Kerry and Bush related

Discussion in 'Politics' started by travis, Feb 17, 2004.

1. travis Registered Senior Member

Genealogists call
    Bush and Kerry kin
    Big Isle researchers claim
    the president and his top
    opponent are distant cousins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://starbulletin.com/2004/02/16/news/story3.html

By Matt Sedensky
    Associated Press
    Democratic presidential candidates are constantly being compared with the current commander in chief. Now, two Hawaii genealogy buffs say they have proof President Bush and the current Democratic front-runner share similarities thicker than water.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
    President Bush, left, and Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., are also purportedly related to Walt Disney and Marilyn Monroe.

Bruce and Kristine Harrison, publishers of historical databases, traced back the family histories of Bush and Democratic Sen. John Kerry.

The result? They're cousins.

Well, 16th cousins, three times removed, to be exact. But cousins, nonetheless.

Truth be told, one might find such distant family ties between Bush and any of the four other major Democratic candidates.

The link between the president and the Rev. Al Sharpton might date back a bit further, Bruce Harrison said, but tracing ancestries helps illuminate a greater message on human interconnectedness, if not one on the centrification of the nation's politics

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Does this count as dynastic politics, then?

Thanks for the article.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chuck u farley Registered Senior Member

The ramifications of these kinds of investigations are disturbing. Very disturbing. This means that Tiassa and I might be related to each other. Oh my God.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

How the hell did they get their DNA. Please tell me... I didn't read the whole article

8. RonVolk Registered Senior Member

They traced their genealogy through records. The researchers are trying to make the point that technically speaking were all related.
    I kind of think were all inbred too. Everyone has 2 parents 4 grandparents and 8 great-grandparents so if you look back 20 generations you get 1048576 ancestors. If you estimate each generation is about 25 years then 20 generations would be 500 years ago. How many people were there 500 years ago? Worse yet how diverse could our gene's really be considering the lack of transportation for so much of human history?

9. bandwidthbandit Registered Senior Member

You See! You See! It's all a big plot by one powerful family to rule the world!

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Might? The only real question is how far back.

If you're going to worry, the least I can do is make sure you're worrying about the right thing.

11. chuck u farley Registered Senior Member

Hi Cuz:
    Well, no offense, but you could be a little more family-like with your family. I mean, every December, day after day after day, I trudge through the freezing rain to check the mailbox, and never, ever do I get a Christmas card from you. I mean, you should treat me a little better. After all, I'm the only one in the whole damn family that's genuinely interested in your bread clasp collection.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  12. inDecline Registered Member

and if bush and kerry arent related by blood, (which would supprise me) then theyre at least related by intentions (those evil, evil bastards...)

13. Prisme Speak of Ideas, not of things Registered Senior Member

I read in an suspiscious book that almost every presidents of the U.S. were related with the exception of Kenedy, Lincoln and Rosevelt.
    (all got shot... only Rosevelt survived)

Conspiracy theory!!!