Length Contraction Debunked

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by MacM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Youngler Registered Member

Length Contraction is only thought in theory and there is no such thing in fact !
    In fact , body or particle moves in system , it expands like a hurricane in the ocean air .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacM Registered Senior Member

We would agree on this.

I have no idea what you are saying here.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Youngler Registered Member

Firstly , what is motion ? Motion is such as fish swiming in water , and it can cause fish change . While fish is swimming , it does not contract but expand .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacM Registered Senior Member

Sorry but I still have no idea what you are saying here.

8. Youngler Registered Member

Here are two questions to you , I know . What cause the swimming thing do expand ? Is there any experimental details to explain this view ? Simply , what cause fish change is just water . What cuase moving thing do expand is gravitational field ( or named aether ) , electric field , magnetic field and other such things . Then why do expand and not do contract ? See a hurricane in ocean air , usually the moving faster one is the greater . Is there any experimental details to withstand this view ? I think you must have known that the faster protons meet one another easilier than the slowlier . An airplane move faster and can be hitten by bullet more easily , you think then , does it become greater or smaller ?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  9. MacM Registered Senior Member

Sorry but this appears as just so much babble.

10. Youngler Registered Member

All right ! However , if we believed this view , we would have understood why the Earth rotated slowlier around itself while it was rotating faster around the Sun . Then we might understand why a moving clock in gravitatinal field worked slowlier only because the clock become greater . I know also , my thought is babble , but withstanding this babble view , I have given not only experimental detail but also theoritical relation .

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  11. MacM Registered Senior Member

See above.

12. Youngler Registered Member

I do not speak English well . You may believe various pure mathematical models . You might give up some chance .

13. MacM Registered Senior Member

That may explain things a bit. However, never sweat I don't speak other languages well either.

I think mathematical models suck big time.

14. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

MacM: "I think mathematical models suck big time."

Amen.

15. Physics Monkey Snow Monkey and Physicist Registered Senior Member

Youngler, I'm afraid experiment has shown you are incorrect. Length contraction is a real physical effect which has been measured in magnetic vortices for example. Though physicists are continuously pushing the boundaries of their own thoeries, special relativity has so far stood the test of time rather well. Furthermore, length contraction is unambiguously a part of special relativity. I would suggest you go to your local bookstore and find a good book on the subject, you will learn a lot of interesting physics.

16. Youngler Registered Member

MacM , I do not know where is here and you do not know where I am from also . Through the computer communication , I know , you like to learn from books or mainstream views with less yourselves . Physics Monkey , thanks a lot , but for many years ago , I have known those experimental details you said here . I think you understand those phenomena too directly . Are you saying that the Sun rotates around the Earth ? We see it everday ! With the same phenomenon , people have many views for themselves . Today we do it also , Don't you think so ? In old days , we had not science , we believe ghost , God . Now science does not answer new many things also , science believe ghost equations also again that can solve the questions in laboratories .

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  17. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Cangas, Everytime soemone brings up the twin paradox I remind them of the resolution of the paradox explained by Feynman and Bohm. The paradox being that the postulate of equivalence of frames allows the earth borne twin to accerlate away and return younger than the space ship twin. Both experts stated that it is the space ship twin that accerated and hence is the one, "really moving", hence the one feeling the age rate dilation. So

when I point this out and apply it to earth born experiments, only the train accelerated, never the embankment, hence we have to exclude thes kinds of experimetns also where the train is assumed at rest. But this effectivley kills the SRT equivalence of inertial frames and becomes a wisp of memory only.
    I have never received a response.
    Geistkiesel ​

18. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

G:

Once while driving in my car, I slightly moved the accelerator and appreciated the substantial change in velocity provided by the bored out and cammed up hot rodded motor. I reflected on how my motor probably had a peak output of about 500 horsepower and more than ample torque in the mid range.

Reflecting upon Special Relativity, it pleased me to think that I could change the angular velocity of the entire massive Earth, double it, in just a very few seconds. And with only 500 ft.lb. ( car talk nomenclature ) of torque or less.

19. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Speak sense, CANGAS.

20. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Length contraction is a fact. I wonder what this thread is doing for so long.

ES

21. MacM Registered Senior Member

Instead of making fiat type statements you might try actually responding to the allegation.

The allegation is length contraction can only exist if you first ignore the emperically demonstrated and declared fact of time dilation of the moving clock used to calculate distance by using d = vt.

That is "t" in the formula is actually t' and has a reduced tick rate which accounts for the entire trip time without length contraction.

22. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Not at all.

Both length contraction and time dilation happen in synch.

They actually compensate each other, so that in own time nothing is happening.

e

s

23. MacM Registered Senior Member

Wow. Just how do you envision that your post even comes close to addressing the issue. It doesn't.