Is it wrong to have sex for fun, knowing it might possibly lead to an abortion?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

The Shroud of Turin, is clear evidence.

We disagree, Atheism is hopelessness and despair to me, and not to you. So be it.

Knowing how I feel about it, why would you try to bring me into your world view of hopelessness and despair, from my perspective?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Dammit that Jeff Bozo beat me to it: https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=the shrou...217520&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_23g5b0t2kx_b

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The rhetorical method of granting some of your assumptions is a strong one. It saves time. How does a bloody sheet prove that Jesus rose from the dead?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

There are a number of videos on YouTube availabile for your review, if you wish to do a little research.

And also under the name Barry Schwartz or sometimes Schwortz? He even did a Ted Talk if I remember right.

Sort it all out yourself. Decide for yourself!

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Study it critically for yourself and decide for yourself if you wish to, or don’t. That is all I can offer.

As you know, my opinion is only my opinion. It would never help you decide.

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Anyway, a zygote then goes to heaven, in your opinion, if it is your opinion heaven exists.

Correct?

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

"morality" is a slippery and or situational beasty.

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I take back you can't be stupid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope. I am pro-choice. I do not think abortion is positive, nor is it pro-woman.

Per Pew, 60% of woman think abortion should be legal in most or all cases. So the biggest threats to the anti-abortionists are women.
    Yes, it is a very negative thing for some women. Some people make bad choices.
    Yep. And there are even more people who have drinking problems. We still allow people to make the decision to drink on their own.
    Then those people should be told it IS a choice.

Agreed 100%. And no woman should be forced by a government bureaucrat to carry her child to term if she doesn't want to. And no woman should be attacked, shamed and mocked by sanctimonious pro-lifers for making that choice.

Meanwhile you never answered my question.

A child needs a kidney or a liver lobe. You are the only tissue match. The procedure is 98% safe. Should the government force you to donate? If not, how will you live with the guilt and shame of killing a child just because you didn't want to be inconvenienced?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  13. billvon Valued Senior Member

A local artist confessed to forging the Shroud of Turin in 1390. Radiocarbon dating has put the date for the shroud's fabric between 1260 and 1390. So unless Jesus died around 1250, it's not the burial shroud of Christ.

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Seems like we have a Jan +

Time to up my Iggy count

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm trying to have a sincere and respectful discussion on the evidence you said was there. Why won't you defend it? Lots of people die and leave bloody clothing. How does this show Jesus' resurrection?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That doesn't even matter. How does it prove a resurrection?

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? It doesn't. Indeed, it looks like it didn't even exist until about 1200 years after he died.

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

The image on the cloth, is a negative, but is not a photographic negative. It has 3d information imbedded in the image itself. It is also not a painted image either.

How then was it forged?

There were other copies made of it that were indeed paintings. But the original was not.

Correct, the dating of the cloth was a problem for a while but has been explained, according to the main scientist involved with that aspect of it.

Look at the data from the studies that were done.

Weigh both sides, and use your own brain, you are clearly a brilliant person. Decide for yourself.

Check out videos of lectures given by Barry Swartz on YouTube, if you really want to evaluate it carefully.

Barry is the expert on it because he was there, at the time it was being studied. I was not.

Trying to help as much as I can, but obviously you should not rely on me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I don't see anything that BwS said that could have warranted this kind of response (though, for all I know, you guys might have a history).
    Since, from what I've seen, neither of you are inherently mean or violent, it makes me wonder if at least one of you misinterpreted the other's words.
    Any chance?

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

It's not a forgery, since there was no claim of an original before the artist created it. Nor was it mentioned by any account of Christ's death before 1300 or so. The artist likely painted it with dissolved iron oxide, a common pigment used around 1300.

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

At the risk of speaking for him, I'm gonna say he has, he is and he did.

As did many others.

It's a curiosity, but it's not evidence of any resurrection. That is, it's not evidence in a critical analysis - it would certainly be tempting if one started with the premise that the resurrection happened and went looking for things that could conceivably corroborate it, no matter how remote.

22. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

Okay, so we can agree that if the circumstances were not appropriate, then you and I probably wouldn't risk/give our lives for another. There are circumstances to be considered, after all.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Because many atheist's worldviews are hopeful and positive, even if you don't understand them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.