and while in short-time office.
    :m: