MewSkitty committed suicide

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xerxes, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

So draqon, you think he changed his login for all the sites he was a member of, broke off all contact with his friends, and fabricated newspaper articles?

The Chris Brackner I knew wouldn't do any of that. You're telling me that his whole portrayal of himself was a lie that lasted over 3 years, just for the end result of faking his own suicide? That seems pretty far-fetched to me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Chi.. I do partly agree with you. One should live life fighting to the very end. But you think he had it better than African kids? I think I'd rather have all emotional needs met and miss out on some physical ones than the other way around.
    Mew grew up in a broken family of white trash. He was the half-retarded kid in school. He had no real life friends. His hobby was pokemon FFS. Mew lost hope and love for himself. He did not kill himself for praise.

Is it fair to ask you loved one to live in agonizing emotional pain so that you don't have to? I want to know, why weren't the people who cared about him so much doing more to make sure he didn't go off the rails?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It wouldn't be the first time that someone's pulled such a stunt.

What of the poster that use to go by the name "Howerdstern" here at sciforums, logged in after 9/11 claimed to be his brother and said that he'd been killed in the incident. Turned out he was just pulling everyone's leg which caused a lot of outrage.

When someone kills themselves off as a poster, they can't really do an Elvis tribute and come back.

It's possible that they might of course killed themselves and to be honest I can't give any condolences considering it's a stupid thing to do.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Emptyforceofchi, other people with anti-suicide opinions,

So you're saying that people shouldn't commit suicide, but instead suffer through all of it just to satisfy the needs of some other people?

In my opinion everybody should be able to commit suicide if they wanted it. The right to decide to live or die has by far more weight than the other peoples right not to feel bad.

But yeah killing oneself over a girl is pretty stupid (i just gathered that girl thing from this thread)

I thought that that thread about him being a prophet was a joke/parody. How did he commit suicide anyway?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  8. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

That was real. He had Asperger's syndrome, and was schizophrenic, so he had some strange ideas in his head, which might have even been what kept from killing himself earlier.

It was so much more than that though. The girl was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He had a long life of severe depression and mental disorder. He attempted suicide at least one other time before this.

People say it's "just a girl" or it's "just the internet", but that's all he had. The only thing he really cared about in life was his relationships. He had a lot of trouble making friends in real life. He didn't feel cared-for by his family, so all that was left for him was the internet. When even those relationships failed, he was stripped down to nothing.

I do agree that people have the fundamental right to end their own life whenever they want to. I do disagree with his choice though. If I had known, I would have done everything I reasonably could have to try to stop him. But ultimately he just didn't like living anymore, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

He jumped off an overpass onto hard ground.

9. draqon Banned Banned

yeah just look at me...I have been gone for a month after a frantic number of posts and with a doomsday message like "end of eternity" most people thought I commited suicide, meanwhile I have partying in the pool and working and having awesome life. =p

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I don't know if I would force anyone to exist if they truley did not want to, but I would think anyone here seeing there loved one about to jump off a building would try and stop them. If any of you were present when mews was about to jump under a train you guys would stp him right?, it's because suicide is wrong and we should not do it, it insults life itself.

They should have done more to help him yes, but at the end of the day how can I say honourable words about a person commiting such deeds?. I truley can't find any decent things to say aabout a man who does this kind of thing, I did try and look for the good in his actions but all I found was selfish escapism and cowardice.

If anything im sorry that I could not find truthful good words to say, maybe I should have said nothing atall and that would hve been better to do. Im not good at fake sympthy I would rather be honest and blunt than tell fake kindness.

11. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

fleh. Suicide is doing the one thing you have total control of. You can't be forced to live if you really don't want to.

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

That's cool, as long as you're not insinuating that the sympathy here is false or unjustified.
    Just remember, Mew was not of sound mind.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Personaly I would suffer through it all, no matter the pain or circumstances. I would rather die fighting a thousand battles over 100 years than take my own life, nothing is more disshonourable in my eyes. Why would I ask other people to suffer so that I could go in shamefull peace?

Do you know the staggering odds and chnces for your conscious mind to actualy have come into existence. it is beyond billions to 1 it is mind blowingly lucky to even exist here. should we really make scores and scores of people sad and suffering just so we can be at ease?, one person gets to bail out while he/she leaves the many to suffer, if this was put to votes in an economical scale we would vote against it, for instance if the subject was different and we got to decide if we choose to pass law that harms the majority and benefits the small minority of the populace it would be no go.

Just like with suicide it benefits the minority while harms the majority, it is a selfish act that holds no virtue part from being a quitter who is crying for mercy, tapping out on the canvas of life.

peace.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

You can't be forced to, you also cannot be forced not to leave an old lady bleeding on the street floor. but whats the honourable thing to do?.

peace.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Oh no, im not speaking for anybody else the sympthy others have is most likely genuine, I just can't seem to see anything positive from its outcome. Other thn one selfish person got what they want.

He was troubled I know, but he could have fought on.

peace.

16. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You guys seen this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXUHy8vrVY0

I've been reading an outline on psychoanalysis, accordingly it states that suicide seems predicated on the idea of survival. So those who do it somehow their idea of survival has been skewed, or there's a deep wish to survive but that cause the trouble, more later...

17. John99 Banned Banned

RubiksMaster is correct.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Rubbish. People can be forced into situations where they think suicide is their only way out, Hardly means the person contemplating suicide has full control. After all the events that lead up to their untimely demise have been arranged.

19. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Man...Mewskitty is dead? Mewskitty, where ever you are, I'm sorry you took your life. I gave you a hard time about the whole Myuu thing...sorry. RIP.

20. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Emptyforceofchi,

there are plenty of laws that help the minority, at the cost of the majority (positive discrimination for example), where the idea is that the minority gains a lot and the majority loses little. Again, one persons right to choose whether to live or die carries much more weight than other people's right not to feel sad for a while, in my opinion.

you might not be able to see that because you enjoy life. but look at it from the perspective of somebody thats suicidal.

21. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Yes. Studies were done on the relationship between the number of highly publicized suicides and suicides and seeming accidents resulting in sure death or severe injury (such as a car hitting a single tree on a straight road).
    A short overview with references to those studies can be found in Robert Cialdini: Influence. The Psychology of Persuasion.

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Maybe I missed it but how old was he/she?

23. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I'm soooo tired of this thread. You want to say alms over Mewskitty? Fine. You want to talk suicide? Start a new thread instead of pissing in this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.