Ishmael

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Corp.Hudson, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Have any of you jerkoffs read Ishmael yet?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Stopped reading comic books about the time I discovered how much fun it was to jerkoff. Guess I was around nine, or ten, or maybe eleven. Whatever.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

It is every persons duty as a human being to read the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.

Go down to your library and get it. Like today.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Read about a third of it before deciding I couldn't handle anymore talking to an ape (or was it a gorilla?) who had all the answers.

I would strongly recommend that if you want insight into the human condition you read The Human Comedy or Stranger in a Strange Land (preferably both) and all of Mark Twain ... and throw in a little Voltaire while you're at it.

8. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

cheese21

I have read a lot of Twain, and enjoyed it, but it just doesnt have the same weight as all of Quinn's work. If you couldnt get in to Ishmael, I suggest you check out Quinn's latest masterpiece, After Dachau. It doesn't pretend to have all the answers, and there are no giant gorillas

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Also, I have read a couple of summaries of Voltaires philosophy, and keep meaning to check him out. Just never have the time. Next on my plate is The Republic of Plato. Bleh

9. kmguru Staff Member

At the end of the day, when all said and done, you can not have an onesided coin. You can not have only "day" and no "night". So argue if you must but enjoy both aspect of human psyche.

For:

You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees & the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.