Kerry diddled the intern?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 15ofthe19, Feb 12, 2004.

1. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Suppose he did get frisky with a reporter. Will anybody care? Will it hurt him?

It didn't hurt Clinton too bad in '92.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bandwidthbandit Registered Senior Member

After Clinton I think most people are sick of hearing about this kind of thing and will start voting for Edwards as the nominee. If it tuns out to be true Kerry's campaign will likely become paralyzed because he wont be able to get his message out. He will be to busy fending off questions about the scandal. I think if it's true Kerry's campaign is over and even if he manages to get the nomination he would be doomed in the general election. So I hope if it is true it will come out now and we can nominate Edwards and let him focus on defeating Bush in November. I think Edwarrds will have a better shot at defeating Bush than Kerry anyways.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

Democrats are in BIG trouble. Kerry has a huge lead in delegates, and can the DNC now rebuild Dean's reputation after tearing it down so Kerry would win. Edward's strength was the South but they're out of it now, so who knows what will happen.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

If anything it makes Kerry more interesting. Republicans would dog him his whole presidency though. As if unnecessarily ripping apart thousands of kids in Iraq was nothing.

8. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Heheh... prodding.

One of the advantages of a long primary campaign in which the ultimate nominee is not identified until late in the process is that there's ample opportunity for the competitors to investigate one another and drag out any candidate-killing scandals like this. If the primaries are effectively concluded before a completely rigorous vetting process, it's more likely that some unaired bombshell remains to be detonated in the ensuing general election campaign.

On the other hand, all I see is another idiotic sex scandal that continues to show the world that the US is just a collection of Victorian-era prudes.

:m: Peace.

9. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

I think it makes him look MORE presidental.

10. General Sun Registered Member

Here's what I wonder, what will happen in Iraq if Kerry is elected as pred?

Will he pull out all American forces from Iraq + Afaganistan, and let them die into chaos and explosion, or will he pull a Nixon and aggavate the issue more than Bush is.

I hope it's not 1 or 2, both would be equally bad. I think he will make a middle decision, but who knows?

11. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Best choice is, first make the accounting of the oil public so we can see which Friends of Bush are profiting (the true reason for the war). Repeal the executive order that gives Bush Oil companies blanket immunity. Then get the UN more & more involved while gearing up to hold real elections with heavy UN monitoring. Remove US tentacles into the government that make it a puppet state. Not even a Democrat will do the last part.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Nor will he kick the Likud out of the back rooms in the White House and Pentagon.