Islam Got It First...

Discussion in 'History' started by Shadow1, Jan 23, 2010.

?

what? uuh, what?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2013.
  1. uuuh...

75.0%
  2. whatever

25.0%
  3. hmm...i told you...

50.0%
  4. what?

25.0%
  5. ...

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

the origine of arabs is sumerian also the origin of the first jews,
    arabic and hewreb, have teh same origine,
    in arabic, we call arabic, alarabya, and hebrew, alirya, they look like each other, just one two letters changed it's places,
    i'm not goign to say islam discoer it like soem people thoght that when i wright islam got it first, i mean the arabic civilisation, also, the arabic civilisation, is a mixte of every culture, mixed them all together, learned their knoledge, and developed it, some people say that we got mthemathiques by invading pursia, but in fact, we never did, we didnt invade pursia, but because peasian became muslims, but effcorse independent from us and have their own rulers, and a similar culture because of islam, pearsian in the past were the arabs friends, pearsian invented mathematiques, and arabs learned it from them, and they developped it,
    the arabic univerceties in teh past, didnt just allowed muslim to study there, anyone can, what ever his nationality or his origin culture, so the arabic univercities had students and discovers from pearsians, arabs, north african, kairouan(wich it's an arabic city built by arabs, that have a race mixed between berber(the original people of northafrica) and arabs))
    the arabic scientist, before they started to invent so much things, they got knoledge from other civilisations, and they developed it, and added on it,
    arabs were the first who maked medical surgeries, they had their surgery tools, before europe do, cause europe at that time was in it's dark ages,
    also, there's an arabic scientist, who invented a motor that works with water, but he didnt know what to do with it, the motor was a ball, with two pipes with a 90° angle from both sides, when the water is boiled, it turn into gas vapor, then it will go out from those pipes, and make the ball turn, i studiet it at school, sorry i don't remember names, cause i'm nto very good at history, but i'll post next time a topic about the arab inventers,
    they also disocered that the earth is round and turns aroudn the sun, before europe do, it's already mentioned in the quran also,

here's a link for more inventions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inventions_in_medieval_Islam

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

you may be true tht arabs did find this oen here in other civilisations and developed it, but there's also much and much more inventions, you can find hundrends of sites that say that and say what were they, i posted another post from wikipedia for you,
    but, do you think that all those inventions in that link, got it from other civilisations, that they didnt even heard of most of them?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

By your title I had the impression you were making a claim that Islam was in someway helpful in progressing civilization, such as science and math.

So, I asked if you could list 5 cities that Muslim Arabs founded and built?
    OK, Kairouan yes, this is an example of a city founded by and built by Muslims.I have to say, I had never heard of this city. But, I read a bit on wiki.

Any others?

One thing I found interesting while reading about Mecca. Did you know that during the reigns of Uthman Ibn Affan (c. 579-656) and Umar (c. 586-590-644 CE) flooding was a large problem in Mecca. Unfortunately, Arab Muslims didn't really know how to build and maintain cities - this is because they were generally a nomadic people. And so they called in and paid Christian engineers to build barrages in the low-lying quarters and construct dykes and embankments to protect the area round the Kaaba.

I guess when it comes to protecting Mecca we could say: Christians did it first.

Pretty interesting huh?

It also makes me wonder how the most famous Arab Muslim city Baghdad, which was founded about 20 minutes outside of the eternal Persian Capitol, was built? Was it really built by Arab Muslims - the same people who couldn't even build a dike to protect Mecca? Something to think about.

That aside, I like the idea of learning about Arab history BEFORE Islam. It's just too bad that the people who used Islam did such a good job of destroying and denigrating almost all aspects of Arab civilization before Islam. For example, did you know there was once an Arab Roman Emperor? Did you know that Arabs lived in England BEFORE Islam? Interesting huh?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Were Arabs and "Jews" (Arab Jews?) both Sumerian?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well, the middle east is where civilization started, so one would expect middle eastern cultures to have the first accomplishments in terms of invention. The Chinese people were also quite inventive. Too bad religion ran into a built in limitation on assimilating any new information that contradicted religious dogma. We would have had colonies on Mars by now.

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

first: while arabs and chinese and the rest of asia were inventing and studying phelosophy and maths and astronomy, europe, that means chritians, were living in trees, having wars killing each others, and all thos stuff, so, how can you say, that chiritians designed and invented every thing for us,
    second:
    the muslim civilisation, that invented all that, ARE ARABS, try to educated your self mister,
    third:
    baghdad was built by arabs, kairouan also, media also,
    so as for mecca, so as for all the other cities in the saudi arabia,
    arabs in that time were muslims,
    so when i say the muslim civilisations inventions or cities, i mean, the arab inventions and cities, ok?
    forth:
    both jews and muslims, the hebrew and the arabic, have teh same rute, ok?

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

http://www.2747.com/2747/world/city/bagdad.htm

before starting accusing, make sure of what are you saying, try to make a search before that,
    and you're talking, like chiristians are angles, and the onyl civilisations builders, that saved the world!! oh my!! they never did anythign bad!! oh my! never killed a sol!!! oh my god!!:bugeye:

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Shadow1,

I'm not saying that Christianity invented anything. Christians may have invented a thing or two, but not because of Christianity.

