List of United States Atrocities

Discussion in 'History' started by lixluke, Nov 14, 2006.

1. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Well they would still be considered terrorist groups because they used fear and violent tactics to gain their political authority and still continue too

would you say the police use an outragous amount of violence, and fear tactics when not needed?(except maybe the racist, bad day kinda cops) Do you think they need more political authority?

Or the military, wherever you live, do they go and start bombing our streets to get their point across? Do they scare the shit out of you when you go to bed? Are you afraid the police might slam into your house, with a tank provided by the us military outside of your house, because your wife went outside without a man with her?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Dude, you're confused. I'm not saying that the police and army are terrorists, but rather that what distinguishes them from terrorists is not "the use of violence and fear to attain power." Moreover, you seem to agree with me, seeing as you've introduced a slew of qualifiers in your last few posts (ONLY fear and violence, "outrageous amount of violence", capricious attacks on civilians, etc.).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Actually, it's you who has agreed with me, while i carried on this arguement to test your own opinions. While however yes you're right, they do "usually" target civillians and such, it'd be foolish to only label it as such, they could use these tactics on anyone.

Terrorism has so many definitions it's much simpler to label it into a generalization. While even the leading expert on terrorism, my teachers and professors would agree with my definition. You however seem to think it's just not good enough

Why because terrorism means over 100 different meanings, and none of them are entirely incorrect. It's just safe to say terrorism is the act of using violence and fear to gain political and religious influence. You just took my generalization, and tried to make some sort of point out of it. Whilst the only point is, i wasn't wrong, and you were just picking nits.

In my opinion, if it's not broken don't fix it. I.E. If I say something, and it's not wrong it makes no sense to say it's not right.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

It most certainly can be a debate. Any "facts" we post can be debated. Any logic used to make the conclusion that something is an atrocity can be debated.

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

What? You put forth a claim and you personally haven't the goods to support it?

Here's a similar hypothesis: You don't need a partner for sexual gratification.

Show us a good list of all the folks disappointed in your personal preference.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Which claim?
    This is not about debating any claims.
    It is about listing all the atrocities commited by the hugest terror on the planet earth. In chronological order. Massacres, CIA missions, terrorist acts, sabatoge, stealing rich land from poor people etc.

I suggest you discontinue frivolous menderings, and provide a list of the many many many many many many many many countless acts of evil committed by the United States against the people of earth.

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

No, this is about the US. You want to make it seem like the US is the most evil empire of all time.

And what good are listing "atrocities" if some of them might have been taken out of context or just factually wrong? Should we just accept them because CS says they are valid?

11. KingTriad Registered Member

I guess I stumbled on the anti-US forums...im thinking of doing a russian thread but stalin wasnt such a bad guy...

you want a list of english war crimes ? probably not

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

It is not my fault you do not know how to do any research. The US is all about one thing. Terror on earth. Which empire is more evil than the USA? None.

13. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Nor is it our fault you suffer your own brand of intellectually non-rigorous silliness.

Mr. Piss, meet Mr. Wind.

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

15. Alva Urbanus et instructus Registered Senior Member

What's weird, is I never saw Germany any where on that site...

But China killing 35+ million!!!

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The table is organized by region. Within a region, countries are listed in order of their potential for mass killing, by stages. Not all politicides since 1945 appear on this chart because some countries where politicide has occurred have become democracies (e.g. East Germany, Poland, Romania, Mongolia) and are not now at stage 4 or above.

17. Alva Urbanus et instructus Registered Senior Member

Noted.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hell we didn't even make the cut off.

“ Originally Posted by lixluke
    It is not my fault you do not know how to do any research. The US is all about one thing. Terror on earth. Which empire is more evil than the USA? None. ”

http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocidetable2006.htm

19. Alva Urbanus et instructus Registered Senior Member

Look in Iraq, under Killers.

20. lightgigantic Banned Banned

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

you only "know" what has been released.
    there isn't a single agreed upon definition of terrorism.
    see above.
    links?

22. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Because as the founding fathers said "how can we erase liberty and bring misery to all mankind?"

Oh wait. They didn't.

But don't let, you know, "facts" get in your way.

23. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

From watching videos on the internet I have come to the conclusion that "collateral damage" to the US just means "take out the entire building to get rid of a sniper on the roof".