Is it wrong to be disgusted by homosexuals?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by francois, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

That was the best post I've seen in this thread yet. Finally someone who gets what I am saying. I think you really understand and might be one of the extremely few on these forums who has good reading comprehension. You actually read and understand. Thank you.

I mean. Nah, I get gay people. They're just like the regulars. They're people who eat, want, need, but need and want different things. It's cool. What they need and want are completely fine and okay with me. And I'm a pretty tolerant guy. But damn... maybe I sound like a complaining little bitch, (and honestly I'm tired of being the complaining bitch in this thread), shouldn't they be more understanding (because of the concept of courtesy) to heterosexuals who don't like being hit on, groped, and given bedroom eyes to? I know I'm constantly restating my original thesis. Don't mistake this as me not appreciating your understanding. (Thank goodness someone finally fucking understands what this thread is about.) But shouldn't homosexuals strive to be on the same level of polite society as everyone else? Fuck all of this everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others bullshit.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'd like to remind that heterosexual men don't seem to feel that way about themselves as regards women. Now, obviously, some do, but such behavior is very common in American culture. I think it would be better if we examined the sexually-aggressive undercurrents in our culture at large.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Polite society?
    Where the hell do you live? Mars?
    Shouldn't heterosexual men strive to be polite and not give unwanted attention to hetero women,and vice versa?
    Hmmm maybe everyone should just be "more understanding".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Panjabster Registered Member

Males of alternate sexuality are born with alternate sexuality genes. It's not a disease or a handicap, rather, it's a manifestation of our cherished biological diversity. It is immoral to feel disgust towards this community, just like it's immoral to feel disgust towards people of African discent just because they look different.

8. PansexualPride Registered Member

Yes you are.

Do you assume every woman is straight? That's what I thought, you still hit on them. And also, my brother is gay and he has never done that to anyone, also a compliment is a compliment. You don't have to be gay to give a compliment to a guy.

9. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

This thread is nine years old. I suspect most of the posters haven't even been on the forum during this decade.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I would contend that it isn't "wrong" to be disgusted by someone... I mean, their behavior can still be disgusting, regardless if they are straight, gay, pan, bi, asexual, or omnisexual... the behavior is the problem, not the target of said behavior.

I, as a straight male, would be equally flattered by an attractive woman hitting on/ flirting with me as I would a gay dude; it has nothing to do with returning said affections, but rather appreciating that someone else found me worthwhile of their attention. I would, likewise, be equally irritated by the woman CONTINUING to make advances on me even after I had explained that I am happily married and thus not interested, as I would be by the guy doing so after explaining the same to them and explaining that I do not find myself attracted to men. It has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, and everything to do with an apparent refusal to accept my own.

What two (or more) consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business IMHO. So long as they aren't hurting anyone else (against their wishes anyway... some people are into that *shrug*), then why should anyone be upset by it?

EDIT - aaaand it isn't until after posting that that I noticed the "locked" symbol and realized this thread is positively ancient... well shit, I'm not particularly observant at this hour 0o'

sideshowbob likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.