Secondly, Arabs were at war just as much as Christians.

Thirdly, simply list 5 MAJOR cities that the Arab Muslims founded and build.

Just out of curiosity, when you look at your life and you look all the inventions in - who made most of this stuff?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm if I reduce everything to the decimal and the use of the zero, it would be the Arabs.

The others simply plagiarised their work and built upon it.

Seriously where would bits and bytes be without a zero?

How would anything in modern life make sense without a decimal?

Hospitals, schools, scholarships, the principle of innocent until proved guilty, being judged by evidence and scholars rather than kings, the scientific method and empiricism, citation and according due recognition for work done. Why my entire life is based on Islam!

13. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

The "Zero" comes from ancient sumerian. It was lying there in the dirt right under their feet waiting to be discovered!
    The Babylonians were known to have used a space as a placeholder for empty "columns" as far back as 1700 BC.
    Around 1400 years later, they developed the first known symbol to stand for an empty place. It looked something like YY.

It didn't actually stand for the number we know as "zero." It was never used alone. It was only a place holder.
    The Mayan culture developed a symbol for the number zero, probably independently of the Babylonians, sometime later.

Do not be misinformed, Nothing progressive ever came out from Islam!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

not came from the relegion islam, came for the people,

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Excuse my ignorance, it's chronic. Does Arabic use capital letters? Do they have an equivalent to the full stop, or period? Just asking.

16. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

you mean gramaticly in the language?
    no we don't have big letter like those :"A,B,C,D,E,D..." no, all letters are similar, but it depends on the position of teh letter in teh word, or teh phrase,
    and yes, we use teh poin"." and this and everyting , ; : ...
    ! ?
    so yes

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But not Islam, with its special advantages. It, and they, have been with us for a thousand years.

In that time, a great many things discovered, rediscovered, and plagiarized among Islamic peoples have been rediscovered, as well as plagiarized, by non-Islamic peoples. The plagiarizing has also happened recently - on a huge scale - vice versa, but not the rediscovery.

Back a few years, before the more recent European influences and the influx of wealth etc, the list of countries in which men outlived women on average was longer than now - and dominated by Islamic countries. Not by colonial, encroached, oppressed, miserable countries - they had short lifespans, but normally distributed - but by Islamic countries. It's about as severe an indictment of an ideology as one can imagine, eh?

The arrogance, senseless wholesale destruction, and lack of gratitude or attribution common to the scourge of Western imperialism is a great evil. That does not make "innocent until proven guilty" a special invention of Islam, much less the number 0.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You'd never know SAM was Indian would you? She probably thinks Arabic is God's Perfect language too?

- A tradition derived from the decimal system used in Indian mathematics.
    - Regular usage can be attributed to a Persian mathematician. You should probably have knowledge of him? More than likely he was raised Zoroastrian and then (might have) "converted" in order to live in the then conquered Persia.
    - "Arabic" numerals - the ten digits (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) were derived from Indian mathematicians.

Lets see now, electricity, computer, telephone, radio, microwave, television, airplane, automobile, trains, medicine, light bulbs, glass windows, engines, spaceships, genetics, calculus, advanced physics, atomic structure, basically the entire modern world ...

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And? Did anyone learn it from the ancient Indians? Not even the Indians, I'm afraid.

Da Vinci painstakingly outlined the human body through autopsies but no one benefited from his knowledge ether.

Ah yes, genocide and slavery does work, doesn't it? Do you recommend this western system of taking all and giving back death and destruction in return?

20. CheskiChips Banned Banned

The arabs were amongst the most uncivilized people in the world, they were killing eachother senselessly until around at least two or three-hundred rules after Mohammed. The Persians had a good early culture - but it wasnt fully endemic, the Indus valley was probably more advanced than Persia, and China wasn't exactly stupid. Europe had as much culture as Persia when Persia was big.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Arabs at their worst have had a reputation for hospitality - India has a relationship with Arab traders going back several thousand years, maybe even ten thousand. And no Indian [or Jewish] historian has ever called them "savages". Even Jews who go from Israel to the West Bank comment on the difference in attitude, the warmth and reception

Jews are genetically closer to Kurds, Turks and Armenians, so they seem to be Indo-Aryan migrants rather than Semitic peoples.

There is an Indian researcher who is working on Pashtun genealogy and there is a possibility that they may turn out to be the origin of the Jewish peoples.

The Taliban as Jews, how ironic would that be?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Nothing on that list, possible exception glass windows, has fundamental roots in genocide or slavery.

None of it was taken from anyone else.

The Western system that produced those things would be worth looking into, and at least borrowing from, one would think. The collection of its accomplishments is nothing short of spectacular.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its a very easy system. It requires at least three generations of wealth and peace accompanied by large stretches of leisure to think. All of which the west has bought at the expense of the rest of the world.

Prior civilisations did not have the same level of bloodthirsty ambition or the ability to reduce everyone else to the level of a subhuman who is expendable. Except perhaps the Egyptians. They didn't do too badly either. Although, I do believe you can assess the merit of a people by the way they behave when the chips are down. Lets see how that goes...